Obscure Chinese DAPs
Apr 12, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #7,666 of 8,143
Apr 12, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #7,667 of 8,143
How is it?

I have the fa4 in the way, itchin to get my grubby mitts on it :)

It's a neutral sounding. I actually prefer this kind of tuning since most of my sources are ESS powered DACs. Powerful that it can drive my Musehifi with ease.

Apr 12, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #7,668 of 8,143
It's a neutral sounding. I actually prefer this kind of tuning since most of my sources are ESS powered DACs. Powerful that it can drive my Musehifi with ease.
Nice, how is the ui?

Is it intuitive? Easy to navigate and arrange playlists?

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #7,671 of 8,143
how the new xDuoo X2S?

i need dap until 100$
As long as you can put up with its minor flaws (listed below) and don't plan on using it in sunshine (impossible to read the display), it's quite a pleasant miniature DAP.

Default EQ is punchy, so it's ideal for song ballads and live concert recordings. Don't expect it to give you every audible detail in a track.
Battery is socketed, if it dies just swap it out. Can be used as a computer USB DAC.

I use it with FLACs, the album files appear in chronological order (in folder view).

Minor flaws: Takes ages to read a MicroSD card, then needs another scan before it settles down. Mine has a volume bug where pressing the -volume button can occasionally raise the volume instead or restart a track. This fault may just be on my DAP though.

Despite those issues, I really like the audio from it.

------

I've therefore been looking for a DAP that can be used in the sunshine. I've struck eBay gold finding a new in box Korean market, Samsung Yepp YP R0 from 2009-ish for £40 ($52 USD).

It plays most of my FLACs and reads any 128GB MicroSDXC card, formatted to FAT32. I've already gone for a EQ preset that sounds like the xDuoo x2s default.

I'll probably hijack an old YP R0 thread to share more of my thoughts on the device. It's not perfect, but there's nothing decent on the market within Europe that has that functionality and tactile controls for that price right now.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #7,672 of 8,143
Nice, how is the ui?

Is it intuitive? Easy to navigate and arrange playlists?
The UI is a bit clunky and outdated, reminds me of my early 2000s cheap MP3/MP4 player.

May 1, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #7,674 of 8,143
Can anyone help with a working link to download the latest firmware for Ruizu A50? Thank you
A couple of years ago I emailed Penon Audio and they sent me Firmware for my A50 as an attachment but, unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to install as my A50 didn’t recognise it as even being on the SD Card. Links I’d used previously for Firmware updates no longer work.

May 1, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #7,675 of 8,143
Can anyone help with a working link to download the latest firmware for Ruizu A50? Thank you

I google it, and found a Chinese website contain all Ruizu firmwares, you need to enter this password : ljyngup and click the bottom icon under to access the download page. You can find the A50 firmware at the bottom. Then, click the link and proceed to next page, Then, it bring you to the next page with 3 "servers" that you can download the firmware, choose any one of it. In case there is a pop up saying something wrong, need verification, just neglect it and click the bottom icon, and firmware should begin to download. I don't know if this is the one you need, so just take it at your own risk, good luck !

https://www.lanzoui.com/b571273

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #7,677 of 8,143
I google it, and found a Chinese website contain all Ruizu firmwares, you need to enter this password : ljyngup and click the bottom icon under to access the download page. You can find the A50 firmware at the bottom. Then, click the link and proceed to next page, Then, it bring you to the next page with 3 "servers" that you can download the firmware, choose any one of it. In case there is a pop up saying something wrong, need verification, just neglect it and click the bottom icon, and firmware should begin to download. I don't know if this is the one you need, so just take it at your own risk, good luck !

https://www.lanzoui.com/b571273
Interesting. I don’t use my A50 anymore so I had nothing to loose. I eventually ended up with two sets of updates both dated to August 2017 but different days. Only one would install but I can’t see any difference to the version I already had except this is definitely older.

May 1, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #7,678 of 8,143
Interesting. I don’t use my A50 anymore so I had nothing to loose. I eventually ended up with two sets of updates both dated to August 2017 but different days. Only one would install but I can’t see any difference to the version I already had except this is definitely older.

I take a look at the files, one fw saying is for "new screen", the other one is for "old screen" in Chinese, and I have no idea what it mean. Sadly this is not the latest one !

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #7,679 of 8,143
Hello everyone. Asking for advice/recommendation.

Currently I'm have Colorfly C3 as my portable DAP and it's still working great to this day. Now that I have spare money to spend, I wonder if there is a good DAP in price range $50-$200 that could be an upgrade for Colorfly C3. I really love the sound of C3, so similar sound signature would be preferable. I only drive a couple of iems and one 250 ohm Beyerdynamic headphone. Not asking much about the feature. I only need one that could drive my headphone without amp. The one with minimal feature is very fine, whenever it could play a high res is not on my priority. The C3 is very portable but I'm okay with one that not so portable.

Please drop the recommendation if you have. Thank you.

May 12, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #7,680 of 8,143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back