Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Jul 22, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #211 of 542
I can't wait to meet all of y'all!  The headphone/earphone/audio stuff auditioning will just be a bonus! 
beerchug.gif
 (root beer in my glass)

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #212 of 542

Let me guess... TGI Fridays. :)

lol!

Actually, this place might work out better..

http://therack.us/

That's where we went with Jude last year for the pre-meet dinner.  Had a great time!  It can be a little loud in full party mode (e.g. Saturday night) but it has a very "good time" atmosphere.

OPPO added to exhibitor list!

Ooh, cool!  I have a feeling that they are going to like this meet.  :)

I plan on being there. After the last two AMAZING meets, how could I miss one?

you KNOW I'm IN!!!!

After missing our Meet last time cuz Alexandra was sick,
I will NOT be denied!

PLUS - it's @warrenpchi's Birthday Meet!

and I'll be coming back from Maryland on Aug 6th!
But I'm still coming down!!!!

Yeah baby,,,

Yeah, you better make it this time!  The last meet was EPIC!

I can't wait to meet all of y'all!  The headphone/earphone/audio stuff auditioning will just be a bonus! 
beerchug.gif
 (root beer in my glass)

Ditto dude, ditto!

BTW, small reminder, member tables are still available (and always free)! 
smile.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #213 of 542

That's where we went with Jude last year for the pre-meet dinner.  Had a great time!  It can be a little loud in full party mode (e.g. Saturday night) but it has a very "good time" atmosphere.

Ooh, cool!  I have a feeling that they are going to like this meet.  :)

Ditto dude, ditto!

BTW, small reminder, member tables are still available (and always free)! 
smile.gif

OH - I'll be there!

I'll be too beat to bring a desktop rig - but I'll definitely bring a couple of cool portable rigs!

Maybe the AK240 running balanced and Audeze LCD-2 w/ Fazor (via Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite balanced)
Plus the Glove Audio by CEntrance A1 DAC/Amp for AK120 & AK100 running balanced w/ Audeze LCD-X or LCD-XC! (also running Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite balanced)
Judging by the amazing reaction to it at the San Francisco Meet - the Glove is going to be a HIT!!!!

Is Jude coming out for this one??

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #214 of 542
you KNOW I'm IN!!!!

After missing our Meet last time cuz Alexandra was sick,
I will NOT be denied!

PLUS - it's @warrenpchi
's Birthday Meet!

and I'll be coming back from Maryland on Aug 6th!
But I'm still coming down!!!!

Yeah baby,,,

The lengths we are willing to go. I'm with you. Going to make it - Hell or high water.

Parents flying in from the East coast to see their grandchildren?
Anniversary falling on the same weekend as the meet?
In-laws coming to stay on the same weekend for Disneyland?

Todo abajo control. After some epic rescheduling/persuading and a teaspoon of finagling, I feel like I've made the impossible possible.

I really enjoy these meets.
Big thanks to third_eye,warrenpchi, the vendors and attendees for making these feel like a big kids Christmas.

Anyone on the fence about coming because it's your first time, come on down. You will be glad you did.

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #215 of 542

OH - I'll be there!

I'll be too beat to bring a desktop rig - but I'll definitely bring a couple of cool portable rigs!

I still have to work the reg desk, but I might bring the Mytek + WA7 + WA7tp + LCD-X rig I've been enjoying, with Nordost and WyWires cabling throughout.  If Jude can make it, I'll feel fine leaving it unattended all day, as he and I always share a table.  There's some magic in that rig, very even keeled with abundant detail, and also reasonably affordable considering the SQ.

Is Jude coming out for this one??

As of this moment, 95% yes. 
smile.gif

The lengths we are willing to go. I'm with you. Going to make it - Hell or high water.

Todo abajo control. After some epic rescheduling/persuading and a teaspoon of finagling, I feel like I've made the impossible possible.

Wow! 
blink.gif
  Bravo dude, bravo!  We're adding a few more fun things for the meet.  Stay tuned for updates! 
wink.gif

Big thanks to @third_eye,@warrenpchi, the vendors and attendees for making these feel like a big kids Christmas.

Then you're going to love the 2-day meets we have planned for next year! 
eek.gif

smile.gif
  Because one day never seems like it's enough time.  Plus, let's be honest, a lot of the fun happens in during the hours surrounding the meet (both before and after).

Anyone on the fence about coming because it's your first time, come on down. You will be glad you did.

Seriously right?!  It's so hard to explain this to first timers, but once you've gone to a meet, it stays with you.  It's just plain unadulterated fun! 
smile.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #216 of 542
Is anyone as excited as me to audition the schiit Yggdrasil? it's going to be my first r2r dac and it's one of the few truly modern r2r dacs (the other being the davinci dac and that's 10 times the cost) the only other r2r dacs that come to mind are the audio gd master 7, hm 801, (both use the pcm1704) the Tera dap, and the amr dac (both use an ancient Phillips nos r2r dac, not sure if it's the same one). The Yggdrasil might be in my price range and what better place to try it out than it the same room as some of the best delta-sigma dacs and top of the line amps and head phones.

I really hope schiit is able to bring it. Very excited.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #217 of 542
Is anyone as excited as me to audition the schiit Yggdrasil? it's going to be my first r2r dac and it's one of the few truly modern r2r dacs (the other being the davinci dac and that's 10 times the cost) the only other r2r dacs that come to mind are the audio gd master 7, hm 801, (both use the pcm1704) the Tera dap, and the amr dac (both use an ancient Phillips nos r2r dac, not sure if it's the same one). The Yggdrasil might be in my price range and what better place to try it out than it the same room as some of the best delta-sigma dacs and top of the line amps and head phones.

I really hope schiit is able to bring it. Very excited.

Never heard of it until you mentioned it, but would love to hear it, that's for sure.  I'm very interested in checking out the Chord Hugo, as that may be right up my alley to pair with my Shure SE846's.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #219 of 542
I hope the Yggy makes it. The Hugo will def be there and is some great schiit!

I'm salivating waiting to audition the Hugo.  Or maybe it could be because my birthday shindig is in a little over an hour with my cohort masters classmates at Buffalo Wild Wings.  Hopefully they will pick up my bill! 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #221 of 542
Never heard of it until you mentioned it, but would love to hear it, that's for sure.  I'm very interested in checking out the Chord Hugo, as that may be right up my alley to pair with my Shure SE846's.

The Hugo is the other dac I'm aching to try almost bought it a couple of times (luckily, or not, lack of funds prevented me). Both dacs take unique implementations for there product. The ygg. Is a complete bespoke r2r dac (no info on what's inside) the Hugo is a customized fpga delta sigma dac. No off the shell dacs inside. Can't wait to sample both. Also aching to try the cavalli liquid gold (out of my price range and have no headphones) doesnt mean I can't admire

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #222 of 542

Big thanks to third_eye,warrenpchi, the vendors and attendees for making these feel like a big kids Christmas.

One would wonder how you get up in the morning.

Then you're going to love the 2-day meets we have planned for next year!  :eek:   :smile:   Because one day never seems like it's enough time.  Plus, let's be honest, a lot of the fun happens in during the hours surrounding the meet (both before and after).

So the cat's out of the bag now.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #224 of 542
Okay I registered for this. Looking forward to meeting everyone and also checking out all the cool gear.

I will be bringing some equipment (that will most likely get ignored with all the truly awesome kit that will be on hand) but figured someone might like to check out the Garage1217 Ember amp.

I have a question; is there any other Garage1217 amp that anyone would like to check out? Along with the Ember I can bring one other Garage1217 amp (anything in their current line up).

Let me know.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back