OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #46 of 137
  Date is confirmed for May 27th. Reply to the thread or send me a pm for attendance confirmation and gear/guests you are bringing. I am so excited!

Oh boy! I missed out on a NC meet a few years back, but I've got working transportation, a non sucky job and a wife to help me out this time around, so count us in! 

My only question is does any one care to split a room with my Wife and I? I hate driving 3 hours any where, and I'd prefer to be there right around 10Am, but that means I've got to be up at 5 AM that morning, so I'd prefer to arrive Friday and maybe jam with a few of you guys that night, and then be there bright and early on Saturday morning 

As far as Gear is concerned, at this moment I'd be bringing everything

Audio GD NFB 10ES2 Source Optical in from my UCA 202 and my LapTop Running FooBar 

I'd be happy to have that running my HE 4 exclusively 

with my HM 901 and iBasso PB2 running my W1000X and Fostex TH X00
And my HM 601 running my Nhoord Red V1 and Superlux HD 668B

[I've got a balanced HiRose spiltter that runs those 2 nicely, and a basic 3.5mm yCable for the hm 601 out] 

I might tote my HD 25-1 ii around my neck too in case your curious how that sounds 

but if any one's free to split a hotel please let me know! 

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #47 of 137
Oh boy! I missed out on a NC meet a few years back, but I've got working transportation, a non sucky job and a wife to help me out this time around, so count us in! 

My only question is does any one care to split a room with my Wife and I? I hate driving 3 hours any where, and I'd prefer to be there right around 10Am, but that means I've got to be up at 5 AM that morning, so I'd prefer to arrive Friday and maybe jam with a few of you guys that night, and then be there bright and early on Saturday morning 

Audio GD NFB 10ES2 Source Optical in from my UCA 202 and my LapTop Running FooBar 

[I've got a balanced HiRose spiltter that runs those 2 nicely, and a basic 3.5mm yCable for the hm 601 out] 

I might tote my HD 25-1 ii around my neck too in case your curious how that sounds 

Oh man the hd 25 were one of the most uncomfortable headphones I ever tried and from what I can remember they were harsh.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #49 of 137

I will put you on the list! Hopefully someone can share the room. Also, the meet is starting at 8 am. My mistake when submitting this thread to the front page.

I will be attending 

Bringing:
Headphones/iems:
Audioquest Nighthawk,
shp9500,
superlux 668B,
Monk+

Amps/sources/dacs:
Xduoo XD-05,
fiio k1

I will put you down! Glad you can come.

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #50 of 137
I actually think the wife and I will be enjoying our room solo, lol newly married guy. Didn't dawn on me right away how uncomfortable it could be, still planning to arrive that Friday though 

and I got the PTO approved! 

HOTEL BOOOOOKED, I'm really excited! An ashamed to admit I've never been to a meet. I've tried a few times, but I've never had reliable transportation, nor a job that offers PTO, but I'm happy to say you guys will be my first meet :D an I'm super excited!!! 

also @nimbostruck14

my sources are going to be
Behringer UCA202
Audio GD NFB10ES2
Hifiman HM 601/901

Amps are
iBasso PB2
Audio GD NFB10ES2 [Dac/Amp combo unit]

Headphones are
Superlux HD 668B [stock, with KetDirect cable]
Nhoord Red V1 (Custom "Grado" driver in Rosewood Cups)
Hifiman HE 4 [Modded with Mango Wood Cups & DT 880 Pads] 
Audio Technica W1000X [Purrin Mod and L3000 Leather Pads] 
Fostex TH X00 [With Alpha Pads]

and on my person will be my Sennhesier HD 25-1 II and I might bring my Audio Technica ES 10 [BillP Custom Mod and reCable] I forget what wood is on those cups too

My W1000X and HE 4 have removable 3pin XLR to 4pin XLR Cables on them, and my Th X00 is hard wired with 4pin XLR. Everything else is 3.5mm

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #53 of 137
Please add the following to my list of equipment that I'll be bringing (assuming I don't have to have my first day on shift that day [will find out in 3 weeks])

PS Audio DirectLink 3 DAC w/ stage 4 cullen mod

Edifier W855bt headphones

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #55 of 137
I look forward to attending the meet on May 27th. My gear list hasn't changed since
our last get together however I have lots of new music including SACDs and Binaural.
The 8am start may be a problem because of the 2+ hour drive so please save me
some setup space.

Source
Yamaha CD-S2000 w/Balanced o/p
FiiO X3v2 8gb w/128gb SD

Amps
Woo Audio 22
FiiO E11 portable

Headphones
AKG K1000 #05142 – balanced
Bose QC-25
Denon D7000 - balanced
Grado RS-1 #5086 – balanced
HiFi Man HE-400 – balanced
Sennheiser PX-100 II
Etymotic ER4P w/custom fit tips
FiiO EX-1

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #56 of 137
Apr 20, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #57 of 137
I look forward to attending the meet on May 27th. My gear list hasn't changed since
our last get together however I have lots of new music including SACDs and Binaural.
some setup space.

Source
FiiO X3v2 8gb w/128gb SD

Amps
Woo Audio 22
FiiO E11 portable

Headphones
Bose QC-25
Denon D7000 - balanced
Sennheiser PX-100 II
FiiO EX-1
Are your Grados modded?

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #58 of 137
some setup space.

Source
FiiO X3v2 8gb w/128gb SD

Amps
Woo Audio 22
FiiO E11 portable

Headphones
Bose QC-25
Denon D7000 - balanced
Sennheiser PX-100 II
FiiO EX-1

Sweet you can make it! Glad to (hopefully) be able to see you again.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #59 of 137
That is awesome Alex.......now it is an official NC Headphone meet.....if we can just work on Danny :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back