Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jul 28, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #6,226 of 8,143
Jul 28, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #6,227 of 8,143
Impressions please when you get it, I love the Zishan players. That T1 kind of reminds me of the Walnut V3...

I just bought it. Sounds like a winner, I’ll be a guinea pig! Love those Zishans, and this one seems weird and wonderful! They’ve set it up so it can easily be Rockboxed if you want, and replaceable DACs!! What?!? (Although I don’t see any alternate boards offered yet).

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #6,228 of 8,143
Impressions please when you get it, I love the Zishan players. That T1 kind of reminds me of the Walnut V3...
I’m kind of really excited by this one. It kind of has everything that I had hoped for in the progression of the Z/Walnut type players. I tried to download the Rockbox firmware, but I couldn’t quite understand how to do it. Hopefully, someone will be able to download it and post it for easier download.
It hasn’t shipped yet, which makes me believe that the stores might not actually have them yet in their physical possession.
I haven’t seen any replaceable modules pop up yet on Ali, so not sure if that really is a thing or not. Also, depending on how much room is in the case, might limit the opamp rolling. Haven’t these guys figured out that we like Burson’s yet? Haha.
Anyways, I’ll let you know what I think of it when I get it. Not too concerned about the quality of the screen, as long as it works. Even that little screen on the Z3 was enough for me on this type of player.

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #6,229 of 8,143
Sounds good, I know Walnut V3 killed the brand...Z3 screen was sufficient. Need a case that fits the Burson

I’m kind of really excited by this one. It kind of has everything that I had hoped for in the progression of the Z/Walnut type players. I tried to download the Rockbox firmware, but I couldn’t quite understand how to do it. Hopefully, someone will be able to download it and post it for easier download.
It hasn’t shipped yet, which makes me believe that the stores might not actually have them yet in their physical possession.
I haven’t seen any replaceable modules pop up yet on Ali, so not sure if that really is a thing or not. Also, depending on how much room is in the case, might limit the opamp rolling. Haven’t these guys figured out that we like Burson’s yet? Haha.
Anyways, I’ll let you know what I think of it when I get it. Not too concerned about the quality of the screen, as long as it works. Even that little screen on the Z3 was enough for me on this type of player.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #6,231 of 8,143
I grabbed a ziku x9 off eBay for 45 bucks (maybe could have been less on AliExpress but the shipping delay was rough) and I like it! Simple player with a good cs chip. Wasn’t too hard to change the language, and no issues with volume or firmware so far. Popped in an 8 dollar 32 meg chip and I’m off and running. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #6,232 of 8,143
I bought the Zishan T1, I couldn't stand the temptation. I just hope that its frequency response should be flat, because if the same thing happens as with the F.Audio XS03 or Ziku HD-X10, I resign from this hobby...

We started badly with the links to Baidu. Any way to be able to download the firmware from Europe without an account?

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #6,233 of 8,143
I bought the Zishan T1, I couldn't stand the temptation. I just hope that its frequency response should be flat, because if the same thing happens as with the F.Audio XS03 or Ziku HD-X10, I resign from this hobby...

We started badly with the links to Baidu. Any way to be able to download the firmware from Europe without an account?
@cqtek, please publish your FR findings on T1. Looks promising but seems the chassis is a reused from the failed Walnut v3. Except for the internal ckt.

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #6,234 of 8,143
@cqtek, please publish your FR findings on T1. Looks promising but seems the chassis is a reused from the failed Walnut v3. Except for the internal ckt.

I'll do it as soon as I get there, 10 to 15 days waiting, minimum.

Should I be worried that this is a "descendant" of the failed walnut v3?

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #6,235 of 8,143

If you want to play it safe, grab the dsd, sorry to hear you invested in the f.audio, I wanted to get it but after reading in the Russian forums I understood there wasn't a point, and the ziku I almost got it too but I tend not to buy anything until it gets a review, maybe you should've waited a bit, as far as I have understood there's alot of bugs, in this hobby it's always better to wait, I lost on a few bad investments (fiio, audio Technica, and a couple mainstream companies) mainly because I didn't wait for a review or simply believed the marketing ( I know, I'm an idiot for trust marketing) but I found headfi, started asking alot of questions, waited for reviews and haven't been disappointed so far

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #6,236 of 8,143
If you want to play it safe, grab the dsd, sorry to hear you invested in the f.audio, I wanted to get it but after reading in the Russian forums I understood there wasn't a point, and the ziku I almost got it too but I tend not to buy anything until it gets a review, maybe you should've waited a bit, as far as I have understood there's alot of bugs, in this hobby it's always better to wait, I lost on a few bad investments (fiio, audio Technica, and a couple mainstream companies) mainly because I didn't wait for a review or simply believed the marketing ( I know, I'm an idiot for trust marketing) but I found headfi, started asking alot of questions, waited for reviews and haven't been disappointed so far

It's true what you say, but there is nothing more disastrous that the DAP response is not flat, the rest can be fixed...You mean the T1 already comes with a lot of bugs?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #6,238 of 8,143
I'll do it as soon as I get there, 10 to 15 days waiting, minimum.

Should I be worried that this is a "descendant" of the failed walnut v3?
I really doubt that it's related to the v3 just because it has a similar generic "project box" case, zishan and walnut tend to be very different

And they both don't bother with design, the just use cheap generic easily bought metal project box, I can find similar ones here, or pretty much anywhere

And zishan gives updates and walnut doesn't

I don't think the are the same people but I am sure one copied the other

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back