Official 2006 (Inter)National Meet - April 22nd & 23rd
Jan 27, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #136 of 607
I'm in. I'll be buying raffle tickets aswell, once I have a better handle on my financial situation.

Jan 27, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #137 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porksoda
I'm in. I'll be buying raffle tickets aswell, once I have a better handle on my financial situation.

Consider yourself added! And RnB180, if you want to start a "Coming from Cali" thread, I'll gladly link that thread in the first page here.

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #138 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
What's the closest airport to the Hotel?

Anyone recommend an airport if there are multiple choices?

-Ed

LaGuardia (LGA) / Kennedy (JFK) / Newark (EWR), in that order. Ed, I arrive at LaGuardia at 6PM on Friday (United Flt. #686 from Chicago). If you can get a similar arrival time, we can split a cab to the hotel.

Jan 28, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #139 of 607
Please count me in, me and my girlfriend.

I will be flying in for this from the UK!!!!
etysmile.gif

Also a fasntastic chance for a long we in NYC. I can't wait, haven't be in New York for 15 years

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #140 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
Please count me in, me and my girlfriend.

I will be flying in for this from the UK!!!!
etysmile.gif

Also a fasntastic chance for a long we in NYC. I can't wait, haven't be in New York for 15 years

WOW! I think we can officially call this an international meet- we've met quota!

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #141 of 607
[size=medium]Wow[/size]...I'm both impressed and ecstatic!!!

From the Caribbean to Canada...from California to Canterbury.

When I started the poll of having a National Meet, the naysayers all said it would only be a regional meet, and this is turning out to be better than I could have ever hoped for. Thank you all.

[size=medium]Please be advised[/size]: With approximately 50 vendors at the sponsor tables, we will only have room for 300 attendees.

So if you really are coming please sign up before the list gets shut down (you must be on the list to get in and attend), and if you can't make it please make sure to let Jahn know so he can take you off the list and make room for others.

ALSO...please start to PM Jahn with the equipment that you are bringing, so he can start to compile a spreadsheet with all of the setups. We will have 30 tables for members, so that should be enough room for 90 full size setups and some "portables" tables.

It's getting close and this is going to be one for the books in Head-Fi's history (especially if we make it into Stereophile or other magazines).

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #142 of 607
I'm happy to say that I'll be able to make the meet afterall! The wedding that I've been asked to do the video for has been postponed until April 29th, so it has worked out perfectly!

I was seriously thinking about skipping out of the wedding to attend the meet, but that would have been hard to justify on any grounds other than selfishness. As much as I enjoy Head-Fi meets, there is something special about weddings in the sense that it's a one and only shot to show support for the relationship, and people never forget who went and who didn't. Plus, if I were to skip out for something like a headphone meet, I wouldn't expect 'normal' people to understand that... I'm told that they actually moved the date because of my conflict, so I hope I don't forget to go!

(To the wedding that is... no way I'll forget about the meet of all meets!)

Jan 29, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #143 of 607
Guys [size=medium]put me on the list [/size]. My brother or a friend will go too so place them on the list as well (ME +1).

I will be bringing my portable rig: Shure E3, and my philips HDD6330. I may be able to also bring a pair of etys.

-------------------------------------------------------
Do you guys think this event could make a suitable topic for a school newspaper?
I have written a couple of entertainment related articles. This even seems like a great opportunity to write another article.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for organizing this great meeting.

Jan 30, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #144 of 607
Quote:

WOW! I think we can officially call this an international meet

Fantastic to hear that the meet will be INTERCONTINENTAL because of me , I am very proud.

In the past few months I have been following a lot of threads in this outstanding forum, but haven't posted much as I am still learning and trying to put up a decent rig.

To take part to the meet will give me a great chance to hear a lot of stuff and better finalise my choice.

I look forward to meet all the big guns of head fi.
May be I should leave my wallet in Europe though
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #145 of 607
I'm going to do my best to make it. Anyone from NC/SC/VA going that has room for a passenger & a bag or two? I don't think my Saturn with 145k would make it there and back
frown.gif

Looking forward to finally meeting you guys and getting acquainted with some good gear
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #146 of 607
For anyone that is taking Southwest Airlines to Islip, I will be arriving 5:25 and will have a rental car. If you need a ride and are arriving close in time to my arrival, let me know. I can also offer a ride back on Sunday. My flight is 5:45pm on Sunday.

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #147 of 607
I just made reservations there at the hotel for two nights...wow only $115 in the NYC area. One newbie both days.
Now for the train tickets...list me as there.
Raul Silva/RulyS

Jan 31, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #148 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by RulyS
I just made reservations there at the hotel for two nights...wow only $115 in the NYC area. One newbie both days.
Now for the train tickets...list me as there.
Raul Silva/RulyS

I'll post you up now!

And for folks bringing gear, PM me with the rig(s) - I only have 3 so far PM'd to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back