Official: Grado / Alessandro Liberators [CARBON FIBER] PRICING ANNOUNCED!!!
May 3, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #31 of 242
Sign me up for beta testing. I'd love to compare these commercially made distancers to my hand-made ones.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #32 of 242
Sign me up too, possibly.

May 4, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #36 of 242
Provision of North America has always been a problem, as ApatN's and my distancers got quite expensive there due to shipping costs, customs and the bad €$ exchange rate. Good to see that this gap is closed now.

May 4, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #37 of 242
If you'll send out to Europe (UK) I will beta test. I have some liberators already (originally made by Apatn) so I could offer some good comparitive feedback.

May 4, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #38 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerebrous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we will have 3x 1.5mm tuning ports

is that enough? debating in putting in more and plugging them.

i think the design that nickchen settled with was 4 evenly spaced ports. I'm sure more wouldn't hurt..as you can plug them in in the long run.

Really glad you guys are taking the time to tune/adjust this product
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #39 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think the design that nickchen settled with was 4 evenly spaced ports.

Nope, 3x 1,5 mm. More is shrill. less is dull.

May 4, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #40 of 242
I'd be interested, depending on price.

May 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #41 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Provision of North America has always been a problem, as ApatN's and my distancers got quite expensive there due to shipping costs, customs and the bad €$ exchange rate. Good to see that this gap is closed now.

Shipping costs and customs are nothing of a problem really. The bad exchange rate is a killer. What will these commercial distancers cost?

I build these very regularly and I think I can give you feedback on your product. Feel free to sign me up for beta testing.

May 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #43 of 242
hi, i'm an mechanical engineering student. I admit carbon fiber is a very interesting composite and have wide application, but no idea why people keep using them for acoustic application. there is the carbon fiber headphones, and there's one professor in my uni has developed a carbon fiber violin. it was known that wood is the material with best acoustic properties, so y bother with carbon fiber? 

May 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #44 of 242

Quote:
hi, i'm an mechanical engineering student. I admit carbon fiber is a very interesting composite and have wide application, but no idea why people keep using them for acoustic application. there is the carbon fiber headphones, and there's one professor in my uni has developed a carbon fiber violin. it was known that wood is the material with best acoustic properties, so y bother with carbon fiber? 

b/c its CARBON FIBER not wood =/

count me in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back