OCD Question Regarding Durability..
Sep 15, 2010 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

theturtle

New Head-Fier
Okay, guys, i know this is gonna sound really bad. Its just that this is my first real expensive IEM so i want to keep it in tip top shape. I bought some UM3x from earphone solutions a couple of days ago and i was wondering if they're really durable. After school yesterday i came home and threw the IEM's on to my bed (i usually use the case but i was really exhausted). I went to sleep and than i woke up to realize that the UM3x fell on the ground while i slept. It landed on a semi hard service (http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/508646/Office-Depot-Berber-Carpet-Chair-Mat/). it sounds fine but im paranoid something inside could have been damaged from the 2 foot drop. everything should be fine right? Westone makes these things durable? thanks for putting up with a question like this guys! 

Sep 15, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 2
A two foot drop is nothing for the IEM. The parts inside are rather light and don't have much mass to them so a light impact shouldn't cause damage. Just don't go smashing up your IEM's with a hammer =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back