Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San Francisco Airport
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #316 of 521

How much is the raffle? I'm hoping to come? How much are tickets?

The Raffle is FREE!!

Full details will be posted soon but the gist of it is that every meet attendee gets a raffle card with all participating exhibitors listed. Meet attendees will need to visit each participating exhibitor's table to get their card "validated". This is usually a product demo, adding email address to mailing list, etc. Once the card is complete, it's returned to the Registration Desk and the raffle will be held at 4pm. This will enable those that arrive later to have enough time to visit all of the exhibitors. Raffle attendees must be present at 4pm to claim their prizes.

Yup, and in that sense it isn't truly a raffle as there is no charge to play, and no one makes any money from it. 
redface.gif
  We should really rename the raffle to something else.

The whole thing is designed to get attendees and exhibitors interacting with each other... trying out gear, giving feedback, that kind of stuff.  In return, exhibitors generously donate prizes.  Basically, if you put in the work, you get an entry, and no one gets more than one entry for better prize distribution. 
smile.gif

Also, I should mention one more thing.  As each winner is drawn, that winner must make a choice as to whether they want to keep the prize, or put their ticket back in the bag to try for something bigger... because once you win/accept, you're out.  Again, better prize distribution. 
smile.gif

And finally, as the meet organizers, and the guys drawing the winning tickets... we are ineligible for the raffle.  Oh well. 
frown.gif

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #319 of 521

And finally, as the meet organizers, and the guys drawing the winning tickets... we are ineligible for the raffle.  Oh well. 
frown.gif

hmmm, not sure i like that rule..
frown.gif

Not wild about it either.  I wasn't eligible for the raffle at T.H.E. Headphonium either, as Mercer and I organized that  Whatever, as long as everyone is happy, it's all good. 
smile.gif

Yeah it's not like you are the kind of guys to cheat but I doubt the rest of the head-fiers would agree if you did win.

I think they might actually be happy for us.  But just to be cool, we're not even gonna go there.  Plus, we're way too busy with the meet to spend time on the treasure hunt anyway.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #320 of 521
Just got a new purchase: You can add a Beyerdynamic T5P to the list. It's modified with a silver ALO Audio signature litz braided cable :wink:... Now if only someone would bring an Ultrasone Signature DJ (and Pro) I could listen to, and of course that guy with the modified T5P that was their last time to compare to mine...

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #321 of 521
  Just got a new purchase: You can add a Beyerdynamic T5P to the list. It's modified with a silver ALO Audio signature litz braided cable :wink:... Now if only someone would bring an Ultrasone Signature DJ (and Pro) I could listen to, and of course that guy with the modified T5P that was their last time to compare to mine...

Oh, nice!!! 

Jul 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #322 of 521
I'm pretty chill. Even if I do win something, I'd be open to trading the other winners, if I got something they want. It all just sounds like so much fun!!!

Jul 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #323 of 521
Just saw this? Any table left?  I can bring

several Audio DNYA Loups DAC/Pre/Amp 
one Audio DNYA Cor Caroli Lite Headphone Amp
DN8 (modified and recabled HD800)
DN12 (modified and recabled K812)

and more.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #324 of 521
Here is my final gear list. Everything looks set. 
  1. Hifiman HE560 (preorder version)
  2. Hifiman HE560 (production version
  3. AMB y2
  4. Schiit Magni
  5. JVC JA-S55 or another integrated
  6. Laptop (bring CDs or USB thumbdrives)

Also, anyone have a 6.5mm to 3.5mm adapter I can borrow? My other integrated amps have 3.5mm output. I really don't want to bring the JVC, it's a last resort... afraid it will break my headphones (some capacitors are leaking).

Looking forward to a great meet!

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #326 of 521
  Just saw this? Any table left?  I can bring

several Audio DNYA Loups DAC/Pre/Amp 
one Audio DNYA Cor Caroli Lite Headphone Amp
DN8 (modified and recabled HD800)
DN12 (modified and recabled K812)

and more.

Yes, PM sent.

Here is my final gear list. Everything looks set. 
  1. Hifiman HE560 (preorder version)
  2. Hifiman HE560 (production version)
  3. Sennheiser HD580 Precision
  4. AMB y2
  5. Schiit Magni
  6. JVC JA-S55 or another integrated
  7. Laptop (bring CDs or USB thumbdrives)

Also, anyone have a 6.5mm to 3.5mm adapter I can borrow? My other integrated amps have 3.5mm output. I really don't want to bring the JVC, it's a last resort... afraid it will break my headphones (some capacitors are leaking).

Looking forward to a great meet!

Awesome, it's gonna rock!!
  Count me in. No table space required.

Got you down!!

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #328 of 521
Still debating whether to bring the SWA built Krell KSA-5 Klone along with the Enigma and the Paradox Slant since the gear is more rare.

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #329 of 521
I'll know by the end of this week whether or not I can make it. 

Are there any tables left? I'll probably only need to share half a table. 

I can bring my Paradox Slants and Enigma paired with an Anedio D2 with the usb drivers. 

Looking forward to this meet! I really hope I can make it!

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #330 of 521
  I'll know by the end of this week whether or not I can make it. 

Are there any tables left? I'll probably only need to share half a table. 

I can bring my Paradox Slants and Enigma paired with an Anedio D2 with the usb drivers. 

Looking forward to this meet! I really hope I can make it!

Yes, I'll put you down for 1/2 table. Hope you can make it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back