OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Dec 24, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #61 of 473
Being able to try nice headphones and amps is a great opportunity... I'd definitely like to attend this if it works out with my schedule (but I can't confirm yet).

Is it typical to bring along your own headphone to test with amps, or is that generally not done?

Dec 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #62 of 473

Its a great great way to attend.  You'll be able to try them with gear you're interested in.  Definitely bring them along!

Quote:
Being able to try nice headphones and amps is a great opportunity... I'd definitely like to attend this if it works out with my schedule (but I can't confirm yet).

Is it typical to bring along your own headphone to test with amps, or is that generally not done?

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #64 of 473
Hi CEETEE,

With the exception of a few minor tweaks, I'll be bringing the same gear as last year.  I'd prefer to be placed in the 'quiet' room.  I'll bring:  

Grado HP-1000 (HP-1)
    AKG K1000 - hardwired Equinox
    LCD-2 - Norse 8-wire Norn
    Red Wine Isabellina HPA  - Amperex Holland pinch waist
    Red Wine 30.2
    Wadia iPod dock

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #66 of 473
Any chance someone might be able to bring along a WA5? :)  I'd love to hear more 300B dynamic amp implementations.  I saw someone mention a Manley Neo-Classic 300B earlier, too, which is in my top-5 intriguing headphone amps category!

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #70 of 473
I'd love to check out an Apex Arete if anyone in the Bay Area has one...at the meet or before.

Please PM me if you have one, thanks!

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #72 of 473
I dunno what you got going on here, but count me in anyway.  I'll bring the K1000s connected to my Pioneer amp.  I might even bring those weird Sony PFR-V1s.  And I may have some V-Moda M-80s by then too.  I'm not sure if I should go in the quiet room or the not-so-quiet room.  Those first two are very open but they also make lots of noise.  
biggrin.gif
  Either way, I'll take whatever you got.

Dec 28, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #73 of 473
Do bring those weird Sonys too!  First time I listened to them it felt like people were sticking their fingers in my ear with foam gloves on.  

But they sounded fun!  Now that I know what to expect, maybe I can concentrate more on the sound now...

Can put you in the quiet room with your open phones, Sir!

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #74 of 473
X2!  I've always wanted to hear those whacky things.

Quote:
Do bring those weird Sonys too!  First time I listened to them it felt like people were sticking their fingers in my ear with foam gloves on.  

But they sounded fun!  Now that I know what to expect, maybe I can concentrate more on the sound now...

Can put you in the quiet room with your open phones, Sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back