Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014
Feb 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #376 of 431
For those keen on sampling the Omegas, I'd recommend bringing a SD card loaded up with some ALAC or high-bitrate MP3s of your choice. Besides that, something with USB/optical output might work as well -- can't guarantee playback of any other formats on the machine I'm bringing.

I'll have a few ALACs loaded up but it'll be mostly newer stuff like alternative rock, trip-hop, nu jazz, maybe more. It'll be a very small collection and will not suit everyone's tastes. 
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #377 of 431

BTW, anybody interested in doing some blind ABA listening? I can setup to ABA usb cables, PSU(switching vs linear) or even systems. I consider it the best way to find one's own need.

Love the idea!  

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #380 of 431
My good friends.
I am not going to make the meet tomorrow.

As I wrote earlier, a week ago I awoke with severe ISSNHL (idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss) in my left ear. At first the vertigo, nausea and tinnitus were all pretty severe... along with radical loss of hearing.
After 6 days of Prednisone and a cortisone injection... through my eardrum, into my middle ear (transtympanic injection)... I have lost the vertigo, but the hearing loss is still nearly total, and the tinnitus (and sound distortion) is massive.

So while I'd love to see everyone, and will greatly miss being at the event, I would find it too difficult and frustrating. I wouldn't be able to test any of the amazing equipment you all are bringing, and noise - talking - sounds are all too painful, even with earplugs.

I'll be thinking of you all, and what a great time you're having. I want to see lots of pics, and great reviews!!!
Good luck to all on the great raffle and door prizes!!

See you next time!

L3000.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #381 of 431
^ I hope you'll get better soon.  Take care.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #382 of 431
Wow, sorry to hear that, Shane. Was hoping to talk wtih you
frown.gif
 Get well soon, man.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #383 of 431
I still haven't heard if there is a table free and it's already tomorrow. Again I will be bringing the following:

Headphones:

Audio Technica ESW9s and ES10s
Beyerdynamic T770 Pros 32ohm Limited Editions (with both velour and stock pads)
Denon AH-D950 (Might bring the AH-D750s if someone can help me repair those they can have a listen)
Ultrason Edition 8s

Dac/Amp/Sources:

Centerance Dacport
Sony Vaio Z3
Nokia N9
iPod 4G

I could also bring the following if anyone is interested: Bang and Olufsen Beosound 2, B&O A8 earphones, iPod classic, Nokia N900...

Let me know if there is a free table, I should only need a half table probably? How safe are these meets in terms of people snatching stuff?

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #385 of 431
Sorry for the last minute request from folks who are attending the meet - I'm having my stock HD800 cable modified and it unfortunately didn't arrive in time for the meet.  Would anybody happen to have a spare stock vs aftermarket HD800 cable for me to use during the meet? 

If not no biggie - Feel free to bring your own headphones to test out my Bifrost & Cavalli EHHA Rev. A

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #386 of 431
  My good friends.
I am not going to make the meet tomorrow.

As I wrote earlier, a week ago I awoke with severe ISSNHL (idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss) in my left ear. At first the vertigo, nausea and tinnitus were all pretty severe... along with radical loss of hearing.
After 6 days of Prednisone and a cortisone injection... through my eardrum, into my middle ear (transtympanic injection)... I have lost the vertigo, but the hearing loss is still nearly total, and the tinnitus (and sound distortion) is massive.

So while I'd love to see everyone, and will greatly miss being at the event, I would find it too difficult and frustrating. I wouldn't be able to test any of the amazing equipment you all are bringing, and noise - talking - sounds are all too painful, even with earplugs.

I'll be thinking of you all, and what a great time you're having. I want to see lots of pics, and great reviews!!!
Good luck to all on the great raffle and door prizes!!

See you next time!

L3000.gif

So sorry to learn of your condition.  Just goggled it.  I didn't realize it was so severe.  I wish you a full and speedy recovery and I hope you can make it next year.

Take care

Sorry for the last minute request from folks who are attending the meet - I'm having my stock HD800 cable modified and it unfortunately didn't arrive in time for the meet.  Would anybody happen to have a spare stock vs aftermarket HD800 cable for me to use during the meet? 

If not no biggie - Feel free to bring your own headphones to test out my Bifrost & Cavalli EHHA Rev. A

I have you covered.  I just found my stock HD800 cable and will bring it to the meet.  Stop by my table in Salon 4 to pick it up.

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #388 of 431
Not sure if I can share a table with someone, but I might bring some gear, just in case.  If I can't, no biggie.  I will bring my LCD-XCs and TH900s regardless.  If I can get some table space, I will share my new EC 2A3 MkIV.

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #390 of 431
Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know that I plan to attend tomorrow's Meet too. I live in Michigan most of the year but have been lucky enough to be spending this winter in Sunnyvale, CA; only a short distance from the Meet. I'm also not normally a headphone guy. But, it seems that no matter how hard I try, or how much I spend, assembling a great sounding speaker-based audio system has eluded me. So, I'm going to change my focus and see if I have more success assembling a great sounding headphone system. Having an opportunity to audition all these great systems will really be helpful to me.

Thanks very much.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back