Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Jan 11, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #691 of 1,418
Thanks. I'm about to pick up a Sony A818 too, so I think I'll switch the Sony tips onto the C700s with the ear plug foam trick since I have a nice white foam ear plug sitting on my desk. I'll order the A-T replacement tips on my next Amazon order and try those too.

I'm actually torn between picking up the Sony A818 or continuing to use my old 20Gig 3G iPod and investing in a Rockhopper M3 amp...

Jan 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #692 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't go in really deep, but some people are getting a better fit by 'twisting' them at an angle. So shove them in - and then kind of twist them a 1/4 turn towards you so the cable moves outwards. Sorry, can't explain that very well, but they should grip better if you try that.

I'm sure the 'veil' will disappear once you've put in more listening time. I find them warm yet very clear at the same time. Maybe hook them up to some music and leave them playing overnight, that should help them even out.

ShinyFalcon

Thanks!! We needed the q-JAYS comparison and I couldn't find it anywhere.

denon_lt.jpg

denon_rt.jpg

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #693 of 1,418
^^^^^^^^

OK - where are the rest of the headphones???

And just how deep are your canals??

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #694 of 1,418
Does anyone here recommend any place I could get foam tips for the C700? I normally use the small Sony rubber tips but eventually they pop out. Plus I figure they would be more comfortable.

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #695 of 1,418
I broke down and bought them on Amazon....post-deal.
I suffer from chronic buyer's remorse, though, so I'm still lurking around here trying to figure out of I should get the Atrios instead...or the Q-Jays...or the S.F5Ps.

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #696 of 1,418
If you are lucky they may drop the price back down within the month and you could pricematch over the phone.

Jan 13, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #697 of 1,418
How much burn in do these Denon AH-C700 's require? I like them so far but they have a bit of a muffled tone. I also got some Dennon 2000's and have not had to much listening time with the IEM's because of my infatuation with the D2000's, but these AH-C700's really are fairly amazing even with no burn in yet.

Great Bass and Mid-range, treble is very clear. They sound so far like a brighter, bassier verion of my HD580's , which to me is a good thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can hear the Dennon sound and the D2000 is better, but so far with no burn in they still sound very, very good. Definitely considering portable use etc. they are best portable sound I have heard so far. Almost as good as the D2000's...let's see what time and burn in do.

Jan 13, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #698 of 1,418
I mentioned before that the C700 get better over the first 100-200 hours.

And I've also said my re-cabled D2000 sound similar to my re-cabled HD600, with more bass. Wierd...

Jan 13, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #699 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mentioned before that the C700 get better over the first 100-200 hours.

And I've also said my re-cabled D2000 sound similar to my re-cabled HD600, with more bass. Wierd...

Cool just wanted a idea how long these took to sound there best. As some can's need more and some less. I am digging them right now. Yeah I really might get the D5000 later as I really do enjoy them a lot and they sound much better now from when I first got them. Amazing can's.

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #700 of 1,418
I burned them in for 100 hours (took a while lol), and initially I was worried that I was ruining the bass. Turns out that it really wasn't the case, but was more of a source issue.
tongue.gif

How many hours are on your C700s, HeadphoneAddict?

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #701 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I burned them in for 100 hours (took a while lol), and initially I was worried that I was ruining the bass. Turns out that it really wasn't the case, but was more of a source issue.
tongue.gif

How many hours are on your C700s, HeadphoneAddict?

I'm guessing almost 500 hours since I got them last summer. But, only about 100 of those were in the past 3 months, since I got Livewires custom IEM. And then in the past month I started listening to high end full size cans like Edition 9, HP-1000, STAX electrostatics and re-cabled Grado RS-2/HD600.

But, I used the Denon today at my son's birthday party, when he took 10 friends to play laser tag, and I had the party room and iPod Nano with Headsix all to myself for an hour... I keep them with me in my jacket pocket for when I am out and about and the Livewires would be too isolating.

Just sold the Triple.fi 10 Pro and Ety ER6i today, but still have my lovely C700. I think that says a lot about what I think of them. Denon C700 are like tubes, and Livewires are like solid state - gotta have a little of each.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #702 of 1,418
The Denons arrived Wednesday (4 days ago) and I said I would post on my opinions.

I like them. Haha, I really don’t have much to say b/c I know absolutely nothing about sound and what to look for but they sound great to me. These will be great when I’m studying in the library b/c they block off outside sound a lot better than the Bose Triports that don’t create the seal that these do.

Sorry for the horrible review but as I said I’m no audiophile and just wanted a nice pair of headphones, I got exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again for pointing me towards these instead of the Bose.

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #703 of 1,418
Crap, I just went to order them out of my cart and saw the $100 to $140 price increase...man I took too long deciding which ones I was going to get
mad.gif

Sooo, if anybody wants to sell theirs or got a second pair at the 100 price mark pm me, please : )

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #704 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by novasol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crap, I just went to order them out of my cart and saw the $100 to $140 price increase...man I took too long deciding which ones I was going to get
mad.gif

Sooo, if anybody wants to sell theirs or got a second pair at the 100 price mark pm me, please : )

still a great deal..or get the atrios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back