Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Aug 6, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #467 of 542
I'd like to come and bring my gear, but will someone explain to me how this works?  I'd like to be able to walk around freely and not babysit my gear.  Should I bring it for half of the time and leave it in the car the other half?  Or just bring one headphone? 

Here's my gear list I'd bring:

Ultrasone Pro 900
Denon D2000
V-Moda M-100 w/ XL pads
Beyerdynamic DT990 32 Ohm
Beyerdynamic DT770 80 Ohm
KRK KNS-8400
Any my favorites:
Monster Inspiration

Plus
JDS Labs cmoy bb 2.03 2x9v
Apogee duet 2 (if it's requested)

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #468 of 542
  Jealous of you guys attending!

Wait, why come you no attend? 
redface.gif
  It'd be great if you could!

Well... didn't hear anyone say it wasn't anything less than an exceptional Head-FI meet (kudos to the folks who run this), so I booked my hotel room and filed my info to attend..now if I can just figure out the right music for that 5+ hour car ride .... See you all there..looking forward to meeting and greeting and some great Head Fi experiences

Thanks for making the long trip down Don!  You won't regret it... though your wallet might. 
wink.gif

Why is LA on fire in the pic, though!?!? Are you lighting it aflame with personal audio goodness?

It's the sun, dude!

Lol, actually, the background for all of the graphics is this "casual summer girl" in a field at sunset...

Y'all know her I'm sure.  She's the one that turned her back on you, after she asked what you were listening to, and you described your gear instead of naming the song. 
blink.gif

Warren,

I finally got confirmation that I will be able to come up on Saturday. That said I can probably handle volunteering for a couple of hours. Only thing being that I won't be making it up there till probably a bit later in the morning (say 11ish) but if you need someone to cover the desk for a couple of hours in the afternoon I don't have a problem with that.

I just need a chance to demo a few pieces like the Vega, the Grace stuff and a pair of HD800... beyond that I'm happy to serve. 

Oh, there will be plenty of time for fun as it's pretty light duty.  You won't need to be there very long.  And truth be told, it's mainly a bunch of us hanging out at the reg desk goofing off.  It gets a little hectic at the very end of the day as people come by with validated giveaway cards.  But other than that, it's very chill.

BTW, you're definitely going to want to check out Ethan's (third_eye's) table.  He's got a Grace m920 + DNA Stratus + HD 800 rig that is pretty pristine sounding.

As far as equipment, if there is still space I can bring:

Auralic Ark MX+
Stello HP100 MkII that isn't fully run in yet, but still.

Yup, there's still space! 
smile.gif

This is in my neighborhood finally!  I will be attending also.. not that I know anyone or anything.

Hey, I didn't know anyone or anything at my first meet either (which was only two years ago, almost to the day I think)... and look at what happened to me! 
tongue.gif
  Good things come to those who meet. 
smile.gif

Honestly don't know anyone that is into headphones or audio outside their iphone earbud combo, so this is super cool!  

Exactly!  It's like coming home because we all "get" you and where you're coming from. 
wink.gif

I'll be coming to the event with my portable rig: Centrance HiFi-M8 + LFF Enigma!

Ooh, that should be pretty good sounding! 
smile.gif
  What's your source?

Hey guys!

Kind of late but letting you guys know that me and my dad are attending this meet.

Vee! 
smile.gif
  I was beginning to think that you wouldn't be able to make it...
frown.gif
  It'll be great hanging out again!

Kind of late, but I'll be attending. I probably won't be bringing anything, but I'll bring my DSLR so I can take pics like the last two SoCal events.

That's perfect!  There can NEVER be too many meet pics, NEVER! 
smile.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #471 of 542
  I'd like to come and bring my gear, but will someone explain to me how this works?  I'd like to be able to walk around freely and not babysit my gear.  Should I bring it for half of the time and leave it in the car the other half?  Or just bring one headphone? 

Ultrasone Pro 900
Denon D2000
V-Moda M-100 w/ XL pads
KRK KNS-8400
Any my favorites:
Monster Inspiration

Plus

We do have space available if you want it. Most of the guys displaying gear would have someone next to them watch over it while they check out the rest of the show. However, it's also totally cool to just come and visit the tables, there will be over 100 (!) listening stations so a LOT of gear to try and take in. Generally, people will bring full rigs if they specifically want other attendees to hear them. In your case and if this is your first meet, you will likely get more out of it by maybe bringing some headphones/music and walking around. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #475 of 542
Cool I'll make sure I look for you at the meet. in the market for a portable rig definitely interested in listening to the fiio x5 and the ibasso dx90

Awesome.. don't forget to bring a micro sd with your "reference" or your favorite music.  If not I have a ton of classic rock/synth pop/new music I'm bringing.

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #478 of 542

Ultrasone Pro 900
Denon D2000
V-Moda M-100 w/ XL pads
KRK KNS-8400
Any my favorites:
Monster Inspiration

Plus

I have a full table at the meet. I can let you use half if you want. Then if you want to step away I'll keep an eye on your goods. I'll be the only guy with Garage1217 amps on display. I shouldnt be hard to spot if you decide to share the table.

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #479 of 542

I have a full table at the meet. I can let you use half if you want. Then if you want to step away I'll keep an eye on your goods. I'll be the only guy with Garage1217 amps on display. I shouldnt be hard to spot if you decide to share the table.

I would take Amish up on this offer! I highly recommend the ability to move around and check things out I've been to meets where all the head-fi regulars sat with their own gear, not listening to anything else. Pretty boring. As a MOT I'm stuck at my own table this year, but I would like all the Head-Fi regulars, even through ones who bring their own equipment, to hear my offerings as well as all the companies exhibiting so as to get a broad taste of what's going on. Please don't get stuck at your own table!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back