Official Atlanta 2010 Meet Thread
Apr 14, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #31 of 66
Good thing I will be done with my finals and school ends the day before.

Anyone know when the meet starts and how long it will last? I might attend a family member's graduation, so I am not sure if I can make it or not.

I have never been to a meet before, so this should be very fun! If I do go, I should have the following:

Audio Technica CK10 and CK100 (along with different sized tips)
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #32 of 66
I'll be out of town the week right before Saturday, so hopefully I'll have time to get all this ready:

AMPS:
ECP DSHA, Differential Stereo Headphone Amplifier
Beezar/ECP L'espressivo PCB, SE tube/transformer-coupled
Millett Hybrid MOSFET-MAX V1.2
Millett Hybrid MiniMAX
Starving Student Millett Hybrid

SOURCES:
grubDAC CableDAC
grubDAC
BantamDAC CableDAC
BantamDAC

CANS:
Grado HF-2
Grado HF-1
AKG K701
Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable
(maybe some others)

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #33 of 66
Hi guys I'm still out west working. I will see about the policy for beverages. As to etiquette simply come on in. Last year I made name tags for everyone. It should start at 10 am and last until at least 7 or 8 pm.

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #37 of 66
Hello every one. I'm an ATL native here and I'm really interested in getting a foot hold on the headphone scene. Ever since I stepped up to a pair of HD280 pros I've fallen in love.

I hope the event is still on, I would love to see what else is out there.

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #38 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by carcrazy202 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello every one. I'm an ATL native here and I'm really interested in getting a foot hold on the headphone scene. Ever since I stepped up to a pair of HD280 pros I've fallen in love.

Hope to see you there soon.

Apr 26, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #39 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by carcrazy202 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh yes still on indeed. You will get to hear some pretty amazing gear that's for sure.

Fitz my suggestion is if you guys want to bring some of your own poison to the meet go ahead, just don't try to roll a keg inside...lol.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #42 of 66
I will be there. Good venue and site of many Atlanta Record Shows.

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #43 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about two kegs!
wink.gif
Or Bacardi 151, now that will do it.
It wasn't me.

We are trying to be sophisticated/elitist here beverage wise... expect good bourbon and at least decent scotch. If you need a list of acceptable spirits, please let us know and we will provide you with that information.

I got word today that the A-VCOA (Audio-Video Club of Atlanta) received my invitation and let its members know about this meet. I gave them information on the location and links to threads to let them know about it. If you weren't at the A-VCOA/Tyll Hertsens gathering last summer you missed out on meeting some fellow enthusiasts from the area. The listening conditions for that meet weren't ideal, so any of the members who make it out to this meet will really be in for a treat.

**BRENT**

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #44 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by MexicanDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are trying to be sophisticated/elitist here beverage wise... expect good bourbon and at least decent scotch. If you need a list of acceptable spirits, please let us know and we will provide you with that information.

You're only saying that because you don't drink beer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MexicanDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got word today that the A-VCOA (Audio-Video Club of Atlanta) received my invitation and let its members know about this meet. I gave them information on the location and links to threads to let them know about it. If you weren't at the A-VCOA/Tyll Hertsens gathering last summer you missed out on meeting some fellow enthusiasts from the area. The listening conditions for that meet weren't ideal, so any of the members who make it out to this meet will really be in for a treat.

Yeah, I saw that email. Hopefully some of them will come, they were a pretty cool bunch.

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #45 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're only saying that because you don't drink beer.

Beer = more sloshing. Sloshing = bad. I'm just sayin'.

Oh, btw, you need to fix the gain on my amp. Colin did 5 instead of 2. Fix it. Thx.

**BRENT**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back