Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jul 14, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #5,056 of 8,143
Given Aigo's history I thought I was safe too. How did you measure your dap's output impedance out of interest, I'd like to confirm that it's really 100ohms, (even though the physical manual that it comes with claims this.)
Would that impedance likely cause massive background noise?
it might be bad because of the O.I., or just bad...
I just had another go using it today, it's a really beautiful dap, the noise is still there. This is the last response I got from Joybuy, somewhat more hopeful. I also just realised that the backing of the player is just plastic, not glass like I thought it was. This may be easier to open than I thought.
I used a multimeter, my measurements matched (with some tolerance, + - 0.2/0.3) the ones made before by @cqtek about F. Audio S1 and Ruizu A50 HD that we both own. Cqtek measured 100ohm on Zishan Z3. As told before, my Aigo dap is z6pro, with 4ohm of O.I.
As far as I remember, nobody of Zishan Z3 users ever complain about a high background noise, so I think the issue of your M1 is not related to its high O.I.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #5,057 of 8,143
Sounds strange to me that Aigo released a so low quality Dap, I have Z6pro and it is very good, as far as I know it's first time I hear output impedance in the tech features list, it should be always shown.
Yes 100ohm is too high and may alter frequency response of some Iems (not always, many users of Zishan z3 are happy with SQ despite its out impedance is 100ohm also) My z6pro has around 4ohm, measured by me, so it matches nice with my UE900S 32ohm.
I have F. Audio S1 also, good as described, but I never heard noises with any genre, including ambient. I had XS01, same manufacturer, that made ticking noise with ambient, but S1 absolutely not. S1's out impedance around 9ohm, not low but not too high.

Oh, you have the Z6 Pro? So I assume its not really a new model from Aigo? Looks quite sleek too, if not much more than the AK-ish design of M1.

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #5,059 of 8,143
Hello guys. I'm relatively new to the dap scene and I've always wanted to purchase one to save my phone's battery life. What are the decent daps under 70$ that have a decent screen for displaying album cover?
what kind of headphones will you use?

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #5,061 of 8,143
So my wife is getting sick of the UI problems with her fiio x1 mk2 and she took my zishan z3, loves it, said she wants to sell the fiio and wants a good diy player,do any of you guys have the f.audio/xunsound xs-01, and could compare to the zishan z3 or f.audio s1? Got a chance to grab one used for about 40 but not sure if it's a step up or not

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #5,062 of 8,143
So my wife is getting sick of the UI problems with her fiio x1 mk2 and she took my zishan z3, loves it, said she wants to sell the fiio and wants a good diy player,do any of you guys have the f.audio/xunsound xs-01, and could compare to the zishan z3 or f.audio s1? Got a chance to grab one used for about 40 but not sure if it's a step up or not
I have xs01, sounds great with huge out power (even too high) the UI is simple to use, but has not gapless play and resume play (the last quite annoying) and mine has an awful ticking noise listening to ambient or similar rhythm-less genres with strong bass sound. With pop-rock, trance, electro ebm etc ticking is almost masked so could go with it.
I may suggest the S1, have it and is also nice sounding, good power out not "dangerous" as xs01, lesser dynamic than xs01, same UI and resume play (no gapless), smaller and long battery life, 30+ hours (xs01 around 6-7) it also has Bluetooth and of course no ticking!!

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #5,063 of 8,143
I have xs01, sounds great with huge out power (even too high) the UI is simple to use, but has not gapless play and resume play (the last quite annoying) and mine has an awful ticking noise listening to ambient or similar rhythm-less genres with strong bass sound. With pop-rock, trance, electro ebm etc ticking is almost masked so could go with it.
I may suggest the S1, have it and is also nice sounding, good power out not "dangerous" as xs01, lesser dynamic than xs01, same UI and resume play (no gapless), smaller and long battery life, 30+ hours (xs01 around 6-7) it also has Bluetooth and of course no ticking!!
I have the s1, and yes it is nice, she just wants to try something more diy, she heard my zishan z3 with muses8920 and opa1622 and asked if I could get her something similar. But if xs-01 has a lot of problems, guess I will keep searching

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #5,065 of 8,143
I have sold my Fiio X3II and am interested in buying a F.Audio XS02. My wish is the Xduoo X20 but I am currently not able to spend more than € 200. Nobody has bought it around here yet?
I know a russian youtube audio reviewer that has it.

Turn on Youtube auto translate and take a look.

In other news, my quest for what the heck is going on with my Aigo M1 means I got a phone number to call the AIGO manufacturers. Wish me luck.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #5,066 of 8,143
Jul 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #5,069 of 8,143
im going to b selling my zishan z3. i find on all my speakers / headphones you have to turn the bass down from 100% to 66% before it stops distorting

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #5,070 of 8,143
My Mrobo c5 gave up the ghost this morning. It finished playing an album of billy Joel and now it won't turn on no matter what I do. it's had a good life. I'm stuck with the Aigo Noisebox M1 now lol. I got another email address to contact aigo with, maybe I'll get somewhere this time.

Or maybe I should stop experimenting with obscure daps and just get a cayin n3. N3 vs Shanling m0 anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back