Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 5, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #4,172 of 8,143
Greetings...
New to this thread and am looking for a relatively small DAP for workouts.

First, curious mostly... is there any difference between the AGPTEK H50 and the RUIZU A50? They seem identical.
Second, other than these and the Shanling M1, what else is out there for this use? (I've looked at the Hidizs AP60, and it seems like a good unit. Lotoo PAW 5000 and Pico are great, but have drawbacks. xDuoo Nano D3 great, but may be a bit big...)

Looking for expandable memory, ability to play up to 24/96k res in multiple formats (AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, etc.), gapless playback, small (less than 3" x 2" x 0.6"), around 50g or 60g, and... if at all possible, a clip for workouts (can't use armbands).

Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks!!

Cayin N3 should be on your list as it checks a lot of the boxes for a lot of us.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #4,174 of 8,143
Cayin N3 should be on your list as it checks a lot of the boxes for a lot of us.

Thanks... I agree.
Being that I already have a couple DAPs that are that size or smaller (DX-90 and Onkyo DP-S1), I really need something much smaller, for workouts.

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #4,175 of 8,143
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #4,177 of 8,143
I'm not a cat person so what is a Hep Cat and why should you want to filter it?

Old hipster/jazz term. The coolest of the cool.

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #4,178 of 8,143
Can someone compare SQ of xunsound 01 and f audio s1? the spec almost identical

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #4,179 of 8,143
Thanks for all the replies to my questions.

Just purchased the Hidizs AP60... $30 off coupon still good, so it's mine, in grey, for $100. Prime 'free' two-day shipping, should be in my hands on Tuesday.
Jazzed... I can't wait to dump my Sansa Clip Sport thing, and listen to some hi-res, quality sounds while working out. :L3000:

Cheers!

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #4,180 of 8,143
Hello,

I have some questions regarding the FA1, appreciate if you can help:

1) Can it be used as a USB DAC (laptop > fa1 > amp > hp)? If yes,what is the limit on DSD tracks (khz/bitrate)? Have you tried it and confirm that it is working OK? Do you need a special cable?
2) I am planning to try/buy it from a physical store in Beijing - can you recommend one?
3) If I buy the Chinese version can I change the menu to English - does it require a firmware update?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #4,181 of 8,143
Hello,

I have some questions regarding the FA1, appreciate if you can help:

1) Can it be used as a USB DAC (laptop > fa1 > amp > hp)? If yes,what is the limit on DSD tracks (khz/bitrate)? Have you tried it and confirm that it is working OK? Do you need a special cable?
2) I am planning to try/buy it from a physical store in Beijing - can you recommend one?
3) If I buy the Chinese version can I change the menu to English - does it require a firmware update?

Thanks in advance!

1) No, it cannot be used as a USB DAC.
2) I have no idea.
3) Yes, you can change the language to English or any other major languages.

I hope this helps.

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #4,183 of 8,143
It said ‘2nd generation’. So I’m assuming, yes. But as for a bass roll-off comparison with the older model... that I can’t do. I can compare it to my other DAPs.

Cheers

Jan 8, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #4,184 of 8,143
Seems like YinLvMei company, the manufacturer of a very promising (and sweet sounding according to the impressions of lucky and very few users, whose DAPs did not die) but now discontinued A1 DAP, releases the new D1 DAP on January 12 in China. 2xAK 4495SEQ, a couple of 3.5mm phone balanced/single-ended outs, a couple of 3.5mm line balanced/single-ended outs, and a 2.5mm balanced phone out will make you never want to unplug your IEMs for sure (if not for the SQ than not to confuse the inputs:) They will sell it at about 285$, so the D1 is the D200 renewal/replacement, I guess

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #4,185 of 8,143
Seems like YinLvMei company, the manufacturer of a very promising (and sweet sounding according to the impressions of lucky and very few users, whose DAPs did not die) but now discontinued A1 DAP, releases the new D1 DAP on January 12 in China. 2xAK 4495SEQ, a couple of 3.5mm phone balanced/single-ended outs, a couple of 3.5mm line balanced/single-ended outs, and a 2.5mm balanced phone out will make you never want to unplug your IEMs for sure (if not for the SQ than not to confuse the inputs:) They will sell it at about 285$, so the D1 is the D200 renewal/replacement, I guess

Now that looks interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back