Offer a headphone stand already!
Aug 15, 2007 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Chu

1000+ Head-Fier
Please! These are so simple to make and the markup so insane I don't know why you don't offer them already. To add to it, every one on the market has issues that you can fix, and considering how much shipping eats into the cost of these they would be a natural bundle with any headphone purchase.

My ideal stand would be something like the Sennheriser HH10, except on an actual stand instead of a clip. I'm sure I'm not alone. You guys can do it!

hh10normaljr4.jpg

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 14
It's a fairly small market to try to put something like that into production (thus the markup). There are many other alternatives like styrofoam heads or banana hangers. I'd love to have a few more of the HH10 that I could attach to a shelf, but at 25 USD MSRP; I'll keep looking for banana hangers...

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 14
I think the market is not that small if marketed properly. No many people would go out of the way to buy them, but as a $15 or $20 addition to their order at the time of purchase of headphones (think car options) I think they would be very popular. Headroom is in a unique position to do this.

EDIT : The price on the HH10 is odd. Every site out there has them in the $30 range, but on Sennheiser's site they're $22 shipped to the US.

Aug 15, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 14
Well, the average headphone user isn't going to buy a 20$ stand for their 20$ headphones. But headroom isn't a huge corporation like sennheisser that they can put out a small production run like that. But that isn't what this thread is for; it isn't discussion. For more discussion it should brobably be in the off-topic.

Aug 15, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 14
Porbably you are looking for this one or this one for those prices they are really hard to beat...

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Porbably you are looking for this one or this one for those prices they are really hard to beat...

I really like these Koss headphone holders!

if I am not mistaken HeadRoom gave away or maybe just had the Koss Hanger in use at their tables at one of their meets a couple of years ago. I remember a Head-Fi member commenting on them in his picure post of the meet.

the HeadRoom Speaker Stands they posted picture on had a Headphone Hanger out to the side of them. one on both stands. if the Hanger makes it's way into the final design of the Speaker Stand, in away they will be offering a headphone stand.

Aug 22, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 14
Well, I would buy one if done right. I want something that looks good on a desk, is stable, and doesn't look like a DIY project.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 14
It would be cool to offer both the desk clamp type stands, and the normal "on your desk" stands. I got one bundled with my amp from WooAudio, and I think it's great. Not everyone has a desk where it's practical to clamp a headphone stand on to it.

Then again, if the cost of the stand is merged into the cost of the amp, it just be a better idea to avoid increasing the price with frivolous extras. Putting a stand in with a $1500 amp is no great drama, but if HeadRoom had to throw one in with every BitHead it sold (which I'm sure they sell at a greater volume than their more expensive offerings), it might be an issue.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be cool to offer both the desk clamp type stands, and the normal "on your desk" stands. I got one bundled with my amp from WooAudio, and I think it's great. Not everyone has a desk where it's practical to clamp a headphone stand on to it.

Then again, if the cost of the stand is merged into the cost of the amp, it just be a better idea to avoid increasing the price with frivolous extras. Putting a stand in with a $1500 amp is no great drama, but if HeadRoom had to throw one in with every BitHead it sold (which I'm sure they sell at a greater volume than their more expensive offerings), it might be an issue.

I think that the stand should come with the heapdhones, and not with the amp, but that is just my opinion...this way they can have the brand or logo on it as well...

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #13 of 14
Mine was a screw in a shelf with some duck tape for quite a while. I'd likely pick one up from Headroom if they offered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back