OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Feb 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #421 of 473
Feb 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #423 of 473

Quote:
V-MODA WILL BE IN THE HOUSE!!!  Can't wait, any requests?!

-v

What a lovely woman, exquisite setting and nicely lit photo. I am just a bit puzzled, though. Is she looking for the headphone jack on the piano?

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #424 of 473
Do meets usually have an area for people to sell/trade used gear?  I'm thinking of selling my Grados and would just prefer to transact in person.

Not sure if this is inappropriate to ask for an event like this, so please disregard if this is a faux pas :)

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #425 of 473
CEE TEE: Unfortunately I must withdraw last minute.  I am working on a short film project, and there are deadlines, and I haven't been able to work on it at all this week so I really must spend my Saturday with it.

This makes me sad because I really wanted to hear all the new HifiMan headphones and the new amp :frowning2:

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #426 of 473

Quote:
CEE TEE: Unfortunately I must withdraw last minute.  I am working on a short film project, and there are deadlines, and I haven't been able to work on it at all this week so I really must spend my Saturday with it.

This makes me sad because I really wanted to hear all the new HifiMan headphones and the new amp :frowning2:

triportsad.gif

Good luck with your project.

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #427 of 473
Welll looks like all my gear has arrived safely and will be waiting for me at the meet location thanks to a friend.

Was only able to ship my electrostat amp and headphones down. Shame i couldn't send my source as well. But i have been generously allowed to borrow a Cambridge DAC Magic and Macbook Pro to run the rig with. 

Looking forward to the meet. :)

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #429 of 473
Hi @Elysian...I think it would be fine.  A great way for someone to try them ON ANY POSSIBLE set-up and buy them from you with confidence if you ask me!

Quote:
Do meets usually have an area for people to sell/trade used gear?  I'm thinking of selling my Grados and would just prefer to transact in person.

Not sure if this is inappropriate to ask for an event like this, so please disregard if this is a faux pas :)

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #431 of 473
@gogators:  are any of @rhythmdevils pads that he is selling K240?  (@rhythmdevils is cleaning some house and getting some help from @gogators.)

Quote:
On that note... anyone with K240 pads in new(ish) condition they'd like to part with?

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #433 of 473
Hi I was just wondering, can I bring some friends who are interested.  I told them about it and they are interested in going.  Do they have to register and sign up and post on here.  There is like 4 or 5 that want to go.  and some of them might not come as early as 9 am, would that be all right.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #434 of 473
^Hi @RzN036...sure, you can come and bring some friends.  Don't have to come right at 9am.  Day flies by though- wait until you see all the gear and start to meet some cool people.

They don't have to sign up to Head-Fi right away, but we would appreciate it if your friends took a few minutes to look at the beginning posts in this thread and they can check out the link to the 2011 meet impressions thread to see pics and get a good sense of what it will look like.  

(There is a great post on meet etiquette that could save you explaining things to them and make things easier.)

Could you send your friends the link to this thread?  Thanks! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #435 of 473

Quote:

I have sold my K701s at the Bay Area meet last year and nobody objected
smily_headphones1.gif
. I just left them on my table with a price tag next to them. If you don't have one assigned, feel free to drop your Grados at my table (#18 quiet room)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back