Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Oct 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #1,366 of 1,418
well the soundstage is lots bigger but i dont care about that. the bass is much much bigger on the 710 but i feel its just too much its like everything has been eq'd in abundance the lows the higs and even the mids an i d find myself wishing it would go away. the bass in particular is too ever present but its that everything feels too exuberant. the 710 is like the teenage brother of the 751 thats eaten a bag of red smarties, too energetic everywhere.

is it interesting? yes, but it doesnt work with all songs and some just sound not quite right. some really love it but i feel the 751 is smoother,more controlled and more refined.

oh and the cable on the 710 is ****

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #1,367 of 1,418
I found the C751 too recessed though so perhaps a coloration is what it needs. That's why I always EQ mine (increases the first 2 bars in my A816 to +2) and it sounds a lot better that way. I found using the Comply T400 tip to work very well in addressing the treble spike problem with this IEM.

Thanks anyway, mark.
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #1,368 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After 1 and a half years I'm still using the C751 with my trusty A816 DAP.
biggrin.gif
Talk about an old and loyal timer!

And I don't have any plan to upgrade my portable setup for at least a few months ahead.
For curiosity's sake, does the C710 present a large improvement from the C700/C751?

Well, I think they sound much nicer, mainly in the mids which are much more forward, open and smooth. They have a more 'complete' sound if that makes sense. The C700/C751's mids were further back in the mix than the C710. Overall, the C710 just has a more vibrant and fun sound. If you like your sound 'polite'... you won't like the C710 lol, but I love how lively and involving they are
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Mark-
I have the total opposite of your experience lol
smily_headphones1.gif

The C710's are much smoother sounding to me than the C751. Are you still amping the C751?

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #1,369 of 1,418
I think the bass of the C-710s is on par with the C-700, very strong, but smooth. The highs of the C-710 are much better, much smoother, less exhausting.

I'm running mine out of my A816 too with zero EQ and it's just right.

Oh, and the gray foamie tips are far, far more comfortable than the silicone tips and the C-710s fit into my ears better than the C-700s. I had to wear the 700s flipped upside down to get them inserted enough to stay in. Haven't tried the 710s with the Koss tips though.

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #1,370 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the bass of the C-710s is on par with the C-700, very strong, but smooth. The highs of the C-710 are much better, much smoother, less exhausting.

I'm running mine out of my A816 too with zero EQ and it's just right.

Oh, and the gray foamie tips are far, far more comfortable than the silicone tips and the C-710s fit into my ears better than the C-700s. I had to wear the 700s flipped upside down to get them inserted enough to stay in. Haven't tried the 710s with the Koss tips though.

Ooh, I didn't even try the foam tips, are they like the Comply tips? I don't like them much, they're too big for my ears
biggrin.gif

And yeah, the C710 are easy to wear both ways, and more comfortable than the C700's. They used to hurt my ears after a few hours, but I can wear the C710's nearly all day wth no ill effects at all
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #1,371 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, I didn't even try the foam tips, are they like the Comply tips? I don't like them much, they're too big for my ears
biggrin.gif

And yeah, the C710 are easy to wear both ways, and more comfortable than the C700's. They used to hurt my ears after a few hours, but I can wear the C710's nearly all day with no ill effects at all
ksc75smile.gif

I never ordered the Comply tips because I thought they would be too long and I had tried the Shure orange foams and did not like the sound on the C-700s. The Denon gray foams are similar to the Shure orange foams in comfort, which is a good thing. They hold in the ear better and seal off ambient noise better too. I'm really happy with the combo again and have no upgrade'itis for the Sony X1000 now. I need to put that $400 towards the new Audeze LCD-2s instead. Also need to sell off the SR-325s and K240 Sextetts to fund the rest of the LCD-2s, but my portable rig will stay the A816/C-710s with foams.

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #1,372 of 1,418
Quote:

Well, I think they sound much nicer, mainly in the mids which are much more forward, open and smooth. They have a more 'complete' sound if that makes sense. The C700/C751's mids were further back in the mix than the C710. Overall, the C710 just has a more vibrant and fun sound. If you like your sound 'polite'... you won't like the C710 lol, but I love how lively and involving they are
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Mark-
smily_headphones1.gif

The C710's are much smoother sounding to me than the C751. Are you still amping the C751?

Thanks, soozieq. Now we have a totally opposite impression but this got me really curious.

It also doesn't help that the C710 doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The temptation...

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #1,373 of 1,418
Quote:

biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Mark-
smily_headphones1.gif

well yes but only for ipod line out, amping doesnt improve them any unlike the the 751 which just loves the icon mobile, sooo much loves it

Dec 19, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #1,379 of 1,418
ah, exactly what i was looking for, actually. sounds like a good complement to the RE0. and very durable, i imagine? i had the C551, and i was hoping it'd be similarly tough and that it'd sound like more (and better) of the same.

Dec 19, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #1,380 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah, exactly what i was looking for, actually. sounds like a good complement to the RE0. and very durable, i imagine? i had the C551, and i was hoping it'd be similarly tough and that it'd sound like more (and better) of the same.

I liked them a lot more than the C551. If I remember rightly, the C551 had even more bass, but the highs were more muted. The C700/751's are built like a tank, and the cable is just genius
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back