Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jun 1, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #7,126 of 8,143
Is there an enlightened being on this forum that knows how to buy fiio m3 pro in europe ,from europe or china without custom taxes and at "aliexpress price"?

i guess i will have to wait for it to hopefully apear on amazon uk,but at what price nobody knows...

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #7,127 of 8,143
Is there an enlightened being on this forum that knows how to buy fiio m3 pro in europe ,from europe or china without custom taxes and at "aliexpress price"?

i guess i will have to wait for it to hopefully apear on amazon uk,but at what price nobody knows...

You could always ask the AliExpress seller to declare a lower value.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #7,128 of 8,143
You could always ask the AliExpress seller to declare a lower value.
you are right!but,the "no customs"price limit in greece is 22 euros.i was under the impresion that these days the nazistic policy of my country s customs is to pass most of the low price packages through customs clearance anyway,and still ask for credit card statement to prove that they are tax free...anyway or the other ,your advise is my best bet,i will have to take my chances and procced declaring the fiio m3 pro 20 euros on the package,i will now contact the sellers about this!thank you

EDIT:I DID IT,PLACED THE ORDER FOR FIIO M3 PRO WITH PRICE DECLARED 20 EUROS,LETS HOPE THAT THE GUYS AT THE CUSTOMS OFFICE ARE S-T-U-P-I-D,OR BETER YET,THAT THE PACKET WILL NOT PASS THROUGH CUSTOMS AT ALL)

out final problem with this dac is,no ****ing CUSTOM eq,YET.)FIIO GIVE US A FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!!

THANK YOU GUYS for always responding to my blah blah blah blah style.hahah

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #7,129 of 8,143
At this point I'm convinced that most people are better off using the cheapest phone they can find with expandable storage and a USB-C port, plugging in a dongle with verified performance, booting up UAPP or another music player with exclusive output and PEQ, and calling it a day.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #7,130 of 8,143
At this point I'm convinced that most people are better off using the cheapest phone they can find with expandable storage and a USB-C port, plugging in a dongle with verified performance, booting up UAPP or another music player with exclusive output and PEQ, and calling it a day.

Agreed! I think for price to performance ratio your advise is the best actually for good sound compared to a DAP. Stuff like the tempotec sonata HD Pro is quite affordable for good sound, and costs less than some DAPs even.

But I realized I still prefer to carry around a DAP cause my phone doesn't have enough memory for too many lossless music files, and sometimes it doesn't have enough battery too, as some of these dongles do drain quite a fair bit of battery. So much so I don't mind carrying 2 devices on the go for these reasons, but YMMV.

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #7,131 of 8,143
you are right!but,the "no customs"price limit in greece is 22 euros.i was under the impresion that these days the nazistic policy of my country s customs is to pass most of the low price packages through customs clearance anyway,and still ask for credit card statement to prove that they are tax free...anyway or the other ,your advise is my best bet,i will have to take my chances and procced declaring the fiio m3 pro 20 euros on the package,i will now contact the sellers about this!thank you

EDIT:I DID IT,PLACED THE ORDER FOR FIIO M3 PRO WITH PRICE DECLARED 20 EUROS,LETS HOPE THAT THE GUYS AT THE CUSTOMS OFFICE ARE S-T-U-P-I-D,OR BETER YET,THAT THE PACKET WILL NOT PASS THROUGH CUSTOMS AT ALL)

out final problem with this dac is,no ****ing CUSTOM eq,YET.)FIIO GIVE US A FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!!

THANK YOU GUYS for always responding to my blah blah blah blah style.hahah

Best of luck and there has already been a firmware update for the M3 Pro.

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #7,133 of 8,143
is tha true?firmware WITH custom eq???

This is what has been implemented or changed in the new firmware update:
FW1.0.9

1. Added the A-B repeat function(Go to Now Playing page->More operations->Start A-B Repeat to toggle it).

2. Added the Recording shortcut on the drop-down menu.

3. Added the function that the volume is adjustable on the M3 Pro while in the USB Audio output mode.

4. Fixed the issue where the quick searching function was invalid on the Browse Files menu.

5. Improved the boot animation display.

6. Fixed issues of potential system freeze and auto reboot.

7. Improved the USB DAC function.

8. Miscellaneous improvements on performance.

Jun 2, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #7,134 of 8,143
so i think these are ihmo our (-my- hahah) escential concerns about the fiio m3 pro

1:will there be firmware update with custom eq?super important for me.
2:is the ESS SABRE ES9218P apreciated as a good audiophile level dac/amp ,maybe compared to cirus cs4398.ak4493,various wolfson models,etc etc,so will the sound be realy good?
3:is there an "all songs playlist"mode with no file limit and shufle function?or just the boring folder view?
4:will it be able to drive something like 150 ohm headphones despite the 100 ohm max recomendation?anyway this is not that important <100ohm headphones there are plenty to choose from and buy...
5:will it work as a usb dac -with android phones- so that your cheap smartphone transforms into an audiophile beast?
and question:this thing does not show the album art?with this delicious tuch screen...strange
despite all that,all in all ,i have the feeling that this player wil turn out to be an AMAZING dap for the money and KING of that price range together with(or most propably better than) jwd jwm115.

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #7,136 of 8,143
Oh well zishan z3 updated tracking status and i might not be able to get a refound after all,if i receive it within 5 days the dispute djudgement says,so i have z3 and fiio m3 pro coming.obviously i will sell the zishan and keep m3 pro,it is a SABRE VS AK SITUATION HERE,but the m3 pro looks like much higher level dap anyway.

Jun 5, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #7,137 of 8,143
Oh well zishan z3 updated tracking status and i might not be able to get a refound after all,if i receive it within 5 days the dispute djudgement says,so i have z3 and fiio m3 pro coming.obviously i will sell the zishan and keep m3 pro,it is a SABRE VS AK SITUATION HERE,but the m3 pro looks like much higher level dap anyway.
The break through will happen when someone compares fiio m3 pro with jwd jwm 115.to see who is the best under 100 and have a golden standard in mind

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #7,138 of 8,143
Agreed! I think for price to performance ratio your advise is the best actually for good sound compared to a DAP. Stuff like the tempotec sonata HD Pro is quite affordable for good sound, and costs less than some DAPs even.

But I realized I still prefer to carry around a DAP cause my phone doesn't have enough memory for too many lossless music files, and sometimes it doesn't have enough battery too, as some of these dongles do drain quite a fair bit of battery. So much so I don't mind carrying 2 devices on the go for these reasons, but YMMV.
I myself love daps,i will never forget my first mp3 player,around 13 years old.
And these things have a cool touch screen these days!and sd card slot!
That being said i realy apreciate a dap with usb dac mode.so i have it all in one and transform my chepo smartphone.
These things being said That s why i have fiio m3 pro coming from ali....

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #7,139 of 8,143
Have you tried the MF-01 with a high impendance gear? The specs say they can drive up to 300Ω without needing an amp.
Very late reply but im running the Acmee MF-01 with my Sennheiser HD600 at the moment and i would not want to go over 75 volume. That is VERY loud. And the MF-01 drives the HD600 flawlessly according to my ears. I'ts loud, dynamic, smooth and detailed. The MF-01 definitely has an advantage over my NAD D3020 amp. I'ts faster, smoother and more detailed.

On the subject Acmee MF-01 i would not recommend the player since it's driving me slightly insane. It has an upper file/folder limit. I'm not sure how much or how it works but when i hit that limit the player behaves very laggy and odd. Almost unable to brows my files. And it rescans my library on every boot when i hit this limit and this scan takes forever to complete. I use a 128GB card and it's almost full.
They have yet to release a FW upgrade to support more than one folder in depth, if they ever will.
If you put a song on it with for example a Swedish character like ÅÄÖ (and probably more languages effected) it just stops reading after it hits this file. I had an album with a long name (Follow Him To The End Of The Desert - The Dalecarlian Book of the Dead) and the player freaked out.

Some albums i just cant put on it. I bought https://www.beatport.com/track/sophia-original-mix/13582600 and i just simply can't put that album on the player. If i do i get super long rescan of library on every boot.

I love the sound, simplicity and design of the player but with all these "bugs" i dont know how many hours i spent on trying to figure out what album is ****ing up my crap...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back