Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Aug 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #422 of 542

Looking for some encouragement to make the long trip from the Phoenix area to see what the folks in SoCal do to make a "newbie" welcome

I would like to bring my IBasso DX50 and PSB M4U2headphones so that I can make some reasonable judgements about what I am seeing and hearing

THanks for any good words and also.. where are the close good places to stay

Don J

Definitely come, you will have an amazing time!!! There are quite a few folks staying at the hotel both Friday and Saturday night so in addition to the main event on Saturday, we will be doing dinner, drinks and impromptu listening sessions on Friday night. And of course, we're doing the big Birthday Party for Warren on Saturday night. It will be an awesome weekend!!!!

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #423 of 542
OK, I'm definitely in (we're not leaving for the UK until Labor Day weekend).

Assuming that all the gear that's out on loan makes it home by Friday, I will be hosting a very big very small shootout at my table: Geek Out 450 vs. Herus vs. Nano iDSD.  I should also have my Aedle VK-1s with me, so Warren or Ethan, please update the gear list accordingly (and be sure to come by -- trust me, you want to hear the Aedles).

Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #425 of 542
  OK, I'm definitely in (we're not leaving for the UK until Labor Day weekend).

Assuming that all the gear that's out on loan makes it home by Friday, I will be hosting a very big very small shootout at my table: Geek Out 450 vs. Herus vs. Nano iDSD.  I should also have my Aedle VK-1s with me, so Warren or Ethan, please update the gear list accordingly (and be sure to come by -- trust me, you want to hear the Aedles).

Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Cool! I updated the list and will for sure stop by to hear those VK-1's!

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #427 of 542
The 2014 meet shirts are now available for purchase at http://tee-design.org/head-fi/head-fi-2014-los-angeles-summer-meet-tee. Orders placed within the next few days will almost certainly be available for pickup at the meet; even if you missed today's deadline, rest assured that you can still bring a shirt home from the meet. In addition to helping cover meet costs, your purchases will be used to provide funding for two worthy 501c3 causes, the clothing of the homeless (tee-design), and the furnishing of cochlear implants for children. 

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #428 of 542
Here is what we will be bringing:

Headphones: HD650, HD800, HE-400, LCD-2
Amps: WA7, Cloud Nine (multiple)
Various IEM, Headphone, and Interconnect cables

We will be offering a 20% OFF + NO SALES TAX special on all demos at the meet and giving out exclusive code for use to order online.

Also, we are giving away a pair of cables for the raffle consisting of ONE 6” mini to mini and ONE 1’ female to mini extension cable using cryo treated plugs and new type 6 litz wires. ($200 Value).

See you all on Saturday!

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Aug 4, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #429 of 542
Here is what we will be bringing:

Headphones: HD650, HD800, HE-400, LCD-2
Amps: WA7, Cloud Nine (multiple)
Various IEM, Headphone, and Interconnect cables

We will be offering a 20% OFF + NO SALES TAX special on all demos at the meet and giving out exclusive code for use to order online.

Also, we are giving away a pair of cables for the raffle consisting of ONE 6” mini to mini and ONE 1’ female to mini extension cable using cryo treated plugs and new type 6 litz wires. ($200 Value).

See you all on Saturday!

Awesome. I'll be sure to stop by. I had planned to order some things this week. Perfect timing.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #431 of 542
  Electrostatics

Thats what I said.

And you cant prove otherwise.
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #433 of 542
Quick question I noticed a lot of CIEMs on the gear list is that just what people are bringing or are they planning to demo them?  I ask because I am unsure of how you demo a CIEM.

Companies who make them and show up at the meets have universal versions for people to listen.

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #434 of 542
Companies who make them and show up at the meets have universal versions for people to listen.

They bring CIEMS with tips so you can listen to them

Also I love your avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back