Official: Grado / Alessandro Liberators [CARBON FIBER] PRICING ANNOUNCED!!!
Mar 17, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #16 of 242
hahaha, carbon fiber, now how expensive would that get, and from an engineering stand point, im not sure how effective that would be over normal wood, care to enlighten us? Not question you or anything I just want to see the thought development

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #17 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolitsluis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahaha, carbon fiber, now how expensive would that get, and from an engineering stand point, im not sure how effective that would be over normal wood, care to enlighten us? Not question you or anything I just want to see the thought development

Honestly, it was just purely because I like Carbon Fiber.

But they also make Guitars out of Carbon Fiber as well.

we are already working with a Carbon Fiber Manufacture for something else. Don't worry I'm trying to keep cost as low as possible.

This sparks me to look up the resonance properties..

I'll post if I find anything

Mar 30, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #19 of 242
i'm very interested in this as well.

count me in

May 2, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #26 of 242
Ooh, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. The original liberators rarely come up for sale, and are usually bundled to a pair of 'phones I have little interest in. Will I be able to return my headphones to stock configuration, or will the liberators be permanently attached?

May 2, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #27 of 242
Count me in for both interested and beta testing. I still own the wood liberators custom made by a canadian member that's lined with felt that I used for my MS1000. IMO what's more important isn't so much the material used but rather the dimension of the unit itself (just something rigid enough to hold the pads). There's also the issue of "tuning" the sound, which is addressed via drilling holes in the actual liberator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back