OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Feb 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #451 of 473
I have a request for the meet. I would love to hear the Ray Samuels Predator and iBasso P4, if anyone has these amps. After reading a bunch of reviews, these two amps are at the top of my wishlist for portable amps. If you are coming to the meet and have these amps, please bring them! Thank you!

Wow, the meet is tomorrow. I'm getting pretty excited about going! My wife needs the car in the morning, so I probably won't be there until after 12:30.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #452 of 473
I might arrive at or a bit after 8AM, is that OK?

Been packing stuff up, first meet so I didn't realize how hard it is to get the stuff mobile.  My hat is off to those guys that exhibit on a regular basis.  The audio shows must be a massive endeavor with huge equipment if it is this much effort for a few components.

Carl

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #453 of 473
Totally okay, the 7:30am is just a luxury since it also takes time to load in and get set-up...
Quote:

Been packing stuff up, first meet so I didn't realize how hard it is to get the stuff mobile.  My hat is off to those guys that exhibit on a regular basis.  The audio shows must be a massive endeavor with huge equipment if it is this much effort for a few components.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #454 of 473
I've got a newbie question for someone that was there last year.  Does Schitt bring stock with them for sale or is this show more to sample their items and then you order online later?    Also, not just for Schitt, but do the dealers in general take credit cards or should I bring cash?   I'll bring some cash anyway, but I didn't know if I need to bring $10k instead of the usual $5k a player like me usually rolls with...LOL. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #457 of 473
I'll be there
It's less then 20 minutes from where I live.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #458 of 473

Quote:
I've got a newbie question for someone that was there last year.  Does Schitt bring stock with them for sale or is this show more to sample their items and then you order online later?    Also, not just for Schitt, but do the dealers in general take credit cards or should I bring cash?   I'll bring some cash anyway, but I didn't know if I need to bring $10k instead of the usual $5k a player like me usually rolls with...LOL. 

Last year no one that I know of was really selling directly there.  The only exception might have been the audiologist.  UE picked up the tab (and kept the impressions) if you signed up to buy their customs.  They took down your contact info and the rest of the transaction took place the following week.  If you just wanted the impressions to send off to someone else, there was a fee.  I forgot what it was but it was right in the ballpark of any other audiologist.

Others vendors had coupon codes to order from their website.  But generally this wasn't the place to buy stuff.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #460 of 473

Quote:
Last year no one that I know of was really selling directly there.  The only exception might have been the audiologist.  UE picked up the tab (and kept the impressions) if you signed up to buy their customs.  They took down your contact info and the rest of the transaction took place the following week.  If you just wanted the impressions to send off to someone else, there was a fee.  I forgot what it was but it was right in the ballpark of any other audiologist.

Others vendors had coupon codes to order from their website.  But generally this wasn't the place to buy stuff.

Right.  I heard the Lyr at the Bay Area Meet last year and ordered one from the Schitt web site when I got home.  Almost as good as buying on site.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #462 of 473

Last year if you wanted an extra set of impressions it was $50, IIRC. The audiologist wasn't' set up to take CC payment, but I gave her my card number and it all worked out. I'd bring cash or a check if you're planning to get additional impressions.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #463 of 473

Quote:

Carl

Totally. My first meet as well. I'm packed too and my neighbors think I'm moving out. And I thought packing 4 boxes would be easy peasy. How do I fit an elephant in a matchbox? An elephant wearing 3 headphones that is.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #465 of 473
Done. Now I will have to take these down 6 flights of stairs. There is no elevator in my building.
Labor of Love!
See y'all tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back