Official ♦♦ Chord Hugo2 Canada/U.S.A. Tour ♦♦ Thread
Oct 20, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #256 of 265
Oct 28, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #257 of 265
Hi guys. I was suppose to be part of the tour but unfortunately the new website setup took away my ability to log in with Facebook. I tried like hell to contact headfi about it with no luck till just recently. Finally back and I see pm’s about the tour and sadly I’d missed my previous opportunity. Is it by chance still going on?

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #258 of 265
Hi guys. I was suppose to be part of the tour but unfortunately the new website setup took away my ability to log in with Facebook. I tried like hell to contact headfi about it with no luck till just recently. Finally back and I see pm’s about the tour and sadly I’d missed my previous opportunity. Is it by chance still going on?

Dang... well, welcome back. It's been done for a couple of weeks now. Sorry about the whole log-in fiasco... I thought you must have quit head-fi. We made several attempts to contact you.

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #260 of 265
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #261 of 265
Thank you @ruthieandjohn ! I have a long way to go to get to level of your authoritative Grado reviews, but I've had a wonderful couple weeks of reflection and discovery, and I'm glad for the opportunity to share my journal.

One advantage of being the last person in the most delayed tour leg is that all the other reviewers had already covered all the basics extremely well. That gave me a chance to really focus on how these various DACs and playback configuration are able to evoke the emotion of the performance.

Please let us know what you think of the recordings, and share other gems that you find along the way!

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #262 of 265
Just posted my review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/chord-hugo-2.22209/reviews#review-19435

Many thanks to the organizers, and to Chord for sponsoring the tour
Great review, a number of things you mention "clicked" for me. There seem to be three levels of Hugo2 performance - Magical, elevated, and gone. Gone is great (clarity/dynamics/detail) with the performance of other options at this price point, but that magic (musicality/mind warp) is impaired by something in the chain. Elevated is the norm where I am hearing new things in my music which makes me want to relisten to my entire library over again at new fidelity. However, when the magic happens, I am lost in my music with a new level of emotion and appreciation that I cannot get anywhere else. So while the performance is always on, that magic is the drug that keeps us tweaking. My most magical chain is my PC > Hugo2 > EC ZD > LCD2.2. Everything through that chain is at the magic level. I was about to sell my LCD2.2 having grown bored of them until I heard what this chain could do. Now they are my favorite headphones once again besting the HD800 and HEX sitting next to them. The HUGO2 magic and the Audeze LCD bass magic together is phenomenal.

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #263 of 265
Thank you @Barra. I'm amazed at how universal the reaction to the Chord Magic is. Says something about how real it is, once you have a chain where you can hear it (as I noted in my review, it is SO easy to kill/mute that magic)

I'd love to be able to hear my chain with the HEK's, but it sounds like I need to add the Audeze to the must listen to list as well. Bass through the chord chain is way underrated. When you listen to something like the Waserman "Duets" album, the physicality and realness of the bass is really next level. Even with piano, having the bass to capture those low level resonances really changes the experience

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #264 of 265
Please Delete.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #265 of 265

Users who are viewing this thread

Back