Official Goldring DR150 Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #497 of 761
You could have read the 25 pages easily in the time you took to ask twice. To answer you from memory though, US head-fiers ordered them from a UK retailer. $150usd is about £75 which is a little above the prices I've seen them going for recently which is about £65 before delivery.

For pictures, I suggest you browse through this thread.

The highs on the DR150 are slightly sibilant to start with but they tame down after burn-in. Bass is supposed to be excellent, much cleaner than the HD555 for example.

As for your questions on music taste, again, I suggest you take half an hour to read the thread. There's only so much you will gain from a couple of spoon-fed answers compared to doing your own legwork.

Jun 5, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #498 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could have read the 25 pages easily in the time you took to ask twice. To answer you from memory though, US head-fiers ordered them from a UK retailer. $150usd is about £75 which is a little above the prices I've seen them going for recently which is about £65 before delivery.

For pictures, I suggest you browse through this thread.

The highs on the DR150 are slightly sibilant to start with but they tame down after burn-in. Bass is supposed to be excellent, much cleaner than the HD555 for example.

As for your questions on music taste, again, I suggest you take half an hour to read the thread. There's only so much you will gain from a couple of spoon-fed answers compared to doing your own legwork.

I actually just tested them today, so pics and all isn't important, price was my biggest concern as we're pretty much getting screwed on evertyhing up here.

The ones i tried in the store wasnt burned in then, as they sounded partly sibilant at some songs. I really like the detcahable cable gives a lot of options, both for recabling, cables for different use, and even just using a zen stone to make it "wireless" headphones. Bass was indeed very good, and i was overall very impressed. even with the bg noise and the fact these are open, they sounded great

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #499 of 761
I bought the DR150's about 3 weeks ago and I am loving it. At first, I was in a dilemma whether to buy this or the HD595's but now I'm glad that I went with the DR150's. The bass can be tamed by removing the cloth inside of the grill, but I prefer to keep it in there.

Jun 12, 2007 at 9:17 AM Post #500 of 761
My 'phones for listening to electronica at home - DR150

My 'phones for listening to electronica on the move - GX200

Thanks Goldring
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #501 of 761
Just picked up my dr150's from the local "hifiklubben"
biggrin.gif

Love the soundstage, only phone i have to match my modded ksc75's in that area. Of course mine still needs burn in. The detachable cable = me like, have some canare cable around so thought i should make a shorter cable for it.
The sibilance is noticable but hopefully it will go away when theyre burnt in ^^

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #502 of 761
I'll bump this to allow for easier access. Seems like a nice alternative to the HD555s.

EDIT: How much for a 3ft recable & the woody mod? Looks amazing with the wood.

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #503 of 761
Just made a 39 ohm resistor adapter for this thing. Makes every f*ing difference in the world plus Mars and the moon when playing straight out of my cowon d2. The d2 really loves higher impendances though, iem's are eaten alive if theyre down below 30-40 ohm from what i hear

resad.jpg

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #504 of 761
I've just listened to perhaps the 500th or so hour on these cans.......... giant killers for the price IMO.

Aug 5, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #508 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you people even buy this headphone?

In Europe? No idea. But for people in the USA, AudioAdvisor and Music Direct are now carrying Goldring.

Aug 5, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #509 of 761
Buy them from me! I've got a pair for sale in the forums at the moment
tongue.gif

Edit: my price ($115 incl/ shipping) being much less than the going rate from American dealers, $150....

Shameless plug!

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back