Official 99.99% Teflon Coated Silver Wire Group Buy
Aug 19, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #196 of 424
first day of the last undergraduate semester of my life was today so i am kind of swamped.....

i am going to try to update the front page tonight but i may not get around to it until the morning.....

got to get some homework done first...

the order date might have to be postponed until monday because i goofed and forgot to give magic168 my address so his check won't be mailed out until tomorrow.

i don't think it would make much difference anyways because they probably would not start manufacture until next week anyways on a friday order

we should be able to accomodate some of the orders and increases.... i got to take a look at the excel spreadsheet and see what I can do.....

Aug 20, 2004 at 1:00 PM Post #197 of 424
Hey intlplby just looking at the front page i'm still written down for 30ft, i have paid for 45ft.

Aug 20, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #198 of 424
Any timeframe on when this will be ready to parcel out and ship?

I sincerely hope you have a couple fellow Head-Fiers living nearby when your pallet of wire arrives- to help with repacking.
eek.gif

Aug 20, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #199 of 424
garbz yeah

i changed it in my spreadsheet but forgot to change it on here

Tom at CalFineWire said it would be 4-5 week manufacture timeframe

i am gonna try to push for 3-4 weeks from the order date (Monday)

Aug 21, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #200 of 424
3061 collected so far.

Ayt999 and Magic168 have checks in the mail right now

I am working things out with Judo currently since he is in the Eastern Bloc and can't use paypal

I am still waiting for payments from:

Jack Head
TrevorNetwork
pburke
jhawk22

Sunday evening I will start taking orders from those on the wait list and I hate to have to do it but i will start bumping off those who haven't paid.

Aug 22, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #201 of 424
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
Any timeframe on when this will be ready to parcel out and ship?

I sincerely hope you have a couple fellow Head-Fiers living nearby when your pallet of wire arrives- to help with repacking.
eek.gif

Don't scare him! :wink: You make it sound like a truckload or two of wire if coming to him. I have firsthand experience that a 1000' foot roll of bare wire is smaller than a coffee pot. Teflon coated probably doubles the volume, or they'd use a spool with a smaller core than I had. :wink:

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #205 of 424
25-50 ft would be fine

Edit: To make sure I know what I'm getting into: what is this gauge etc recommended for? Some say headphones, and I was assuming interconnects, but would these work patch and interconnects in my studio and guitar setup? I'm obviously a newbie, and was going to make other wires before deciding what to use this higher end stuff on, but this isnt a real common oppurtunity.

Aug 24, 2004 at 7:30 AM Post #206 of 424
i was in your boat too so i started another thread about it.

The general concensus was that 24awg wire would be enough to use 2 strands (sig and gnd) in an interconnect. Also internal amp wiring, was a good option too.

The cable that is being bought is solid core and will be stiff and ideally not bent often as this may damage the cable. This makes it less then ideal for headhpone wires.

Aug 24, 2004 at 11:17 AM Post #207 of 424
But that interconnect with 2 wires is going be for a TR (unbalanced) plug right? A TRS plug would take 3 i believe. And I might make one end of the cables having XLR for ease of use. But what I'm asking really is should I use it for things like that or speaker cable? I would like to make sure I dont purchase anything meant for speaker use considering my monitors are self powered. I have so many questions but really dont want to hijack this, are there any wire Newb FAQs or the like out there? Thanks.

Aug 24, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #209 of 424
later tonight i am going to compile a list of latecomers and how much they wanted and see how much demand we got.

i can't order yet since i didnt know it takes 3-4 days for paypal to transfer money to my bank account.....plus i am still waiting on magic168's check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back