Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jul 24, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #5,073 of 8,121
Had a Shanling M3s, got the R3 today, have an R6. Infact i've had a boat load of Daps but keep going back to the ATC HDA-DP20, sounds fantastic, plenty of power, great fast UI. The only Dap I prefered soundwise was a cowon plenue m2 but I couldn't justify keeping it at the price.

Also to note the ATC HDA-DP20 is exactly the same as a Xuelin ihifi990 (just slightly different case in black instead of silver. I've done firmwares for them both here on head-fi)
Also you can get the nice xuelin ihifi leather case that fits the ATC perfectly.

ATC HDA-DP20 looks really interesting..i got my hiby R3 for some time now, the UI is great but the sound feels more processed and digital than natural or organic..heck my previews x3ii sometimes sounded more grounded..but still good SQ.

im hoping ATC HDA-DP20 sounds more natural and linear..does it?
also what about ATC HDA-DP10? specs wise looks good

Jul 25, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #5,074 of 8,121
for 25$ is benjie s5 the best dap?
(can't get my hands on agptek m20 in my country)

Jul 25, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #5,075 of 8,121
I'd also consider Benjie K3 (Agptek m29). Same insides, but with physical buttons instead of touch controls.

Jul 25, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #5,076 of 8,121
Sounds strange to me that Aigo released a so low quality Dap
I have mp3 108 with the problem of the volume wheel. It works to increase the volume but almost does not decrease the volume. Had to disassemble the player as the soldering part on the wheel was done good for nothing. Fortunately I've managed to fix it. As per the model reviews more than 30% of this very model have a similar issue.

Jul 25, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #5,077 of 8,121
It does not play half of my flac (44/16) files somehow. T6 plays them all no problem. And it's the same microSD card. It's better to save some money and buy Benjie T6, install the Rockbox and have fun as (IMO) this is the best bang for the buck. I have much more expensive players and still I am satisfied with the SQ of T6 in street conditions. It is light. It can play almost anything. And with the Rockbox you can play with sound settings and find the sound you are satisfied with.

Jul 25, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #5,078 of 8,121
ATC HDA-DP20 looks really interesting..i got my hiby R3 for some time now, the UI is great but the sound feels more processed and digital than natural or organic..heck my previews x3ii sometimes sounded more grounded..but still good SQ.

im hoping ATC HDA-DP20 sounds more natural and linear..does it?
also what about ATC HDA-DP10? specs wise looks good
Yes, the DP20 sound is exquisite - very natural and transparent. The biggest drawback for me is the lack of a balanced output but if you only use SE then it's one of the better options out there for a mid-level DAP.

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #5,079 of 8,121
anyone pick up the dodocool DAP?
worth it?

Jul 26, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #5,080 of 8,121
IMG_20180726_184417.jpg My Mrobo magically started working again, and my Benjie K3 arrived yesterday. It's a really good looking well built thing. The sound quality is on par with the Mrobo C5 but without the drop in low frequency the C5 has.it has less white background noise than the Mrobo, but when you put it at 0 volume playing off the SD card it had a tiny little noise akin to a something scraping a digital rotating wheel. This isn't a problem when playing off the internal storage however. It's an insanely quiet noise though, not noticeable unless you are a serious nitpicker with low imp. Iems listening to classical music with young ears. Other than that it's a stunning dap, the UI is really good even with a tiny screen. Maybe sounds a little better than the mrobo C5. Ill try reformatting the card in the k3 to stop the noise IMG_20180726_184619.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #5,081 of 8,121
i left a 2 star review for zishan z3. customer service ignores most questions, gave me a crap refund. it distorts like crazy when u eq it. i will be doing a youtube review as well. aliexpress return policy sucks

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #5,085 of 8,121
cost around $100 tnxx will look onto it deeper
any other thoughts? it would actually be helpful if you guys could put up the best daps on each price tier lets say
sub $40
sub $60
sub $100
or whatever you think is the best for a certain price
Well I don't know what best are but from what I have I enjoy the f.audio s1($45-60) I have the zishan z3($50) fiio x1 gen 2 (peice of crap, freezez every hour of playback) Walnut v2( awesome at around $30) and zishan z1.

F.audio is awesome, has some electronic noises in some songs( usually if it gets quiet between beat changes or in the beginning of songs when the beat is starting to build up) but in general it's great, -+30 hours playback, great sound, had for a month and hasn't froozen once
Zishan z3 rocks with a muses 8920 or lm6172 opamps and upgraded caps( this player is best if you upgrade it a bit)
Fiio x1 gen 2 sounds good but freezes ever time I look at it and takes forever to refresh the library, scrollwheel too sensitive ( I don't recommend this at all, complete rip off,$ 100 and zishan and f.audio wipe the floor with it, trash)
Walnut v2 is great no complains, has rolled off highs and lows but mids are really good, roll off not so bad when used like and amp, has power, like allot of power, makes for a good cheap amp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back