October 3rd Custom Electronics Midwest Head-Fi meet!
Jul 24, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #16 of 227
I wouldn't mind coming. The drive from Sioux Falls is a short one. I am in Omaha all the time anyways ( I was in charge of installing the sound in the Qwest Center). I have a few toys I can bring.

Cans:
Grado RS-1
Senn HD-600
Beyer DT-770
AKG 501
AKG 240 Sextetts
Shure e4c

Amps:
Millett MiniMAX
Millett SS
Pimeta

Who knows what else I will have by Nov.

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #19 of 227
After seeing some of the other list mine is quite short.

Cans:
Denon d7000
Grado 325i's
Shure e3c's

Amps:
Millett Max
Millett SS
Depending on date b22

Sources:
Denon 5900 -->Strait Up
Macbook with Appr. 14,000 songs

And Beer If that is OK

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #20 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm from Omaha Nebraska, please I'd love to be included in this. Will we be doing any in the near future?

We're not quite sure of the date, LingLing1337 was hoping to do this soon, like before school starts this fall, I think. We're looking at talking to the owner of C.E. next week to see about arrangements, then we can pick dates and firm things up. You're certainly welcome to come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, If it is at CE, then I can listen to some new Maggies, not that I need to replace my 2.5Rs.

Oh, come on, you know you need 3 more for a surround system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After seeing some of the other list mine is quite short.

Cans:
Denon d7000
Grado 325i's
Shure e3c's

Amps:
Millett Max
Millett SS
Depending on date b22

Sources:
Denon 5900 -->Strait Up
Macbook with Appr. 14,000 songs

And Beer If that is OK

All the equipment is fine with me, I don't know how C.E. feels about open beverages, let alone alcoholic ones. We'll discuss it next week with the owner, hopefully. Maybe we can confine drinks to one room or maybe not at all.

Looks like we have 10 individuals at this point that are interested. We'll keep the thread updated about locations and possible dates, so subscribe to it! (Thread tools, at the top right of the first post, if you aren't auto-subscribed.) You can get immediate, daily, or weekly updates.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #21 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT2: Kclone and Golgi, would you be willing to bring your vinyl rigs out?

If the timing works, I could bring my vinyl rig along since that's primarily my headphone rig anyway.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #22 of 227
Only thing I'll have are my MDR-V6's and my ATH-AD700's, neither of which are really all that special. Nothing to contribute, I'm hoping to come and learn some things, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #23 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by golgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the timing works, I could bring my vinyl rig along since that's primarily my headphone rig anyway.

That would be outstanding, I should go look at my vinyl collection. I haven't looked at or touched it in a long time. I am afraid to, as it may cause me to finally go buy a real TT, and I can't afford that right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only thing I'll have are my MDR-V6's and my ATH-AD700's, neither of which are really all that special. Nothing to contribute, I'm hoping to come and learn some things, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Bring 'em along, you can listen to them alongside others, so you have a known sound to compare to. I don't know if someone else has those in their gear list, but if they don't, definitely bring them, someone will probably want to listen to them. (I'd like to hear the -V6.)

Everyone, please add a link to this thread to your sig, so that more people see it. Not everyone fills out their location, so I'm sure I missed some with my PMs.

And on that note, if you care to, and haven't already, make your location a little more specific, like "Western Iowa", or, better yet, "Council Bluffs, Iowa". It's nice to see people nearby, and makes organizing this kind of thing easier if you can do a search for "Iowa" against the member list, and just shoot out a PM to everyone that pops up.

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #24 of 227
I'll have my ATH cans on tuesday, and yes I'll bring my V6's. I'll also have some chincy wood altec lansing buds.

God willing, I'll have my desktop amp by the time we do this. Especially if we do it september 5th. The later the better for me.

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #26 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any date is fine with me. I'm a working guy, so I don't have to schedule around school anymore
smily_headphones1.gif

Alright, thanks. Looks like we'll shoot for as early as possible then- probably a late August date.

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #27 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, thanks. Looks like we'll shoot for as early as possible then- probably a late August date.

My bad. Ran it past the GF, and it looks like Sept 5 is the only one of those dates I can make.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #28 of 227
Good thing that I decided to check back after a long absence.

I would be interested in attending. The only piece of equipment that might be of interest is my passive modded DAC-AH.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #29 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would be interested in attending. The only piece of equipment that might be of interest is my passive modded DAC-AH.

I would certainly be interested in your HF-1 and HD580. I'll go ahead and add you to the list.

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #30 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree w/LingLing, bring your phones if you can swing it, the more the merrier.

I'm bringing my entire inventory, even though the one pair (Silencio React) are most definitely not hi-fi, but they are interesting, at least to me. They are well made, have an FM tuner, 3.5mm input jack, rechargeable batteries, and do a great job of shutting out the sound of rifle/pistol fire, while letting you have a reasonably normal conversation with someone, and having decent stereo (binaural?) microphones, you can tell where a sound is coming from. I think they're cool, but I'm kind of a geek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back