OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Feb 1, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #301 of 473

Quote:
^Will be nice to meet you, @Grahame.

Last year we did hit triple digits, but not with the list!

(If we get to 99 on the list, @aamefford is not allowed to bow out again 
tongue.gif
.)

LOL!  Compressor that we are overhauling shows up tomorrow.  If we make the 10 day window, I'll make it.  If not, I'll be chained to the thing until we get it shipped back out.  I'm not optomistic - we are burried at the shop (at least we are busy).  I think I'll spend the next two weeks making apologies to my customer...  Maybe someone could facetime me and carry their phone around.  I'll sort of be there then!

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #302 of 473
Before you go through the trouble of getting a projector system you might want to get a head count of people that would definitely be interested in watching the DIY workshop.  I know there was a similar workshop at a past large meet (I think one of the CanJams) that ended up having almost nobody watching come meet time.  I hope I'm wrong though and there are lots of people interested in DIY since it's super cool. :)

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #306 of 473
Hi Bay Area Meet!

Some sound advice from @n3rdling (couldn't help myself)...before we get set on an audio/visual DIY Demo- how many people are interested??

(A few of us have been working to make this happen but it would be good to know how many people would take 30-45 minutes to get some guidance and a tutorial from our esteemed Doc B.)

Please chime in here or send me a PM so I can get a DIY Demo interest check together!!

Quote:
Before you go through the trouble of getting a projector system you might want to get a head count of people that would definitely be interested in watching the DIY workshop.  I know there was a similar workshop at a past large meet (I think one of the CanJams) that ended up having almost nobody watching come meet time.  I hope I'm wrong though and there are lots of people interested in DIY since it's super cool. :)

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #308 of 473

Quote:
Hi Bay Area Meet!

Some sound advice from @n3rdling (couldn't help myself)...before we get set on an audio/visual DIY Demo- how many people are interested??

(A few of us have been working to make this happen but it would be good to know how many people would take 30-45 minutes to get some guidance and a tutorial from our esteemed Doc B.)

Please chime in here or send me a PM so I can get a DIY Demo interest check together!!

I'm interested!

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #310 of 473
Woah. I haven't checked on this thing since September of 2011, and 20 pages is kind of a lot of stuff to go through. I looked at the 1st page, so if I happened to go, I'm good on what's happening right? Or should I just go through all 20 pages? Is there anything I should be concerned about? It's a super slim chance that I might go, but there's a tiny possibility.  (Mostly because I live in Santa Cruz, which is like an hour away, and since my mom would be taking me, she'd have nothing to do.)

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #314 of 473
I just found out I will not be able to attend... I apologize as it will not be any fun for any of you without me. Tennis match...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back