Official ♦♦ Chord Hugo2 Canada/U.S.A. Tour ♦♦ Thread
Sep 11, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #241 of 265
Hello all. I received the black Hugo2 back from the Canadian Tour. Some items of note are that the raised part of the anozided case around the volume knob is slightly worn, there is a small minor crack in the Bluetooth window, and the included longer optical cable is missing.

I would just remind you all to please take care of the tour units as best as you can and to INCLUDE ALL ACCESSORIES out of courtesy to the next reviewer.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #242 of 265
My review of the Chord Hugo 2: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/chord-hugo-2.22209/reviews#review-19170

hugo2zeus.jpg

Sep 18, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #246 of 265
Nik, thanks. I've received the black Hugo2 in fine working order. Now playing...everything!

Fantastic. Enjoy it while you've got it.

I found it was a major step up from my Mojo and a step up from larger (albeit less expensive) desktop gear I've got. Count me impressed for sound quality. The only real downsides for me (in order of importance) were the price (gotta keep the wifey happy!), that there were functions that seemed to be accessible only via the remote (seriously can't understand this), and the transportable size. If price went an obstacle at this point, I'd most certainly buy one for the dynamic sound in a relatively small package.

@nmatheis approved!

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #247 of 265
Man, I feel bad. I was the first on my Tour and still have not got my review done. Its on paper just need to get it to computer/ here. Hopefully soon, I have not spent a lot of time like I normally do on headfi as its a busy lately.

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #248 of 265
Don't feel bad. You got to hear honestly one of the best devices in the world. I've come to appreciate the Hugo2 so much so that I'm selling my Mojo, my CDM and my A12's to fund it's purchase. The fact that it has Bluetooth aptx is the icing on the cake. Finally I can run bandcamp, youtube and all my other apps to a chord device. It sounds fantastic running simple MP3's from bandcamp btw. I am eternally grateful to Chord and the organizers of the tour for providing me this opportunity. Unbelievable device. I would also like to add that I didn't receive it until the middle of last week because the UPS man wouldn't leave it even though I signed the slip, took him several days to deliver it to the local UPS store as well for pickup. In a way, it kinda sucks hearing the Hugo2 because now I know I have to have one.

Forgot to report, the Hugo2 silver unit I received is in great order with no visible scratches, dents, dings or otherwise.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #249 of 265
The difference between my S8 running aptx and a friends iphone running airdrop is staggering. It's unforgiveable and frankly laughable that the new apple phones don't have aptx, airplay sounds terrible. This is no fault of Chords, it's apple fault.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #251 of 265
1) General location (i.e., City, State/Province). Miami, Florida

2) Links to previous reviews (if any). I've never done an official review but I have plenty of opinions and comments since 2006.

3) Brief list of previous / Current gear owned if not listed in your profile and up to date. DT-880, hd650, hd595, q701 , isine 20, dreamearz x5, la Figaro 339, modi multibit, dragondly red, audiogd amp(along time ago forgot model).

4) Headphones / IEMs you wish to try with the Hugo2 if not listed in your profile and up to date.hd650s, isine20s, dreamearz x5, a few other headphones I'll be demoing.

5) Agree to the terms of completing a product review for the Hugo2. I agree to post a full review on the chord Hugo2

Ps Fun Fact my first name is Hugo(why wouldn't I want to review this baby no puns intended thx)

Oct 1, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #252 of 265
Just updating that I received the Hugo2 review unit from jarnopp so I now have it in house.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #253 of 265

Users who are viewing this thread

Back