Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San Francisco Airport
Jul 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #451 of 521
Cool. My fascination comes as an audio engineer, I went to a lecture by legendary engineers, sat the 2012 aes convention in SF, some of whom worked on it, and Aja too. We're talking George Massenburg, Al Schmitt, Elliot Scheiner. It's my understanding that when an engineer goes into a new studio, they take a copy of Aja and Gaucho to listen to the room with. They're the reference recordings used to do that with. One piece of advice I remember from the lecture. Never use EQ. Learn the Mics you have and use mic positioning as your EQ. That was a fun Lecture :) on the mastering side at a lecture on mfit (mastered for iTunes) they had Bob Ludwig. I was in Heaven :)

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #453 of 521
Just bumped into this thread now, and I'm excited to come over! I'm selling my PS Audio DirectStream DAC so check it out! I won't be around after 12 noon though.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #454 of 521
  I won't be able to make this event, so please re-assign my table space to someone next on the waiting list.

thanks

Bummer, thanks for letting us know!

Just bumped into this thread now, and I'm excited to come over! I'm selling my PS Audio DirectStream DAC so check it out! I won't be around after 12 noon though.

Awesome! I would really like to hear the DS DAC and also compare with the Chord Hugo. Please stop by my table!

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #456 of 521
Just found out that I can stay a little after 12 noon. Woo hoooo!

I don't have a dedicated amp right now, but I'll hook it up with an old stereo amp. Better than no amp. I'll stop by your table third_eye!

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #457 of 521
  Avatar Acoustics (iFi) added to exhibitor list!

Wow, that is a long way to travel! 
smile.gif
  Also... in case you thought I wouldn't catch it...

Congrats on hitting Supremus bro! 
smile.gif
  In honor of this occasion (and per my tradition), I present you with a special achievement:

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #459 of 521
  Just found out that I can stay a little after 12 noon. Woo hoooo!

I don't have a dedicated amp right now, but I'll hook it up with an old stereo amp. Better than no amp. I'll stop by your table third_eye!

gzone, due to unusual circumstances (several mfgs. couldn't make it but did send gear), we have amps up the YING YANG.  Come by third_eye's table to hook it up to any number of amps laying around.  Or come by the tables I'm sharing with baronkatz and try hooking it up to a wide assortment of Schiit (including the Ragnarok).

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #460 of 521
  I need to get me a raffle ticket too.   Some good stuff in the basket.  :)

You're an exhibitor, and hence ineligible.

LOLOLOLOL! 
biggrin.gif

Or lemme put it another way.  If I can't get in on the giveaway, then fo dayum sho you ain't getting in on it.

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #461 of 521

gzone, due to unusual circumstances (several mfgs. couldn't make it but did send gear), we have amps up the YING YANG.  Come by third_eye's table to hook it up to any number of amps laying around.  Or come by the tables I'm sharing with baronkatz and try hooking it up to a wide assortment of Schiit (including the Ragnarok).

This is awesome! Thanks!

I might as well make a list too:
PS Audio DirectStream DAC
Denon AH-D7000
Colorwared Sennheiser HD800 with DIY'd Double Helix cables

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #462 of 521
Anyone have a pair of Ultrasone Signature DJ (and Pro) that they could bring to the meet? I've been meaning to hear those for the past couple of years but still haven't had a chance to...

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #463 of 521
You're an exhibitor, and hence ineligible.

LOLOLOLOL!  :D  

Or lemme put it another way.  If I can't get in on the raffle, then fo dayum sho you ain't getting in on it.

does this mean i cant either?? :p

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #464 of 521
Jul 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #465 of 521
Hey,

I just want to make sure, will the stuff be set up at 8:30? My friends and I can only come during the first half of the meet and it would suck if we come in at 8:30 and everybody is just starting to get set up. I'm assuming the exhibitors arrive much before then to get ready at 8:30 for everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back