Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Dec 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #33 of 733
  I'm excited to announce the 2014 LA/SoCal Regional Head-Fi meet on March 22, 2014 at the Westin South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA!

Saturday, March 22, 2014
9am to 5pm

Westin South Coast Plaza
686 Anton Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Please reply to this thread if you plan on attending. Include a list of equipment that you plan on bringing. The next post in this thread includes the current attendee/vendor/gear list. If you are planning to come and your name is not on the list, please let me know via PM or post in the thread.

Registration

Please visit http://tinyurl.com/LASoCal2014 to complete the online registration form.

$10 Early Bird - until December 31
$15 General Presale
$20 Cash at Door

Admission fee is waived for head-fiers traveling in from out of state for the meet. Please PM me directly.

Name badges will be issued at the registration desk and must be worn at all times during the meet.

Parking
Hotel self parking will be discounted at $10 for the day for attendees. Street parking and other self parking options may be available.

Vendors
We anticipate having an even bigger lineup of vendors this year, please check the thread for the most current vendor status. For vendors interested in table space at the meet, please PM me directly.

Facilities and Power
The event will be held on the second floor of the hotel. If you are bringing gear, please bring power strips and extension cords.

Meet Rules
  1. Please treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
  2. Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
  3. Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
  4. Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
  5. Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own. There is ample space within the hotel, as well as Starbucks/bar/restaurant for food and drink.
  6. Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
  7. Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to vendors and others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
  8. Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
    DO NOT wear hair gel or any cosmetic product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
  9. Please use common sense! To repeat the most important rule: treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.

Setup and Breakdown
Setup starts at 8am. Breakdown is at 5:00pm. 

LOADING/UNLOADING INFORMATION

TBD

Hotel Discounts
Check the travel sites (expedia.com, etc) as well as the Westin's own site for most current hotel pricing. Average weekend rates are $100-$140/night.

I'm IN!!!!

Psyched for this one! LOVED the last SoCal Meet,
and since I'm coming down from Northern Cali this time - I gotta think seriously about e=what to bring!!!!

Dec 16, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #34 of 733
Hey bro,

I don't need any table space. Anything I bring will be hanging around my neck
wink.gif

Also, curious question: Can I remain anonymous? I'm not interested in registering with my real name, city, etc. I prefer to keep my online persona intact, and avoid all association with my real identity. Will that be a problem?

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #35 of 733
  Hey bro,

I don't need any table space. Anything I bring will be hanging around my neck
wink.gif

Also, curious question: Can I remain anonymous? I'm not interested in registering with my real name, city, etc. I prefer to keep my online persona intact, and avoid all association with my real identity. Will that be a problem?

I can't speak for Ethan/@third_eye here - but we usually use our Head-Fi tags on our badges for the Meets.

However, we're a proud tribe here at Head-Fi, and most of us who've been doing this for awhile, well, most of 
the fun is in meeting new people, and hangin' with our crews that we're familiar with already too. Once we get 
to know each other most of us know our real names.

But - like I said: @third_eye is running the show - so that's a call for him!!

I'm still pumped to see the next one going down in March!
Last years LA Meet was a BLAST.
My table was a s***load of fun!!

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #39 of 733

Awesome!!! I would love to hear that HP4, just sayin'
L3000.gif

and I was JUST lookin at it, thinking: Hmmmm, the last time this thing was lent to a manufacturer (who MUST remain un-named) they didn't set it up properly for their headphones!
And I wasn't as pissed as I was upset, because I wanted others to hear what I've been hearing, and, now, @warrenpchi and @weirdfishes too!!

So, for you brotha - I may have to consider how to do this and not TWEAK out my OCD!!
LMAO

Dec 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #41 of 733

You know it!!

Also - I was thinking of bringin' my CEntrance HiFi-M8!
As I brought it on every trip since I got it!! It's KILLER as I get to bring the performance level of a desktop amp with me on the road - 
and it's the only solution thus far that, when I travel, it's all I bring (along w/ my DAPS and laptop of course)

My review at Part-Time Audiophile HERE

Anybody taking one of these?

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #42 of 733

Also - I was thinking of bringin' my CEntrance HiFi-M8!
As I brought it on every trip since I got it!! It's KILLER as I get to bring the performance level of a desktop amp with me on the road - 
and it's the only solution thus far that, when I travel, it's all I bring (along w/ my DAPS and laptop of course)
  Anybody taking one of these?

That does look like a killer portable rig. Can't wait to hear that and the LCD-X!!!

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #44 of 733
I'm in. Sent registration via PayPal. Thanks for organizing.

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #45 of 733
  I'm in. Sent registration via PayPal. Thanks for organizing.

NICE!

I'm IN as well.
Just dropped you the scratch via PayPal as well brother!!

OK - time to think about this!
Callin @warrenpchi and @weirdfishes  - and @morserotonin !!
@third_eye  - Remember this from earlier this year:

thats your killer rig!!  W/ Andre tossin the plusSound sign down.
But hey - those cables were pretty good as I remember right??

and, I sent the big Tranquility Base XL back to Synergistic - supposed
to get the smaller one - but this was fun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back