October 3rd Custom Electronics Midwest Head-Fi meet!
Jul 28, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #32 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol...um...guys...I work at NFM...I can talk to the building manager if you want...

Nylan

Hey, that would be cool, let's see what the guy at C.E. has to say, and LingLing1337 can take a look at the facilities. I think we're going to talk to him tomorrow, LL in person, and me on the phone, hopefully at the same time.

But it's good to know we have an in at NFM if C.E. doesn't work out for whatever reason. I assume NFM probably has some empty space somewhere in the facilities that we could use.

Looks like we have 11 possibles now, and a nice gear list.

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #33 of 227
Depending on how late this meet goes I may or may not be able to attend.

The issue comes from this being labor day weekend. The store I work at requires 100% staffing that entire weekend (since we get the next Monday off, I guess). If it's later than 6, I'll be there.

All I really wanna listen to is the HD800, PS1000, HF1, D7000, RS1 & 2, and the AD700.

...um...I prolly won't get to listen to all of them, but hey...whatever...

PS: I've already talked to our buyers about kind of "hosting" this so we can see if we can get a room. I told them that you may or may not need to use the store. It's not a absolute, but I at least have the ball rolling in case CE doesn't pan out.

Nylan

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #34 of 227
Not sure I'll be able to come up with an amp of my choosing by this event but I'll do my best. Either way... I'll at least be bringing 3 sets of headphones, and maybe some razer gaming headsets I got for free so we can make fun of them. They're so imbalanced, left side is quieter than right, but at the very least the headset party is comfy... it has an inline amp.

Girlfriend doesn't seem to mind, she's not very discerning when it comes to stuff like that so she's using them. Eventually I'll gift her some nice headphones. I should bring her with so she can pick her favourites. her birthday is the day after. ^_^

Nylan, would you sell me your LD MK II if I offered you normal price (less shipping)? I don't know how attached to it you are or if you want to upgrade. By the way, I've heard about you. I actually listened to the MDR-V6 for the first time at NFM's headphone's line up and fell in love and when I asked about headphone amps they told me bout you but you weren't in at the time. Otherwise I'd of already met you. I wasn't an aspiring head-fier at the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #35 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure I'll be able to come up with an amp of my choosing by this event but I'll do my best. Either way... I'll at least be bringing 3 sets of headphones, and maybe some razer gaming headsets I got for free so we can make fun of them. They're so imbalanced, left side is quieter than right, but at the very least the headset party is comfy... it has an inline amp.

Girlfriend doesn't seem to mind, she's not very discerning when it comes to stuff like that so she's using them. Eventually I'll gift her some nice headphones. I should bring her with so she can pick her favourites. her birthday is the day after. ^_^

Nylan, would you sell me your LD MK II if I offered you normal price (less shipping)? I don't know how attached to it you are or if you want to upgrade. By the way, I've heard about you. I actually listened to the MDR-V6 for the first time at NFM's headphone's line up and fell in love and when I asked about headphone amps they told me bout you but you weren't in at the time. Otherwise I'd of already met you. I wasn't an aspiring head-fier at the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sorry Aynjell, but I am attached to my Little Dot. I understand that paying for the shipping sucks, but I haven't even had it for a year yet (plus it was a gift from my inlaws).

I know the extra 40 bucks in shipping sucks, but I just consider it part of the cost of the amp.

I'm not surprised that my coworkers have informed you of my existence. They know about my headphone hobby, even though not all of them understand it. I try to keep kind of a low profile here on head-fi in regard to where I work, but I decided to let you guys know just in case custom isn't available as a location.

Nylan

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #36 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry Aynjell, but I am attached to my Little Dot. I understand that paying for the shipping sucks, but I haven't even had it for a year yet (plus it was a gift from my inlaws).

I know the extra 40 bucks in shipping sucks, but I just consider it part of the cost of the amp.

I'm not surprised that my coworkers have informed you of my existence. They know about my headphone hobby, even though not all of them understand it. I try to keep kind of a low profile here on head-fi in regard to where I work, but I decided to let you guys know just in case custom isn't available as a location.

Nylan

Just thought I'd ask. I know a lot of you guys are looking for the bigger better deal at any given time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #37 of 227
Quote:

Just thought I'd ask. I know a lot of you guys are looking for the bigger better deal at any given time.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been to some meets in KC (which there is one coming up soon, btw) and some of the desktop tube amps that are around the same size of the LD MK II sound fairly similar.

Of course, I still have the stock tubes. Once I gets me some cash, I'm buying a new set of tubes for it.

Nylan

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #41 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVALover5498 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up tenzip! There is no way I will miss this!

Great! I see from your sig you have nothing, but another pair of ears will fit in just fine. I'm getting stoked, even if we are two months and a few days away yet.

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #42 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! I see from your sig you have nothing, but another pair of ears will fit in just fine. I'm getting stoked, even if we are two months and a few days away yet.

Yeah, sorry I can't bring anything to the table. I'm just getting started. =(

-Chris-

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #43 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVALover5498 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, sorry I can't bring anything to the table. I'm just getting started. =(

-Chris-

No problem. You'll find something you can't live without, I imagine, if you can hold off that long.

If anyone wants to take a look at Custom Electronics' website, here is a link.

I know I'm going to be drooling over the HT setups. I usually try to avoid this kind of store, the HT is harder on the wallet than Head-Fi.

Jul 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #45 of 227
Quote:

I live right around the corner from this place. If I don't make it something's seriously wrong.

Me too, a two minute drive from UNO's South Campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back