Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Jan 16, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #723 of 1,418
FYI, I was using drag and drop with my A816, but MediaMonkey is a better way to move music on and off the Sony in my view. You can create playlists, etc., and just use them to add and/or remove songs on the Sony. I though drag and drop would be better, but others pointed out the ease of using MediaMonkey, and they were right. Free download too. And you do not have to sync, just drag and drop your playlists. It's just easier than Windows Explorer, and it does tags and album art too.

Jan 16, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #724 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI, I was using drag and drop with my A816, but MediaMonkey is a better way to move music on and off the Sony in my view. You can create playlists, etc., and just use them to add and/or remove songs on the Sony. I though drag and drop would be better, but others pointed out the ease of using MediaMonkey, and they were right. Free download too. And you do not have to sync, just drag and drop your playlists. It's just easier than Windows Explorer, and it does tags and album art too.

Thanks for the tip. I'm also going to check out J River Media which I believe was mentioned in this thread or another about the Sony A81x family of players.

Jan 16, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #726 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think waiting for yet another Amazon sale is the better way to go here...

I doubt Amazon is going to have another sale. They only have 1 pair left. They dropped the price to get rid of them since the new C751 came out. The C751 are probably going to stay overpriced at $199.99 for a long time too.

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #727 of 1,418
Oh then I'm glad I was able to snatch them up at that price.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I'm near 100 hours of burn-in time. I hope people who described a significant difference were right.

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #728 of 1,418
Just received notice from Amazon that part of my order shipped today. My Glass Audio Projects Book and my C700's.
biggrin.gif

I listened to my Sony A816 today on my flights. I have a mix of MP3 ranging from 192kbs VBR to straight 356kbs that I ripped quickly last night with Nero instead of EAC since I didn't have time to wait. Anyways, I have the EQ off since my E2Gs have built-in correction to boost the bass and treble a bit. Wow, it sounds so much better than my 3g iPod with no EQ. I didn't do any side by side comparisons, I just noticed a huge improvement on the plane. Now I really can't wait to get the C700's and burn them in!
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #729 of 1,418
Ok, So right now I'm high really listening to these headphones for the first time in complete concentration. I have to say these things are absolutely amazon. I was on them just listening to Pink Floyds, "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" and it felt like I was just inside the music. Every note was influencing my body.

I really felt the experience. I've listened to this song a number of times on different headphones and never have I really felt like I was in it like I was in these. Excellent!

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #730 of 1,418
^ lol @ amazon

I got them and you know what? I don't mind having spent one hundred forty-one dollars and thirty-six cents for them. I'm blown away right out of the box! I think they've only had about 10-15 hours burn in since I got them. Man, oh man... I'm coming from UE Super.fi 3s, btw.

I was just listening to Miles Davis' Bitches Brew and I felt like I was in a jazz café! Marvelous... And although I'd read about the low end, it was still shocking to discover how deep and bassy they were when I got them Friday.

Jan 23, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #734 of 1,418
So I just paired up the C700 with a fine black 80gb Zune. Here's a quick impression list.

Coming from a DT-770/major bass setup, I obviously find the bass on these lacking. Listening to hip-hop and drum n' bass is kind of annoying without those big ear-popping lows.

Bad, yeah? Hell no. These IEMs give me a new light to my musical experience. Elliott Smith never sounded so brilliant. Acoustics and the other 3000+ songs on my playlist sound absolutely BRILLIANT with these. I can't say much more, it's ridiculous ><. I never knew this purchase would create so much euphoria within my mp3s.

Thanks Head-Fi, this is the first wallet buster combo I've had in a while, and I love it.

$100 for IEMs, $220 for Zune. $320 for an awesome portable setup. I believe I'm going to call it quits for buying anymore headphones now (college is going to be right around the corner.)

smily_headphones1.gif
disco

Jan 23, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #735 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discobiscuits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe I'm going to call it quits for buying anymore headphones now (college is going to be right around the corner.)

smily_headphones1.gif
disco

That's what you think, and that's what I told myself too... hahaha
smily_headphones1.gif

But yeah, I love these headphones to death too. Bass isn't all there, but it's not bad either. After that, everything else is so good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back