Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #498 of 522
...so I never got around to making jergpads so I'll be using stock pads on my HE500, but they are Fuzzor modded and I removed the fabric from the grills.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #499 of 522
A few common sense things to point out quickly.  But I've seen ALL of this.  I'll be that guy.

-Be respectful of everyones equipment
-Please turn the volume down when you walk away.
-Ask before you reconfigure or disconnect anything
-DONT push CD player trays in.  use the open/close button.
-If there is no sound coming out for some reason, ASK.. don't just start fiddling around with buttons and settings.
-if there is very little sound, and the volume knob seems really high, there is probably a reason you don't know about.  ASK.
-Dont go looking around and changing settings on someones computer.  you may regret what you find.
-Return CD's where you found them.
-Make sure your hands are clean when messing with all gear.
-Wash your hair before you get to the meet.
-Dont leave Drinks on or too near any equipment.

There is more of course, but thats a good start.  Just pretend that every setup in the room costs a million dollars, and treat it that way.  It very well may be worth that much to its owner.

Tomorrow is going to be a blast.

Jun 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #500 of 522
Wow looking like it's going to be a great meet! I'll be there a little after 11, hopefully there will be a small space in the corner for my gear :p

Also, is anyone bringing extra power strips? Forgot to pack mine...only need 2 free outlets.

Billy carries one from earlier event SD Vin his car if we are short. So There Is A Lowe's across the street.

Jun 21, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #502 of 522
A few common sense things to point out quickly.  But I've seen ALL of this.  I'll be that guy.

-Be respectful of everyones equipment

Great list, Keith. I'd also add that if your equipment is particularly finicky or has special handling needs, make a sign saying as much.

Also, name tags would be great as I am getting progressively worse with remembering names.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #503 of 522
On the headphones, please be sure to use two hands when putting them on and removing them as the ate really fragile. We are all guests so please be extra careful with others setups.

Thanks !!!

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #505 of 522
I'll be leaving soon and should be there around 10. Very psyched!

ONE TRAFFIC WARNING: locals should all know, but unless you live downtown, DO NOT TAKE THE KENNEDY (90/94) TO THE EDENS (94)! If you are coming from out of town, don't come through downtown - take 294 around instead. The construction on the Kennedy isn't going to be pretty today.

See you all soon!!!!

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #508 of 522
To anyone not there yet, don't make the same mistake I made and go to Willow Lane instead of Willow Road.

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #509 of 522
Hi guys,
Is there an impressions thread yet?
Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back