October 3rd Custom Electronics Midwest Head-Fi meet!
Jul 30, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #46 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too, a two minute drive from UNO's South Campus.

I can see CE from my apartment. I walk past it on my way to work at First Data.

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #47 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see CE from my apartment. I walk past it on my way to work at First Data.

You have me beat then.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #48 of 227
Are you guys going to make me hunk my tower down there? It's big, beautiful, scratch free, and water cooled. I can bring it if I have to, as it holds my X-Fi. I also have a tower that holds an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #49 of 227
Quote:

Are you guys going to make me hunk my tower down there? It's big, beautiful, scratch free, and water cooled. I can bring it if I have to, as it holds my X-Fi. I also have a tower that holds an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum.

Bring what you like. If it's a problem, either don't, or ask for some help, I imagine we can scratch up some people/vehicles to carry stuff if needed.

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #51 of 227
That's probably. Either way, I stopped by today on my way home from work to say hello and I was surprised to find they had some Grado SR125's in stock and they let me give it a listen off my ipod fiio rig.

Custom Electronics | World-class Audio, Video & Home Theater Systems | Omaha, Nebraska

I was asked to post a link of the site. By the way, I should remind them that tuvulu is sinking and will be gone soon and that their TLD is going to be retired. :X

Aug 2, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #54 of 227
Just wanted to bump the thread so that everyone could see the news in the first post: Todd the Vinyl Junkie has agreed to lend us gear for the event!

Aug 3, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #56 of 227
Quote:

Either way I'm really hoping Nylan brings his LD MK II. I really want to hear it, and quite badly.

Unless my boss totally misses it, I already asked for the day off.

I'll be there. I may even have some different tubes for the darn thing.

Nylan

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #57 of 227
It looks like I'll push back my purchase until after the head-fi meetup. That way I can hear it, just like I got to do with the MDR-V6 at NFM. If it sounds good on my headphones I'll order one. Until then I gotta be a good boy and pay off my debts. Friday I'm paying off the remainder of a loan (about 800$). And by the END of october I intend to pay off a 2600$ credit card bill. If I can pull all that off, and I really like the MK II, I will be getting myself a 190$ gift.
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #58 of 227
I'm getting more and more excited for this! I mean I haven't heard anything other than Ibuds and JVC Marshmallows so you can kind of get how excited I am haha. Does anyone have any Grado 325i's or Ultimate Ears triple fi's they could bring? =)

-Chris-

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #59 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVALover5498 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting more and more excited for this! I mean I haven't heard anything other than Ibuds and JVC Marshmallows so you can kind of get how excited I am haha. Does anyone have any Grado 325i's or Ultimate Ears triple fi's they could bring? =)

-Chris-

Listen2this1 has a pair of 325i's that he's bringing. As the to UE's, I don't believe so. Very few people are comfortable with sharing IEM's with other people.

I'm not one of those people, but I know many who are a bit nervous for health reasons.

Nylan

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #60 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVALover5498 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-Chris-

Custom Electronics carries all Grados from SR60i to 325is, so I'm sure they would be happy to bring out whatever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back