Observations: Blue Ever Blue 328r vs Apple Stock
Sep 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rstark18

New Head-Fier
Keep in mind I'm no expert I just know what I like so take it easy on me (and help me learn). I have been looking for a comfortable decent sounding earbud for a few years and have had a tough time. I have tried many IEM throughout the years and I just don't like them. I use these exclusively for my iPhone. My problem with the stock Apple earbuds has always been the lack of bass but for my ears the fit is VERY comfortable.

Just recently I was reading through this forum and noticed someone say how foam earbud pads change the sound of earbuds. I picked up a pack of foam pads and I couldn't believe the difference they made on the stock buds. It seems as though they seal up my ears enough to give me the bass I was looking for. I was pretty happy with this setup but I had the Yuin PK3 in my mind as they were cheap and everyone was saying how much better they were than stock buds. I then saw a review for the BEB 328r The Black and thought for $20 it couldn't hurt to try them out. I was honestly expecting to hear a noticeable difference between the Apple and the 328r. I don't know if it's my lack of experience in fidelity but I just don't think they are any better. They are a little different but not worse or better. The bass is just as pronounced on both. I was expecting to hear the soundstage that I see people talk about but nada. Has anyone on here done a comparison with the current Apple buds (WITH FOAM PADS) with the Yuin or similar?

What am I missing? BTW, I am burning the 328r in right now for a day so maybe they will sound better tomorrow (I hope).

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Apple iBud is not something I would refer as bad. In fact, I think it is pretty decent for stock earbuds. But compared to BeB Black, I find iBud (without foam pad) lower mid / upper bass just a little too hick and smooth, losing out some texture. Adding foam pad makes it worst. Also the upper register isn't quite as clean as BeB. Overall the presentation is just duller on the iBud, but the two do share a similar sound signature and that's what I suspect the reason why you don't find them a night and day difference. Generally speaking, the contrast of different sound signature makes the difference more obvious, but not necessarily a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back