Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread
Aug 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #121 of 211
Thanks, Music.  Older posts, but obviously they've been around for a good long time, and that's a good sign too.

The last post in that thread was written 6.5 weeks ago.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #122 of 211
If you don't mind using a forwarding service such as Tenso, then e-earphone and Fujiya-Avic are worth inspecting as well

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #123 of 211
^   I think it can be pretty tricky ordering from e-earphone and Fujiya-Avic if you can't read & understand Japanese. Not sure, either, whether you can use an overseas (non-Japanese) debit / credit card with one or both of them.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #124 of 211
You can't, which is why I mentioned Tenso, who'd assist with you ordering and shipping. But yeah, definitely a bit trickier than usin PriceJapan. You can stand to score a good deal off of either site if you're patient though. I mean I've seen the Piano Forte VIII go for as low as $600 USD on e-earphone! Not sure what the Flat-4s go for used these days, but I could have sworn I've seen SUI go for as low as $250 USD awhile back

I believe our very own Evetan scored the Kaede off of e-earphone awhile back to the tune of $600 or so as well

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #126 of 211
Quote:
I believe our very own Evetan scored the Kaede off of e-earphone awhile back to the tune of $600 or so as well

It was 49500 Yen. + some shipping costs :)

Back when it wasn't as hyped.

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #132 of 211
Quote:
Does anyone have any comments or experience with PriceJapan?  They seem to have good prices, but I'd like to get some feedback since I have no knowledge or experience with them.  Thanks!

My personal experience with Price Japan has been excellent. I purchased two Final Audio headphones from them as well as the Flat4-KAEDE. They have been three for three on customer experience. I would and will purchase through them again... when I can afford the PF X-CC.  :)

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #134 of 211
I recently purchased the Ocharaku Kuro from PriceJapan as well. I live in Korea and got my shipment within
4 business days from the day of payment confirmation. As far as customer service, it is strictly professional
and in my personal opinion, simply excellent.

As for the performance of the Kuro, it is mind-blowing...quite literally. I come from listening mostly to my HE-400.
If you ever tried HE-400, you know that it has a relatively large soundstage with a slightly bright treble. The treble
on the Kuro is exceedingly more likeable compared to my HE-400's. It is more textured and maybe a hint sharper,
which doesn't really bother me at all. I mainly listen to electronica, and for this genre, Kuro is outstanding, but for
pop or rock, the sheer amount of bass is lacking for a true live performance-like reproduction. Also, the soundstage
has considerable width and depth, of which I am quite impressed. I’m only on my 5th hour of listening to them, so
everything is tentative at this point, but these are definitely a keeper.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #135 of 211
Neither bass quantity nor quality are issues KURO suffers in comparison to other earphones but fit, and how to maintain the delicate balanced that allows good sound and comfort, are. I hope you find them worth your dosh. Welcome to the club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back