Official classic rock thread
Jan 5, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #352 of 393
I posted this about 3 years ago.
I gotta say, this song is very simple but it's one of my all-time faves.
I swear, it's been my theme song my entire life.

Yep...same here...just a way to make me smile!

It ain't so hard to do if you know how :wink:

Jan 5, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #357 of 393
Some of my favs. Apologies in advance of these have been posted already.

Fleetwood Mac- Rhiannon
Why this version wasn't the official version is beyond me. You can find this version on a couple of bootlegs floating around out there. Stevie is on absolute:fire:

DMB w/ Warren Haynes- Cortez the Killer (N. Young)
Another killer live version that you can find if you look around a bit- fantastic guitar work, as usual, from Warren Haynes

Deep Purple- Pictures of Home

My fav DP song. Fantastic lyrics about the lonliness of a mountain climber, or a rock star, or maybe both

Nazareth- Telegram

This version is on the live 'Snaz album. Showing off the powerhouse vocals of the recently deceased Dan McCafferty, the most under appreciated rock vocalist ever.

Alice Cooper-Ballad of Dwight Fry
A deep cut that happens to be my fav Alice Cooper song

Blue Oyster Cult- Astronomy

Bruce Springsteen- Lost in the Flood
Another live version that I prefer over the studio release. Available on Live Hammersmith album. Insane performance before Bruce got too poppy.

Ten Years After- 50,000 Miles Beneath My Brain

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #358 of 393
Some of my favs. Apologies in advance of these have been posted already.

Fleetwood Mac- Rhiannon
Why this version wasn't the official version is beyond me. You can find this version on a couple of bootlegs floating around out there.

DMB w/ Warren Haynes- Cortez the Killer (N. Young)
Another killer live version that you can find if you look around a bit- fantastic guitar work, as usual, from Warren Haynes

Deep Purple- Pictures of Home

My fav DP song. Fantastic lyrics about the lonliness of a mountain climber, or a rock star, or maybe both

Nazareth- Telegram

This version is on the live 'Snaz album. Showing off the powerhouse vocals of the recently deceased Dan McCafferty, the most under appreciated rock vocalist ever.

Alice Cooper-Ballad of Dwight Fry
A deep cut that happens to be my fav Alice Cooper song

Blue Oyster Cult- Astronomy

Bruce Springsteen- Lost in the Flood
Another live version that I prefer over the studio release. Available on Live Hammersmith album. Insane performance before Bruce got too poppy.

Ten Years After- 50,000 Miles Beneath My Brain

Some great bands and songs!
Made me listen to some more Ten Years After...always a good time. :beerchug:

Fast or slow...rock, blues, or jazz -- Alvin was a great guitarist!

Still remember putting on A Space in Time and cranking I'd Love to Change the World much to my parents' dismay...'turn that racket down'

only to be told later what a great guitarist the guy playing Uncle Jam was :wink:

Bonus - Woodstock live

Users who are viewing this thread

Back