Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
May 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #211 of 3,817

That was clear as a bell.  Thanks.  I actually agree with you on the LCDs
biggrin.gif
  Now just waiting to get my hands on a pair of HE1000..

Thanks
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #214 of 3,817
  Took a look at your profile and it looks like your musical tastes are all-encompassing.  From what I hear, the HE1000s would probably be THE HEADPHONES for your.  Now, as for me, I listen 99% of the time to classical (orchestral, chamber, solo piano, Opera) and it doesn't sound like the HE1000s are the ones for me.  I'm extremely happy with the HD800s and T1s for classical, so it does, indeed, seem like I will not be getting the HE1000s despite my obsessive-compulsive tendencies.  Now, if the classical-music lovers camp starts to rave about the HE1000s with classical, I may be forced to reconsider.

ditto

however,excellent review!!

May 28, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #215 of 3,817
For Classical listeners, some more impressions will come later. Lojay listens mostly to Classical.  More impressions to come vs HD800 and HE-6 too.  Work in progress. Serious comparisons and analysis take time for this kind of beast. 

May 28, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #216 of 3,817
P.S.
hope I do not get banned for this... ppl ask Qs, it's normal to have some lateral discussions. I find @Hifiman's 'dont make me ban you' attitude kinda pricky .. just do the work and link the relevant posts in the FP. And btw, wasnt there a special kind of thread for impressions? (where you can mark the review posts and have them autolinked in FP, etc..)

Obviously I hope so too.
I dont see however why it should, its just my opinion, not hard FACT.
In terms of the HE-1000, as I said, the HE-560 is for now my endgame (I will listen to the HD800 and HE-1000 before i make my choice thou).
WE will see :D.

May 28, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #217 of 3,817

I appreciate the time and effort that money put in to do his review. But not to be negative his review was one with a limited number of headphone amps. I myself really do not like the schiit amps all that much. There are better amps out there. With better amplification the results I am sure would have been somewhat different.
  It looks like you have not upgraded the stock cable on your audeze phones. I have on my ldc2 v2 prefazor headphones and I can tell you that the stock cable that audeze provides ,is not a very good cable at all . In fact it sucks you are really not hearing what your audezes are capable of until you hear it with a better cable. Most of the criticisms though probably not all were alleviated by the cable upgrade. My LCD 2 v2s are not detail monsters but the clarity of sound improved enough that I am satisfied with them .
   I heard the 1000 but only briefly at the axpona show. They were using a hiifi man headphone amp ( I think it might have been a prototype) It sounded promising but considering it was in the ear expo room with some ambient noise bleeding through it was really not the best listening environment.

I am somewhat skeptical about cables and similar upgrades. However I thin that is something for a different thread :D.

May 28, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #218 of 3,817
For Classical listeners, some more impressions will come later. Lojay listens mostly to Classical.  More impressions to come vs HD800 and HE-6 too.  Work in progress. Serious comparisons and analysis take time for this kind of beast. 
Yup. I listen to about 50% classical nowadays but I really listen to everything. So the HE1000 comes in handy :wink:

May 28, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #219 of 3,817
Just wanted to say that this post was the tipping point for me. I found that virtually every headphone I heard in the past had strengths in certain genres and weaknesses with others. Usually, when I hear genre master, I think compromises that may hinder ultimate technical performance. But since the HE1000 seems to be able to nail every genre without making compromises, even surpassing most other headphones technically, I am SOLD. Already made arrangements to purchase it once I have the funds. Also set this (which I made myself and entitled "One HEK of a RYgg") as my wallpaper, to use as daily inspiration.

You will enjoy it. I am shocked how good it sounds, after just 17 hours of burn time. I just listened to some Mozart and Wagner and was very impressed with the holographic soundstage, that seems infinite.

May 28, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #221 of 3,817
Have all the users here been using the stock cable? Is anyone running it balanced? 
Also, would an Oppo cable fit in the HE1K? (The balanced Oppo cable was a nice improvement in my PM1, but that may just be due to running balanced.)
Thx.

May 28, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #222 of 3,817
  Have all the users here been using the stock cable? Is anyone running it balanced? 
Also, would an Oppo cable fit in the HE1K? (The balanced Oppo cable was a nice improvement in my PM1, but that may just be due to running balanced.)
Thx.

I have used them with Whiplash silver balanced but what I have right now is the PHA3 with DSD running to it. Not a monster amp but frankly the sound was very good. I have used the Whiplash SE also and need more time to differentiate the sound difference if there is any between stock cables and the Whiplash silver. I ordered a silver/gold Whiplash cable and hope to receive that soon. 

May 28, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #223 of 3,817
I have had my HE1K burning in for about 24 hours and the bass is opening up and the soundstage seems more revealing of the micro details. And the speed of these cans, is bloody amazing. For those who love Prat, then you will love these cans. The dynamic range and how fast sound transcends the dynamic range, is almost magical. The Yggdrasil helps bring out the musical detail of the music, and the Ragnarock supplies all the power these cans need to remain highly detailed, through out the bass, mids and highs. I have chills going through my back. I have played rock, jazz, classical and getting ready on my one track of Diamond Tooth Marry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back