Official Goldring DR150 Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #481 of 761
I don't mind it being a small select group of discerning Docphiles. I don't really feel the need to have everyone else back up what I already know, that these are great headphones at sub $150.00. I do love it when someone else gets them and loves them, because they're getting a true bargain IMO. Mine got no attention at the Dallas meet last time. This time however they're beautifully recabled by Warrior05, "Bad Boy" Black and woodied. Someone's gonna notice 'em this time.
biggrin.gif
Congrats on your new Docs guys! Now who knows how to create a Doc smiley?

Dec 21, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #482 of 761
Well I just finished making a set of DR150 woodies for fellow Head-Fier Hemos. They are stunning! Much nicer than the woodied Docs I made for myself. They are shipping onto our own master Doc modder Warrior05 for his delectable recable, then home to Hemos. Sorry no pics at this time, I'll let Hemos be the one to unveil them to our fellow Goldring lovers.
cool.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #484 of 761
Hi to all the happy GR owners.
I'm looking at upgrading my Sr-60's and I've been looking at the Sr-225, MS-1, MS-2 and now...after reading this thread, I'm quite interested in the DR 150.

I'm so confused????

I've read a considerable amount of DR150 vs Senn 595... however very little with respect to Grados. I'm seriously considering the MS because I love the forwardness of the GRADO line but want some more control in the higher end. It looks like the GR has this, and possibly more balanced then the MS???

Could those of you who have (or had) Grados give an idea of how the GR compare the the different grados? Also, to which Grado do you think the GR best compares?

Thanks

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #485 of 761
I'm calling all the DR150 gods for a though call to make
smily_headphones1.gif
I have a few opportunities to upgrade my Pint amp to something a little more high end and I would want your advice. Based on what you read and what you heard, which of the following amp would be the best for the Docs?

Heed Canamp
MapleTreeAudio Ear Purist HD+ 150
Eddie Current EC/SS

BTW here is the pic of what Steve did to my headphones =P

docs1.jpg

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #486 of 761
I'm really starting to like headphone listening, and decided I want something better. Currently I own Ultimate ears 5fi pro, and Etymotics er-6's. If I bought these Dr150's would they be a real improvement? Oh, I also own the older Bose Triports. How do they sound compared to those? Should I buy a headphone amp?

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #487 of 761
Where is the best site to buy these from there really isn't much I can find.

Also I'm going to be running these off my notebook what would be the best cost effective way to get the best sound out of the notebook. I was thinking of getting the Bithead.

How did you guys get these things black?

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #488 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is the best site to buy these from there really isn't much I can find.

sorry - can't help you there other than just doing google searches.

Quote:

Also I'm going to be running these off my notebook what would be the best cost effective way to get the best sound out of the notebook. I was thinking of getting the Bithead.

the headphonia is getting pretty good reviews and they sell a usb unit. i used to use an edirol usb unit - the UM-1EX - which worked well. have no idea how the docs sound with any of those units.

Quote:

How did you guys get these things black?

krylon makes paint specifically to adhere to plastic. that's what both swt61 and i used.

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #489 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm calling all the DR150 gods for a though call to make
smily_headphones1.gif
I have a few opportunities to upgrade my Pint amp to something a little more high end and I would want your advice. Based on what you read and what you heard, which of the following amp would be the best for the Docs?

Heed Canamp
MapleTreeAudio Ear Purist HD+ 150
Eddie Current EC/SS

BTW here is the pic of what Steve did to my headphones =P

docs1.jpg

Steve... the woodies are looking really really good!!!! I've been kinda MIA here for quite a while now.. glad to see that the love for the Docs are still very much well and alive...

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #490 of 761
How is bass on DR150??
I'm thinking to buy one of them to complement my Grado's SR80, and I looked at A900s, and 770. but I don't like bassy and closed cans. I'll have more bass than my SR80?? I'll use it with and Original Master amp.

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #492 of 761
Funny how this thread keeps coming back.

Yes, you will get more bass than your Grados. You don't have to read this whole thread but start at the beginning and you'll get an idea what a little gem the Docs are. Bass - slightly elevated, nicely controlled and goes pretty deep.

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #493 of 761
Thank you warrior05. I can get them a little drop price than usual on my local retailer, regular price in Spain is 99€, and I can get for 85€.
I love SR80 when I watch TV series with Dolby Headphone but I'd like a little more bass without lose mids and transpareny. I like airy sound and soundstage.
I think I'll pick it up tomorrow.....
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #494 of 761
DR150, good music and Dr Pepper. Lovin' it!
I've had a pair of AKG K141's from the 80's that i have used at home. Had to do minor repair on them few times, so i decided to buy new headphones. I've read lot of the posts about Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado/Alessandro, Sennheiser... Then i went to listen some of the most interesting ones and one day came back home with the Doctors. Had them for few weeks now, but been busy at work so haven't used them that much. But i really like the way they sound.

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #495 of 761
**** 25 pages o.o
I dont have time to read that, even though im not a fan of asking same questions which are already been answered, but:
-Price in the US? These are $150 here in norway, seeing that everything here is 1.5-2 times us price that might be cheap
-good place for pics`specially the detachable cable, how it sits in place etc, how it looks
-these sound interesting to me to use, i enjoy mybass, but not happy about highs, sensitive to high freqs alltogether. the sound i own and love is that in the line of ksc75, px100, dt231 etc, i.e not too much highs like akg and good bass. Is these like those?
-music preference is rock and 80's style pop/rock, but for really ejoying music i must say that all instrumental orchastra versions of other songs is really fun and relaxing, hows these for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back