Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 18, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #3,736 of 8,127
I feel like I missed a conversation somewhere, so apologies if I did. I wondered where the info about the firmware comes from, and what are we looking at in those photos? is it a mix of new and old models?
Comes from product description and also these are all new models - you can see the new xduoo nano d2, the new xduoo x20 and the updated version of the xduoo x10, and also some new dacs and amps in one of the pics.

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,737 of 8,127
YK23ITjiUhg.jpg

What's that odd-shaped oval one with the large hole in one end?

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #3,738 of 8,127
Micro review of the Moonlight Box F107

TB2qjZUirFkpuFjy1XcXXclapXa_!!595389613.jpg

I bought this device from JoyBuy.com for US$19.16.
It looks good on the picture but it's all creaky plastic and the buttons work badly.
It also came with a 100% drained battery.
When I charged it and switched it on it showed a chinese menu with no language option at all. Only after putting in a SD card the menu was triggered that let me change the language.
Weird user interface.
As a plus it has variable speet play and a custom equalizer setting.
It now and then shows cover art but when it does it's so small it's hardly recognisable.
I had no problems indexing the 16GB SD card.

The sound is quite decent. V shaped with impactful bass but a bit elevated highs which makes it a little bit sibilant.
Now and then the music (320kbps mp3) stutters heavily for a second or two. The same goes for .flac files.
If you can't even play .mp3's reliably you know it's rubbish.

All 'n 'all I advise you to stay away from this one.
You can get way better for the money (Benjie, Onn, Ruizu and the likes).

I like their choice of song title in the promo photo LOL

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #3,739 of 8,127
Comes from product description and also these are all new models - you can see the new xduoo nano d2, the new xduoo x20 and the updated version of the xduoo x10, and also some new dacs and amps in one of the pics.
Thanks. Is there a blog or tech news site for this? I couldn't see anything on the xduoo website. I did email them to ask about gapless on the Nano D3, but I doubt they will reply until sometime next week.

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #3,740 of 8,127
I like their choice of song title in the promo photo LOL
Me too. I even thought about it to write something about it.
But for the money it's not THAT bad, lol.

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #3,743 of 8,127
Just received my Walnut V3, not impressed. It sounds ok but the loud pop between tracks is a killer
The pop must be the cracking of the walnut :wink:

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #3,744 of 8,127
What?! I ordered the 1more E1001 IEMs from JoyBuy.com.
The tracking code shows the package was announced but that Bpost didn't pick up the package. It has been a month since then and the status hasn't changed.

After some messages in which they told me to wait patiently they gave the following reply (see below).

Me: Since the carrier didn't pick up the package, at least it seems that way from the tracking code, they won't be able to give any useful information. How long do I have to wait until JoyBuy decides the package is lost and cancel the order with a refund (or better resend)? 2017-11-16 15:34:40

Seller: Dear customer, as all the orders should be placed by customers and processed in our system automatically, we are not able to resend the order. Regarding your order 56537715424, the seller will confirm compensation around December 14 if the document proving that the parcel is not delivered from your local Post Office with a seal on it is provided. The refund can be processed then. Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day. Sabrina. 2017-11-17 7:10:26

Me: You wrote : "the seller will confirm compensation around December 14 if the document proving that the parcel is not delivered from your local Post Office with a seal on it is provided. The refund can be processed then.". !! You mean I have to get a document proving the package was not delivered?!!!! That while it isn't even picked up?!! I seriously hope I misunderstood.2017-11-21 17:20:21

Seller: Dear customer.Regarding your order56537715424.we are deeply to inform you that you really need to provide the document proving that the parcel is not delivered from your local post with a seal on it in order to address your compensation soon. Thank you.Have a nice day.Sea.

Me : So, while the tracking code clearly states the package hasn't even been picked up it is me that has to prove I didn't receive the package??? Well, that will be my last order from JoyBuy then.

Back to AliExpress then and take my loss.
It was me who started to promote them here so it's good it's also me to warn you to be ware.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #3,745 of 8,127
What?! I ordered the 1more E1001 IEMs from JoyBuy.com.
The tracking code shows the package was announced but that Bpost didn't pick up the package. It has been a month since then and the status hasn't changed.

After some messages in which they told me to wait patiently they gave the following reply (see below).

Me: Since the carrier didn't pick up the package, at least it seems that way from the tracking code, they won't be able to give any useful information. How long do I have to wait until JoyBuy decides the package is lost and cancel the order with a refund (or better resend)? 2017-11-16 15:34:40

Seller: Dear customer, as all the orders should be placed by customers and processed in our system automatically, we are not able to resend the order. Regarding your order 56537715424, the seller will confirm compensation around December 14 if the document proving that the parcel is not delivered from your local Post Office with a seal on it is provided. The refund can be processed then. Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day. Sabrina. 2017-11-17 7:10:26

Me: You wrote : "the seller will confirm compensation around December 14 if the document proving that the parcel is not delivered from your local Post Office with a seal on it is provided. The refund can be processed then.". !! You mean I have to get a document proving the package was not delivered?!!!! That while it isn't even picked up?!! I seriously hope I misunderstood.2017-11-21 17:20:21

Seller: Dear customer.Regarding your order56537715424.we are deeply to inform you that you really need to provide the document proving that the parcel is not delivered from your local post with a seal on it in order to address your compensation soon. Thank you.Have a nice day.Sea.

Me : So, while the tracking code clearly states the package hasn't even been picked up it is me that has to prove I didn't receive the package??? Well, that will be my last order from JoyBuy then.

Back to AliExpress then and take my loss.
It was me who started to promote them here so it's good it's also me to warn you to be ware.
I wouldn't worry too much. You'll receive the package eventually. I has a similar issue with one of my packages from JB and similar response from them. I guess with smaller packages some get left behind and their processing and shipping gets delayed - I've had similar issues with AE waiting 2 months and more for certain packages. I received the delayed JB package eventually - yeah, it took them 7 weeks arrive and BPost apparently picked it up on the 6th week mark, but if you\re not in a big hurry JB works. It seems that they use something else to ship to another destination where BPost picks it up, so the tracking is useless until then

Nov 22, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #3,746 of 8,127
What?! ...JoyBuy.com...
...while the tracking code clearly states the package hasn't even been picked up it is me that has to prove I didn't receive the package???...
That really does suck. I was looking at that $50 1more iem deal and wasn't sure if they would be legit, then they went back up to $99. Maybe missing out is for the best if this is the level of service.

Can you do a credit card or PayPal dispute if they don't give you the refund?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #3,747 of 8,127
Yeah, JB has paypal payment and that's why I never worried. Personally with anything coming from Adia not just from JB, but from AE, Taobao, etc., I know I have to be patient - sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you might wait a full quarter to get your package. Of course, more than once I\ve been refunded by sellers and still received the packages some time after, and while I did contact the sellers and return the refunds I am sure a lot of people wouldn't do it at my place and I guess that's why a lot of sellers aren't very keen on issuing refunds, especially when the know the the postal service is probably taking its sweet time

Nov 22, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #3,748 of 8,127
I wouldn't worry too much. You'll receive the package eventually. I has a similar issue with one of my packages from JB and similar response from them. I guess with smaller packages some get left behind and their processing and shipping gets delayed - I've had similar issues with AE waiting 2 months and more for certain packages. I received the delayed JB package eventually - yeah, it took them 7 weeks arrive and BPost apparently picked it up on the 6th week mark, but if you\re not in a big hurry JB works. It seems that they use something else to ship to another destination where BPost picks it up, so the tracking is useless until then

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I'll get lucky if I wait long enough.

However AliExpress has a no-nonsense money back policy that I experienced a few times over the years.

The way JoyBuy responds makes I will only consider ordering from them if the offer is so tempting I am willing to take the risk.
The local mail will never supply such an official document so package lost means money lost.

Nov 22, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #3,749 of 8,127
Can you do a credit card or PayPal dispute if they don't give you the refund?

That might be possible but then you get an endless discussion and that's simply not worth it to me. К черту их!
If I receive the package eventually that's nice but I think twice before I order again.
Bpost orders take twice as long anyway so, unless they go back to PostNL, I don't like to order there anyway. Bpost is slow and, from what I read, not too reliable..

Nov 22, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #3,750 of 8,127
Yeah, JB has paypal payment and that's why I never worried. Personally with anything coming from Adia not just from JB, but from AE, Taobao, etc., I know I have to be patient - sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you might wait a full quarter to get your package. Of course, more than once I\ve been refunded by sellers and still received the packages some time after, and while I did contact the sellers and return the refunds I am sure a lot of people wouldn't do it at my place and I guess that's why a lot of sellers aren't very keen on issuing refunds, especially when the know the the postal service is probably taking its sweet time

I have been ordering from AliExpress and placed a few hundred orders over the years (yeah, they like me there :wink: ).
However, as far as I can recall, I have never seen a package get lost if it had a tracking code. Well; only once but that was a fake tracking code and the seller was a swindler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back