Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Jul 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #242 of 542
Yes. Looking forward to trying that. Any chance of bringing a Polaris? Those are the two I want to compare before picking up a kit. Thanks for bringing the ember.
Read the impressions from the SF meet and I was really hoping to get a chance to listen to your AMB gear and that torpedo. Stoked that you'll be there.

Stop by and say hi.
beerchug.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #246 of 542
What that sucks my thoughts go out to them

Yeah, totally right? 
frown.gif
  And, as these things usually do, it came suddenly.

I'd humbly request a table next to Mr. Purrin. I'll spend most of my time there anyway
cool.gif

Do you think you guys might need three tables collectively?  Multiple single tables are easy, but contiguous tables need to be planned for. 
smile.gif

Is this as close to San Diego as a Head-Fi meet gets?

Well, this is the one you won't want to miss....let's just put it that way. The next big SoCal event will be Spring, 2015.

Yup, what third_eye said.  To elaborate though, it's worth noting that there are San Diego meets.  The last one was November of last year, and I imagine there'll be another one this year.  I didn't get to go, but from the impressions I think everyone had a good time.
smile.gif
  Still, if you're looking for a hybrid show/meet on a large scale, the upcoming L.A. meet is pretty much it.

...Love to hear your impressions after you do.  Hey, wouldn't it be cool if your birthday was during the meet?  And we all went out together? 
tongue.gif
  I know, me = lucky person. 
biggrin.gif

It would have been cool if my birthday was during the meet, but it was yesterday.  At least I had a nice surprise birthday party at my mother's house for me after I was done with a masters class I took.  The classmates at Buffalo Wild Wings (went before class started) didn't pay my bill though. haha 
tongue_smile.gif
frown.gif

LOL, of course not, they are starving students!  But time shared is just as precious, so still
beerchug.gif

Really sorry to hear about Jason's dad. Jason's a class act, and the company's many merits speaks to his ethos and expertise.

Amen brotha, amen. 
redface.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #247 of 542
LOL, of course not, they are starving students!  But time shared is just as precious, so still
beerchug.gif

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding.  However, these classmates are a little older (some are a lot older) than your average college classmates since some have traveled the world, worked in the real world before pursing this type of masters degree, and some are still working while they are in this program.  That said, I don't mind if they together put a few bucks on their credit card for moi...haha. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Just kidding...

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #248 of 542
Almost missed this one, again...
Will attend, of course.

I might need a table this time, unless @ohhgourami or @purrin want to share some real estate, like last time.
In any case, need to be close to the Master-7 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Should be bringing the following:
Amps Lavardin IS Reference, Audio-gd SA-31SE
DACs Chord quteHD + LPSU, Chord Hugo
H-Ps Hifiman HE-560, Hifiman HE-6

Jul 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #249 of 542
  Almost missed this one, again...
Will attend, of course.

I might need a table this time, unless @ohhgourami or @purrin want to share some real estate, like last time.
In any case, need to be close to the Master-7 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Should be bringing the following:
Amps Lavardin IS Reference, Audio-gd SA-31SE
DACs Chord quteHD + LPSU, Chord Hugo
H-Ps Hifiman HE-560, Hifiman HE-6

Hmm, looks like you, purrin and OJNeg will need a three or four table complex depending on what ends up making it to the meet, and how much room you'll need to spread out.  Does that sound about right?

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #250 of 542

Hmm, looks like you, purrin and OJNeg will need a three or four table complex depending on what ends up making it to the meet, and how much room you'll need to spread out.  Does that sound about right?

Let's count 1 table for me also, even though I would probably not use all of it (the lavardin and SA-31 amps side by side should not take more than half a table. Need space for the laptop next to them, though).

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #252 of 542
Yes. Looking forward to trying that. Any chance of bringing a Polaris? Those are the two I want to compare before picking up a kit. Thanks for bringing the ember.

Yes I should be able to bring the Polaris as well. That is the amp I was leaning towards considering it's their latest.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #253 of 542

Yes I should be able to bring the Polaris as well. That is the amp I was leaning towards considering it's their latest.

Great to hear, thank you for bringing them.
Now I just have to set the Polaris and Ember up side by side, and somehow convince the Hifiman table to let me walk away with the HE-400i to do a comparison. 
biggrin.gif

@warrenpchi I just though of a way to add a few more raffle winners. Since we will be celebrating your belated birthday, you deserve the celebratory slaps to your backside. One to commemorate each year you've been alive. Divide them up into groups of 10 or so and that'll add a few extra winners. Who wouldn't want to win the chance to cause you a little pain and embarrassment (pun intended)...I mean celebrate your happy day? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #254 of 542

@warrenpchi I just though of a way to add a few more raffle winners. Since we will be celebrating your belated birthday, you deserve the celebratory slaps to your backside. One to commemorate each year you've been alive. Divide them up into groups of 10 or so and that'll add a few extra winners. Who wouldn't want to win the chance to cause you a little pain and embarrassment (pun intended)...I mean celebrate your happy day? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh, heck yeah. I like this idea! 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back