Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 29, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #1,681 of 8,158
Hi all.

OK, So I'm not sure what to go for.  I'm not looking for anything expensive, but at least decent.  I have looked at Newsmy G1, Hidizs AP60, NiNTAUS X10, FiiO M3

The NiNTAUS X10 is probably the most interesting to me.  And since battery life is somewhat important to me, it's off to a good start, and it comes with a microSD which is a bonus.
Newsmy G1, I'm kind of leaning towards this one but I need opinions.  Battery life is more than acceptable I think.
Hidizs AP60 looks to be one of the better options in terms of a more present company (i.e. able to find a website and therefore firmware more easily i guess?).  But I don't need bluetooth, and the battery-life is not looking too hot.
FiiO M3 well, it is FiiO.  Was looking at the X1, but maybe the M3 is all I need, and I think M3 battery is better anyhow (not checking facts).

So I think I've already decided to not go for the Hidizs AP60.  And naturally the FiiO is probably the "right" choice.  But I'm interested to know anything more on the Newsmy G1 particularly.  Or is the NiNTAUS a good choice?  Otherwise I guess I'll just go for the FiiO unless I'm convinced otherwise.

Please take note that I am currently using a rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip.  I'm quite happy with it, but I've been using it for 3.5 years now and although there aren't any signs of it giving-in - even battery-wise - it's just a matter of time.  And if it's still a few more years, well..perhaps I can justify a change due to boredom..

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #1,683 of 8,158
I believe Fiio is more entry level than other players you've mention so it won't probably be that big upgrade over Sansa.
Also what ear/headphones do you use?
Consider Xduoo X3, it's nice and has many strong sides.

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,685 of 8,158
  Hi all.

OK, So I'm not sure what to go for.  I'm not looking for anything expensive, but at least decent.  I have looked at Newsmy G1, Hidizs AP60, NiNTAUS X10, FiiO M3

The NiNTAUS X10 is probably the most interesting to me.  And since battery life is somewhat important to me, it's off to a good start, and it comes with a microSD which is a bonus.
Newsmy G1, I'm kind of leaning towards this one but I need opinions.  Battery life is more than acceptable I think.
Hidizs AP60 looks to be one of the better options in terms of a more present company (i.e. able to find a website and therefore firmware more easily i guess?).  But I don't need bluetooth, and the battery-life is not looking too hot.
FiiO M3 well, it is FiiO.  Was looking at the X1, but maybe the M3 is all I need, and I think M3 battery is better anyhow (not checking facts).

So I think I've already decided to not go for the Hidizs AP60.  And naturally the FiiO is probably the "right" choice.  But I'm interested to know anything more on the Newsmy G1 particularly.  Or is the NiNTAUS a good choice?  Otherwise I guess I'll just go for the FiiO unless I'm convinced otherwise.

Please take note that I am currently using a rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip.  I'm quite happy with it, but I've been using it for 3.5 years now and although there aren't any signs of it giving-in - even battery-wise - it's just a matter of time.  And if it's still a few more years, well..perhaps I can justify a change due to boredom..

Hi, if you just need a music player to play muisc and replace Sansa Clip, the four in your list are probably all OK. If battery life is the noly matter, go with the one you like.

But if you already have a good earphone and want to have a taste of audiophile, try Xduoo X3(~$80) or X10(~$150). The Hi-Fi players usually don't have long battery life, ~10 hours in average. It needs power to have a high performance.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #1,687 of 8,158
There is a link to the mini in this thread but I don't know if he has stock right now maybe the same eBay seller of the zishan did has the mini or under request possibly

Currently not for sale but here's the link;

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32631884685.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32631884685&productSubject=HIFI-fever-nondestructive-portable-music-player-DIY-FLAC-APE-MP3-WAV-192K-24B&scm=1007.13338.47322.0&pvid=f4d30d6e-e197-446c-895a-a3c9fe663513&tpp=1&aff_platform=aaf&sk=VnYZvQVf%3A&cpt=1480471598294&dp=811fb8efd1797c38f5ca9e6de5d0289e&af=240682&cv=47843&afref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.head-fi.org%2Ft%2F720512%2Fobscure-chinese-daps%2F1380&aff_trace_key=c187b0e12ae44921bb8ef34ff62eda59-1480471598294-03667-VnYZvQVf

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #1,688 of 8,158
I believe Fiio is more entry level than other players you've mention so it won't probably be that big upgrade over Sansa.
Also what ear/headphones do you use?
Consider Xduoo X3, it's nice and has many strong sides.

Hi, if you just need a music player to play muisc and replace Sansa Clip, the four in your list are probably all OK. If battery life is the noly matter, go with the one you like.

But if you already have a good earphone and want to have a taste of audiophile, try Xduoo X3(~$80) or X10(~$150). The Hi-Fi players usually don't have long battery life, ~10 hours in average. It needs power to have a high performance.

I hear you!
I'm mostly switching between the Dunus listed in my signature.

What about FiiO X1 - would you still say Xduoo X3?

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #1,690 of 8,158
The only review for the Nintaus I have seen is in Russian, but my browser can translate it. What is the problem with the UI of it, o' poster whose name I cannot remember? 
redface.gif

The Russian review is here http://mysku.ru/blog/china-stores/46812.html

Is the UI for the AP60 a whole lot better? It's on sale at the moment 
Does anyone have both? 

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #1,691 of 8,158
Oh gosh, after a lot of reading I'm now actually leaning toward the Hidisz AP60.  Even with the bluetooth and whatnot that I don't need, it's looking good.  Basically, from what I've read and because of the price it seems like a good option even over the Xduoo X3.  Unless it's not?  But thanks for helping direct me in a better direction.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #1,692 of 8,158
  The only review for the Nintaus I have seen is in Russian, but my browser can translate it. What is the problem with the UI of it, o' poster whose name I cannot remember? 
redface.gif

The Russian review is here http://mysku.ru/blog/china-stores/46812.html

Is the UI for the AP60 a whole lot better? It's on sale at the moment 
Does anyone have both? 

It's awkward and cumbersome and there's a delay when starting playback/switching tracks. If not for those things it could have been a contender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back