Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread
Jun 19, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #31 of 211
Yes and I love my LCD 3. However, I could never imagine listening to music for 15 straight hours with it. This is a really special headphone.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #32 of 211
Had a listen on the Kuro. Lovely sounding phones! Just love the way the details pops out of dense music. Did not buy it as got myself a Fitear F111 at 2/3 the price. Sound wise the Fitear was more full bodied and smooth. On hindsight should have got myself the Kuro, can't forget th highs. It's cheaper to get it in Japan thENG in overseas. Last I saw Fuji Avic has some stock.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #33 of 211
I'm addicted to the sound. Something tells me that this amazing Kuro will be in the For Sale forum so I can make a play for the Kaede. If it is any better than this, I want it no matter what the cost.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #35 of 211
If you think the Kuro is a vast improvement on the SUI, it could be above the KAEDE.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #36 of 211
Yes.  I've gotten feedback that Sui and Kaede aren't all that different.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #37 of 211
I beg to diff. Heard both, found the "Sui" less transparent and the mid sounded recess. I was using my iPhone 5 so that could be an issue. But with the same iPhone the "Kaede" sounded wonderfull. Some of the complex and dense music piece was rendered with clarity I did not know it existed befor. The mid was more forward sounding,just the way I liked it.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #38 of 211
Has anyone compared the Kaede to the Final Audio Piano ix. I have a pair of the ix and would like to know what are the differences between the sound of these 2 Japanese companies. I am hoping that Muppetface could chime in.

Thanks

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #39 of 211
Quote:
I beg to diff. Heard both, found the "Sui" less transparent and the mid sounded recess. I was using my iPhone 5 so that could be an issue. But with the same iPhone the "Kaede" sounded wonderfull. Some of the complex and dense music piece was rendered with clarity I did not know it existed befor. The mid was more forward sounding,just the way I liked it.

That's interesting, will you get the chance to compare them again with something else?

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #41 of 211
So the mids are forward on the Kuro?  Then I must have it in my life.

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #42 of 211
Not sure if this has been posted before, but Headfonia has impressions from the 2013 Spring Tokyo headphone festival.
The reviewer likes the Kuro, and bought that one as well as the Kaede.

http://www.headfonia.com/2013-spring-tokyo-headphone-festival-impressions/4/

Quote - taken from the link above:
Talking to Mr. Makoto who’s the designer behind Ocharaku (Who was the ex-Director of Sound Development at Sony), and listening to the Flat-4 KURO and Flat-4 Kaede, I now believe that this guy is the no.1 man when it comes to designing dynamic driver IEMs. Last year the Flat-4 SUI was the best selling product on FujiyaAvic, but listening to the KURO and the KAEDE, I felt that the two newer products are clearly superior than the SUI. The KURO improved on the design of the SUI by the use of a hybrid anti-vibration coating on the driver housing and the phase correction tube. The result is a cleaner, more spacious sound with an improved low bass impact and extension than the SUI. Keep in mind this is not a bass-oriented IEM and like the other Ocharaku line up the tonal balance is a little too bright for my dark-loving ears, but it’s hard not to appreciate the first class acoustics in the KURO and the KAEDE models. Definitely better than the Sony EX1000, Senn’s IE800, and the multitude models in Final Audio and Audio Technica’s high end dynamic driver IEM.

The headonia reviewer has a full review here.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #43 of 211
So, I've been listening to my Kuro for about two days now, I do think that the genre that it excels at is jazz. These phones just bring out the best in every instrument, detailed enough, yet still musical, that a jazz listener can be very happy indeed. The presentation of the instruments is clear, crisp, and very true to the sounds. Sound stage is just excellent, you feel right up front in the first row of the Jazz club, with Miles and Coltrane playing just for you.
Bass is kept in its respectful place (with this music) there but not in your face, mids are full, and highs are sparkly and smooth but not over done. Wood and wind instruments just sound really good and natural. Drums, even when fast, sound clear and uncluttered.
Complex modern jazz sounds as good as classic jazz.
The Flat4-Kuro's make the music swing!

Really loving this earphone.

One question, anyone try to tip roll with the Kuro or any of the Ocharaku Flat4's?

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #44 of 211
Quote:
So, I've been listening to my Kuro for about two days now, I do think that the genre that it excels at is jazz. These phones just bring out the best in every instrument, detailed enough, yet still musical, that a jazz listener can be very happy indeed. The presentation of the instruments is clear, crisp, and very true to the sounds. Sound stage is just excellent, you feel right up front in the first row of the Jazz club, with Miles and Coltrane playing just for you.
Bass is kept in its respectful place (with this music) there but not in your face, mids are full, and highs are sparkly and smooth but not over done. Wood and wind instruments just sound really good and natural. Drums, even when fast, sound clear and uncluttered.
Complex modern jazz sounds as good as classic jazz.
The Flat4-Kuro's make the music swing!

Really loving this earphone.

One question, anyone try to tip roll with the Kuro or any of the Ocharaku Flat4's?

I tried a few (not many), but like the Ortofon large best.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #45 of 211
I also really enjoy the F-4 with jazz. My favorite tips are the Final Audio Heaven VI A type tips. I've got the ortofon tips as well and some hybrids but I don't like them as much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back