Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014
Feb 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #392 of 431
  My good friends.
I am not going to make the meet tomorrow.

As I wrote earlier, a week ago I awoke with severe ISSNHL (idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss) in my left ear. At first the vertigo, nausea and tinnitus were all pretty severe... along with radical loss of hearing.
After 6 days of Prednisone and a cortisone injection... through my eardrum, into my middle ear (transtympanic injection)... I have lost the vertigo, but the hearing loss is still nearly total, and the tinnitus (and sound distortion) is massive.

So while I'd love to see everyone, and will greatly miss being at the event, I would find it too difficult and frustrating. I wouldn't be able to test any of the amazing equipment you all are bringing, and noise - talking - sounds are all too painful, even with earplugs.

I'll be thinking of you all, and what a great time you're having. I want to see lots of pics, and great reviews!!!
Good luck to all on the great raffle and door prizes!!

See you next time!

L3000.gif

This is terrible news Shane - I hope you can recover okay.  Please keep me informed of your progress in the future.

I have those recent Vinyl wav rips, and I'll have them loaded on my laptop at the meet, so at least a small part of you will be present tomorrow. :)

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #393 of 431
Well crap,

I'm not going to make it tomorrow. A last minute schedule change at work has me tied up. I need my sleep before another 12-hour shift tomorrow.

Sorry all, hope you guys have a great time!!! I'll have to make the next meet.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #394 of 431
Announcement

Remember to bring:
  1. If you have table space, remember to bring power strips/surge protectors and extension cords!
  2. CDs and USB drives with your favorite music!

Baronkatz:
  1. We've been trying to fit everyone who wants to bring gear. If you're okay using your table all day except for 12-2 for the audiologist, we have half a table left.

Things to remember for everyone:
  1. Enjoy yourself!
  2. Listen to something aspirational! One thing that's great about these meets is getting a chance to hear the next 10 steps up the chain. 
  3. Take notes even if it's just on your phone or tablet. You'll forget a bunch of what you've heard and you'll appreciate being able to review later on. 
  4. Post to the meet impressions thread after you get home! Other meet impression threads have been pretty sparse, it's great for the community to get post-meet feedback on gear.
  5. Be respectful of everyone's gear. There are some AMAZING rigs out there including many that have been crafted with a lot of care and skill (see a picture of Frank's rig below)

Lastly, anyone has an extra coax cable for CEE TEE, we could use it!

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #396 of 431
Feb 16, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #397 of 431
I'll be attending, first time to one of these. Any protocol etc? I'll just bring my MA-900's and Amperiors for now..:)

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #398 of 431

Baronkatz:
  1. We've been trying to fit everyone who wants to bring gear. If you're okay using your table all day except for 12-2 for the audiologist, we have half a table left.

That sounds good. I'm new to this and this will by my first meet. I think what I might do is just walk around the tables from say 11-2 to hear everyones headphones and then from 2-4 exhibit my own gear at the table after the Audiologist has left for everyone to hear. That sound good? Thank you and see you tomorrow! I should be there around 11am or so.

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #399 of 431
It's a 50-minute drive from UCB, so I'm definitely coming. :D I can bring my O2 and ODAC. My HE-400s broke a few days ago, and their right speaker is almost about to fall off; nonetheless, I'll still bring them. Also, it will be my first time at a head-fi meet, so I am super excited! I look forward to listening to some of the headphones under $1.5k and hopefully choosing my next upgrade! :)

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #404 of 431
Was able to skip my la trip.

Anyone need a ride from bart/train station in millbrae, burlingame? Heading out in a 20-30 min. Pm me your number and I'll call you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back