Off the wall question for the membership
Sep 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RobII

New Head-Fier
I am trying to sell an Accurian ASR-5046 receiver/amplifier on Craig's List.  I have it posted for $40 and some clown wants a "discount."  I was just wondering if anyone had any idea about what the original price range for this unit was - "way back when" it was new.  I inherited it in an estate settlement and don't need it (I am running a Carver system around a CT-17).  I thought $40 would be more than fair and I want to tell him what kind of a deal he's getting if he'll quit quibbling.  Thanks!

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 10
I've never heard of Accurian. Have you found anything online?

I'd just tell the buyer that the $40 is firm. Maybe someone else will come along.

Edit: Accurian looks like a Radio Shack house brand. You might be able to go back through old Radio Shack catalogs and find the MSRP. If they don't archive their old catalogs, try looking through the Wayback Machine at archive.org.

Sep 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #7 of 10
Thank you, one and all!

I have posted the same question on the Radio Scraps catalog site provided by MCC and hopefully someone there will have some knowledge, as well.

Soundboy, thank you, too.  It looks like the unit being discussed at audiokarma is a much smaller device, intended for wireless operation while mine is definitely hard-wire all the way, but I'm still working my way through the thread - 11 pages!  I may register there and post a more specific request.  Thanks again for the potential source.

If anyone else out there has a more complete answer, well, keep them cards and letters comin', folks!

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #9 of 10
[size=medium]After all of that, this is what I get back from him:[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]I have another amplifier already, the reason why I want to buy this because I hate to unplug all the wire from it and only use once a year in the garage. That is ok I can use mine. Thank you. [/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Does anyone out there want a nice tuner/amp?  I'd have to add shipping charges, but I have the original quick-start guide and manual and it comes with a branded remote.  
wink_face.gif
[/size]
[/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]Thanks again, for everyone's help.[/size][/size]

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back