Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Dec 25, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #62 of 733
  See u guys then, I only have bifrost, vahalla, and hd650. IDK should i bring those low end gear or not.

Is that low end gear?
frown.gif

Now I am sad.  /cry

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #63 of 733
Dec 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #65 of 733
See u guys then, I only have bifrost, vahalla, and hd650. IDK should i bring those low end gear or not.

I'm curious about the Valhalla. I heard its great.

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #66 of 733
I'm curious about the Valhalla. I heard its great.

I think it is... for the HD650, I liked it more than the Lyr when I heard them side by side.

Dec 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #68 of 733
Never have I ever seen such a ball of relentless energy. We're glad to have you on board, Mike!

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #71 of 733
Never have I ever seen such a ball of relentless energy. We're glad to have you on board, Mike!

WOW
Thanks fellas!
I honestly wake up EVERYDAY and speak my gratitude out-loud - for being able to write about this stuff (music and great sounding gear)
and evangelize for a living!!

It took YEARS of paying dues, but it was worth it ALL.

Also:
I'm so grateful to be a part of this community!
I felt like the odd-kid out (and I'm 39 yrs-old, LOL) in the high end audio industry for TOO long!
and the music they play in those hotel rooms at high end shows, sorry, but I'd take water torture over much of it!!

This is a COMMUNITY - and we ALL put in. If only some of my peers in Hi-fi got that simple fact.
I just had an argument with a guy that said our "Headfi industry" is going to benefit "greatly" from the high end
entering into our hobby and making better gear!  LOL

I told him: "we've been here all along without you - and we have TERRIFIC gear (including gear from high end legends like Tim DeParavicini
and others)" "we don't need you." But I said hey, if they wanna contribute - fine!

But don't tell me we NEED them!
That's laughable

All I know is I've had more fun at Head-Fi Meets than I'v EVER had at High end audio shows!!
LOL

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #72 of 733
Hey guys! Couple of quick notes:

1. The $10 Early Bird registration ends on December 31. Make sure to register by the New Year!
2. The registration is not complete until Paypal is processed. If you have already registered for the event, please process Paypal as well!
3. Thanks @mikemercer for posting pics of prior events. Here is the link to last summers event:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/673264/2013-la-regional-meet-impressions-thread

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #73 of 733
  Hey guys! Couple of quick notes:

1. The $10 Early Bird registration ends on December 31. Make sure to register by the New Year!
2. The registration is not complete until Paypal is processed. If you have already registered for the event, please process Paypal as well!
3. Thanks @mikemercer for posting pics of prior events. Here is the link to last summers event:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/673264/2013-la-regional-meet-impressions-thread

ANYTIME brotha!
I'm lookin' for more shots!
I know I've got more!
YO @HiFiGuy528  - where's the video you shot of last years LA Meet?
It might be in the thread @third_eye posted!!

now I just gotta decide on what to bring!
IF I buy this McIntosh D100 DAC/digital pre-amp/headphone amp... well,
its AMAZING ahead of my ALO Studio Six:

I can't wait to hear it w/ the E.A.R HP4!!!!
that might be KILLER to bring
L3000.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #74 of 733
I'll make sure to bring some paper towels for all that drool.

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #75 of 733
Does anyone in W LA need a ride? Transportation is no longer an issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back