Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jul 18, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #6,184 of 8,144
HI Right now I am using my LG G7 as my Phone and my "DAP" But i want to move up, especially since my next phone probably wont have a 3,5 mm jack so i am preparing in advance.

Is the Shanling m0,m2x or the Hidizs ap80 worth it?
I want something that has better sound quality and the ability to tune the sound to how I like it ( Custom EQ).
the m2x seems to be the biggest upgrade because the other 2 have the same Dac as the LG G7.

Thanks

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #6,185 of 8,144
with which dap did you evaluate/tested/preferred it?
how many hours of playback with a recharge?
Support hibylink?
Thank you.
Check out the cayin n3 thread on here. It really is a top notch player. Reviews on YouTube and multiple reviews just Google. The SQ reminds me of my Cowon X5/X7.

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #6,186 of 8,144
Update on the Tempotec V1-A: I got a shure "travel kit" that has a 3.5mm volume control adapter and it works great! So now, I can use my Hidizs MS4 having the Tempotec V1-A at 1% of its audio output and use the shure adapter to lower the volume shall it be too high (This is track-dependent).

This adapter does not have the audio quality reduction that I've been having with the IFI Ear Buddy, and I suspect the battery life of the Tempotec will be higher since I don't have to up the volume anymore.

Now, I can truly feel the power and amazing sound of the AK4377ECB DAC this Tempotec has. Sounds wonderful!

Jul 21, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #6,188 of 8,144
HI Right now I am using my LG G7 as my Phone and my "DAP" But i want to move up, especially since my next phone probably wont have a 3,5 mm jack so i am preparing in advance.

Is the Shanling m0,m2x or the Hidizs ap80 worth it?
I want something that has better sound quality and the ability to tune the sound to how I like it ( Custom EQ).
the m2x seems to be the biggest upgrade because the other 2 have the same Dac as the LG G7.

Thanks

I'm a big fan of the AP80, and everyone who ive seen who has it and any of the others on your list says the sq of the AP80 is better.
MSEB allows you to customise the sound a ton, great feature.
they also finally released the FW to fix the hissing problem with dsd files it use to have.
Ive had my orginial one from kickstarter when it first launched for ages, and bought another for a friend.
A lot of people can't get past how bad their customer service was, (shipping times for kickstarters was delayed quite a bit with no communication) and they took ages to fix the dsd hiss, but the software is great and the product is the best value from what ive seen.

Jul 21, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #6,190 of 8,144
I'm a big fan of the AP80, and everyone who ive seen who has it and any of the others on your list says the sq of the AP80 is better.
MSEB allows you to customise the sound a ton, great feature.
they also finally released the FW to fix the hissing problem with dsd files it use to have.
Ive had my orginial one from kickstarter when it first launched for ages, and bought another for a friend.
A lot of people can't get past how bad their customer service was, (shipping times for kickstarters was delayed quite a bit with no communication) and they took ages to fix the dsd hiss, but the software is great and the product is the best value from what ive seen.
Is it better than the shanling m2x? Because shanling m0 and hidizs ap80 has the same dac as the lg g7 I'm afraid it wont be much of a difference.

Jul 21, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #6,191 of 8,144
Is it better than the shanling m2x? Because shanling m0 and hidizs ap80 has the same dac as the lg g7 I'm afraid it wont be much of a difference.

same DAC doesn't mean it will sound the same, every manufacture do their own tuning...however might have slight similarities.
m2x will sound most different i think from the rest, because it has analog type design, and more power.

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #6,192 of 8,144
Hi all,

I have walnut v2s that goes thru nx1s. I also hook the nx1s.

I'm planning to purchase another dap, nothing expensive, but what would be considered a worthy upgrade from the current devices that i have?

I am currently inclined towards Temptec V1-A.

Please help.

Thank you all!

Jul 21, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #6,193 of 8,144
Never thought there were great DAP at cheap price until I found this thread. Interested with Aigo Z6 Pro. Is it good?

Jul 21, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #6,194 of 8,144
same DAC doesn't mean it will sound the same, every manufacture do their own tuning...however might have slight similarities.
m2x will sound most different i think from the rest, because it has analog type design, and more power.
Is the Hiby R3 good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back