Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #481 of 542
is micro sd the format to bring for everyone?  I was going to bring a ipod with some reference material but thats obviously not ideal. I do have regular sized sd cards though.  I dont think I have a micro.

*edit

I do have a 2 gig mini sd card

*edit 2

Actually Im going to bring my sound devices sd 702 and I can go 1/8" out from that.  Some of you guys can hear the headphone amp too. I think its pretty impressive.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #483 of 542
I'm down to come. Clemmaster and I agreed to share a table.

Gear:
HE-6
Audio-gd NFB-7.32
Master-1
Krell FBP-300cx

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #484 of 542
  I'm down to come. Clemmaster and I agreed to share a table.

Gear:
HE-6
Audio-gd NFB-7.32
Master-1
Krell FBP-300cx

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=best+chiropractor&find_loc=Los+Angeles%2C+CA

For afterwards.. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #488 of 542
  I'll be bringing an iFi Micro iDSD if the mail gods are nice to me.

I just got asked about that unit the other day, but have never heard it.  Kinda curious now.

Sigh, it turns out I won't be able to make the LA meet...

Seems like it'll be an amazing meet...Hope everybody has fun! 

frown.gif

frown.gif

frown.gif
  My plans to suck you back into Head-Fi are now in jeopardy.

I have a full table at the meet. I can let you use half if you want. Then if you want to step away I'll keep an eye on your goods. I'll be the only guy with Garage1217 amps on display. I shouldnt be hard to spot if you decide to share the table.

I would take Amish up on this offer! I highly recommend the ability to move around and check things out I've been to meets where all the head-fi regulars sat with their own gear, not listening to anything else. Pretty boring. As a MOT I'm stuck at my own table this year, but I would like all the Head-Fi regulars, even through ones who bring their own equipment, to hear my offerings as well as all the companies exhibiting so as to get a broad taste of what's going on. Please don't get stuck at your own table!

Yeah, because how are you gonna visit the Brilliant Zen table if you're stuck at your own table all day? 
wink.gif

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

is micro sd the format to bring for everyone?  I was going to bring a ipod with some reference material but thats obviously not ideal. I do have regular sized sd cards though.  I dont think I have a micro.

*edit

I do have a 2 gig mini sd card

*edit 2

Actually Im going to bring my sound devices sd 702 and I can go 1/8" out from that.  Some of you guys can hear the headphone amp too. I think its pretty impressive.

Am I the only one that thinks this can be solved by a micro-SD-to-full-SD adapter?  I should have one of those laying around if you need it. 
smile.gif
  That said, I would definitely advise micro SD... which is a lot easier to shove into DAPs.

2 more days to go!! This is gonna be a fun one. We will be opening up the impressions thread early on Saturday morning so people can start posting pics and impressions right away!

gs1000.gif

Yup, the thread has already been created.  It's just hiding right now. 
redface.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #489 of 542
I think I would need a full sd to micro sd adapter...  If these things dont take normal sized sd then I think I'm hosed.  However if the amps have a 1/8" input or the ability to gender bend to that I will use my sd 702 and the converters on that are GOOD.  Not in the market for converters anyhow.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #490 of 542
  I think I would need a full sd to micro sd adapter...

I've seen it done, though it's not pretty.  Unfortunately, I don't have one of those. 
frown.gif
  No worries though, we'll just wing it and have fun! 
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #491 of 542

frown.gif

frown.gif

frown.gif

Uhm...

Since CAS from last year, I've bought the Paradox Slants and Enigmas. 

Since the SF meet, I've been looking into the HD800, bought a set of Wywires Red, and am looking into upgrading my Vali into a Lyr 2....

I'd say your plans aren't even remotely close to being in jeopardy. 
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah! I need to start looking into a portable solution again after Noble 4s.....

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #492 of 542
Don't forget to meet Jude at the meet

For those of you who have not met him, or who are new to the hobby, don't forget to stop by and meet Jude.  He's coming in all the way from Head-Fi H.Q. to join us for our little meet. 
smile.gif
  Say hello, ask him questions, and just generally make a new friend.  If you don't know what he looks like, the following pics show what he might look like in a wide range of scenarios:

frown.gif

frown.gif

frown.gif

Uhm...

Since CAS from last year, I've bought the Paradox Slants and Enigmas. 

Since the SF meet, I've been looking into the HD800, bought a set of Wywires Red, and am looking into upgrading my Vali into a Lyr 2....

I'd say your plans aren't even remotely close to being in jeopardy. 
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah! I need to start looking into a portable solution again after Noble 4s.....

Okay, then I declare victory!  Still, would have been nice to hang out with you again. 
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #494 of 542
A friend and I are last-minute attendees.  We're staying at the Warner Center Marriott, and will be there for the morning of the meet (we have to head out by 1pm or so).  Are there plans for any Fri night listening sessions?  We'll be there Fri probably around 10pm, if people are still up doing some pre-meet listening.  It would be great if people could post here what rooms they are listening in at what times, and maybe we can stop by.

I'll bring and be listening when possible through:
- iPod Classic
- Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo
- ALO Continental v2
- JH13
- Grado Headphile Woodied HF-1 (these are for sale).  

My friend is bringing:
- Focal Spirit Pros

Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back