Obscure Chinese DAPs
Aug 24, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #7,727 of 8,158
any impression with this ?
US $224.10 10%OFF | aigo H06PLUS Lossless HIFI music MP3 player fever mastering card DAC DSD coaxial
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0lEjKc

No personal experience, but I was eyeing that one up for a little while. From what I turned up, it seems to have a neutral to cold/bright-ish sound. Also seen it described as not very bassy.

Likely a quality product, not a cheap trebly mess... just not the most forgiving.

Aug 25, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #7,728 of 8,158
My F.Audio XS04 sucking my phone acc like crazy in the dac mode cause it's charging while playing. Any idea, how i can power off charging process? Or can i contact f.audio somehow at least?

If you activate developer mode in your phone and go under developer options you can change the usb otg functions. Depending on which version of android you have on your phone you should be able to turn off charging.

Sep 4, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #7,731 of 8,158
Seem familiar? The body looks a lot like that Yophoon Q3... but with that DAC and AMP it's like an AP60. Interesting, but not worth $350.

sa8332.PNG

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #7,732 of 8,158
Hi All, for many years I have had a cheap Xduoo X3 i got for £50 which i think has been great but with the advent of bluetooth i thought i'd try something new, but nothing has really come close i think personally in terms of sound quality except for a fiio m3k i had. I'm only looking in the region of £50 - £130. Since then i have tried to upgrade for a player with bluetooth but have not really found anything suitable and go back to my xduoo x3 in the end. I purchased a Gueray X8 player - that has the issue of the 2 seconds cut off on bluetooth and no firmware ever found to fix and largely sits in my drawer unused. I tried a sony nw-a55 but the sound level is way too low so i sold it when using the underground for work in the tunnels i couldnt hear a thing using it, I bought a Shmci C5s that was supposed to have bluetooth but didnt and sold it also. The last one I have i'm not sure what it is it seems like a fake JWD JWM-115 from aliexpress that i bought for £35

It does look the same and has the same chip mentioned - however came in a white box, no branding on back as per pictures i've seen of the real JWN-115 but with a manual that says JWM-115 and all menus seem to be same from the research i've done.
The player whilst sounds good is horrible and full of bugs - the main being:
- On Bluetooth it just randomly stops playing sound when the song ends. So a song will play normally e.g track 2 with bluetooth earphones (i use TRN BT20s) then move to the next track 3 and suddenly there is no sound but the player is still playing the song?
- Severe lag, just starts lagging for no reason with bluetooth and without on normal headphones
- "No SD card" popup repeatedly - whilst the song is even playing so no way to get back to pause, stop, search another song, album etc unless restarting the player
- when playing a new song, suddenly it will lag and then it will stop and go to the last song that was playing from another album (when the last track/position is switched on in settings for when you switch the player off and on) it will keep going to that last song suddenly lagging in a middle of a song and suddenly just going back.

As such this just sits in a draw largely unused and back to my xduoo x3.

I wonder if the JWD JWM-115 ever had any firmware to fix these issues or is it more likely this is a cheap knock off of it with it's own problems.

Link on alixpress
1700mah HIFI Player

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #7,733 of 8,158
Talking about Xduoo X3, I also has been using it for years because there was nothing to replace it on the market, compact, a lot of power and good sound but now headphone jack broke and there is still nothing on the market to upgrade. Entry DAP market has been dead for few years now, sadly replaced by smartphone DAC dongles.

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #7,734 of 8,158
Either of you guys could try the Surfans F20. I don't think you'd be disappointed. The bluetooth works well n all that, I used it once. And other people don't seem to have a problem, from what I've read. Great sound quality.

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #7,735 of 8,158
Either of you guys could try the Surfans F20. I don't think you'd be disappointed. The bluetooth works well n all that, I used it once. And other people don't seem to have a problem, from what I've read. Great sound quality.
Yes, can second the Surfans or the HifiWalker H2...they are very similar and review of H2 recently by Audiophile Heaven. Powerful, very good battery life and excellent sound.

Sep 9, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #7,736 of 8,158
Yes, can second the Surfans or the HifiWalker H2...they are very similar and review of H2 recently by Audiophile Heaven. Powerful, very good battery life and excellent sound.

I have the H2 because I left my A&K Kann Alpha at home while touring so I needed a cheap DAP to use for a few months. The thing is, I ended up loving this thing. It has plenty of power to run my AKG K702s/Q701s for instance, the Burr-Brown DAC in it gives a nice detailed, smooth presentation with all my 24bit hi-res FLAC files, and the battery life is actually very good as well.

The OS is intuitive and easy to understand, it has all the basic options you expect a budget DAP to have, and the click wheel operation gives it a cool tactile retro feel that's fun. It's also important to note that the chassis are machined out of zinc alloy so the H2 feels nice and robust. Heck, you can even use it as a DAC through a USB port if you so desire.

When I first got the H2, I compared the sound and power available to a couple of budget and mid level DAPs my bandmates had around from Hidizs and Hiby. Soundwise its was just as detailed as any if the others with a little bit of added musicality compared to the more clinical sounding Hidizs as I remember. When it came to having enough power to drive some moderately demanding headphones like my K702s, the H2 had headroom to spare and provided plenty of grunt, the Hiby had almost no headroom to spare and struggled a bit on songs with larger dynamic range (I can't remember which Hiby model this was, I think R3?), and the Hidizs AP80 just didn't have enough juice to drive the K702s.

Basically I wrote all of that to say that if you're looking for a basic DAC that sounds great, can handle hi-res, is user friendly, and has some real usable power, then the H2 is hard to beat, especially when you consider that it comes brand new from Amazon for $123 with an included 32gb sd card and a pair of decent sounding budget IEMs. The Surfans looks like it's basically the same player, but I have read some sources that say it uses a different DAC chip, may have less power, and has some differences in operation so I won't comment on it directly. Anyways, I hope this helps!

Edit: tagging @tomaster and @topdogg188 to make sure they see this post if they're interested.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #7,737 of 8,158
It's basically the same DAC, PCM510xA vs PCM5102 in the HiFi Walker, from what I can tell. I've actually had to keep myself from buying a H2, because I already have the F20. A close reading of the Audiophile Heaven review, and comparison between the two, leads me to believe that the difference in performance is marginal and would matter more on sensitive IEM's, and I have none.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #7,738 of 8,158
It's basically the same DAC, PCM510xA vs PCM5102 in the HiFi Walker, from what I can tell. I've actually had to keep myself from buying a H2, because I already have the F20. A close reading of the Audiophile Heaven review, and comparison between the two, leads me to believe that the difference in performance is marginal and would matter more on sensitive IEM's, and I have none.

I mentioned it because they seem like the same DAP and I would figure either one would work, but I noticed a few places where some differences were brought up so I figured it might be worth mentioning so people can research the potential differences and decide for themselves.

I haven't gone into looking at the differences myself so I'm not sure what they might be or what I personally think about how any claimed differences might effect listening.

From what I have seen from owners of the F20 reviewing it and the Amazon page it wounds like either the H2 or the F20 would be a good buy for the money. Though I have to mention that the H2 has a cutout in the bottom right corner that let me attach a lanyard to it which adds cool points IMO lol! 😉😎

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #7,739 of 8,158
Yeah, yeah... not a competition :sunglasses:

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #7,740 of 8,158
I have the H2 because I left my A&K Kann Alpha at home while touring so I needed a cheap DAP to use for a few months. The thing is, I ended up loving this thing. It has plenty of power to run my AKG K702s/Q701s for instance, the Burr-Brown DAC in it gives a nice detailed, smooth presentation with all my 24bit hi-res FLAC files, and the battery life is actually very good as well.

The OS is intuitive and easy to understand, it has all the basic options you expect a budget DAP to have, and the click wheel operation gives it a cool tactile retro feel that's fun. It's also important to note that the chassis are machined out of zinc alloy so the H2 feels nice and robust. Heck, you can even use it as a DAC through a USB port if you so desire.

When I first got the H2, I compared the sound and power available to a couple of budget and mid level DAPs my bandmates had around from Hidizs and Hiby. Soundwise its was just as detailed as any if the others with a little bit of added musicality compared to the more clinical sounding Hidizs as I remember. When it came to having enough power to drive some moderately demanding headphones like my K702s, the H2 had headroom to spare and provided plenty of grunt, the Hiby had almost no headroom to spare and struggled a bit on songs with larger dynamic range (I can't remember which Hiby model this was, I think R3?), and the Hidizs AP80 just didn't have enough juice to drive the K702s.

Basically I wrote all of that to say that if you're looking for a basic DAC that sounds great, can handle hi-res, is user friendly, and has some real usable power, then the H2 is hard to beat, especially when you consider that it comes brand new from Amazon for $123 with an included 32gb sd card and a pair of decent sounding budget IEMs. The Surfans looks like it's basically the same player, but I have read some sources that say it uses a different DAC chip, may have less power, and has some differences in operation so I won't comment on it directly. Anyways, I hope this helps!

Edit: tagging @tomaster and @topdogg188 to make sure they see this post if they're interested.
Both H2 and F20 lack USB C, that's a deal break for me sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back